PDA

View Full Version : how can an unregistered user bid?

jolie
12-16-2003, 03:44 PM
hiya,

I'm curious about something. I have 2 bidders listed on my current auction. I looked them up under where it says "2bids" to get more info on each of them. One has zero feedback (which wouldn't have worried me too much) and says not a registered user. I clicked their feedback to see if maybe they had negative feedback that had cancelled out any positives leaving them with a zero. It says "user not yet confirmed in bold lettering, then under that this ID is not a registered user. How does an unregistered user get to bid?

Jolie

jamilyn
12-17-2003, 06:45 PM
They don't. Evidently they were unregistered after their bid and for some reason the bids didnt' cancel automatically. You can cancel them yourself though.

Genie
12-17-2003, 07:28 PM
Jolie, check their registration date on the "feedback card" or whatever it's called, by checking on their feedback number. If they signed up today and bid immediately, it's possible the system just hasn't caught up with itself.

I had something similar happen a couple of months ago, and after awhile it all looked like a normal zero feedback buyer.

Genie

jolie
12-17-2003, 08:02 PM
thanks for your help guys. the auction ended tonight miles away from the reserve price. i went back and checked this bidder out of curiosity to see which of the scenarios applied here (new bidder or old bidder booted off ebay). it turns out they just registered on the 14th, but ebay hadn't caught up yet. their info now appears when you click on their name. it's good to know for the future, so that i won't worry if i see an unregistered user's bid.

jolie