PDA

View Full Version : help to find old thread re shop in Paris

jackiesimmonds
12-16-2003, 12:43 PM
A while ago, there was a thread posted about a marvellous old shop in paris, where one could visit - sometimes - and buy handmade pastels, a very unique, almost unknown place. The poster showed us some photos of the place. I cannot remember the name.

I have tried a search for "paris art materials shop" but nothing appropriate came up, and a friend of mine is visiting Paris and wants to go there.

If anyone knows what I am talking about, and perhaps is even the person who wrote that thread ... can you please give me a link to it?

thanks
Jackie

Mo.
12-16-2003, 01:11 PM
Would this be the thread you are looking for Jackie?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148103&highlight=art%20shop%20in%20paris%20pastels%20Jackie

Mo.:)

Kathryn Wilson
12-16-2003, 01:54 PM
Thanks Jackie and Mo for a delightful read - and visiting Katz' online gallery was a treat also!

whipdanceur
12-16-2003, 02:08 PM
Hi Jackie,

Another little shop in Paris selling wonderful pastels is Henri Roche. These are said to be Degasí favorite pastels and sell for around $10 to $18(US) per stick. The shop is open only on Thursday afternoons.

For more details about Henri Roche pastels, see www.fineartstore.com.

Whipdanceur

BruceF
12-16-2003, 02:26 PM
If you are thinking of the Henri Roche pastel story I posted, here is the original article:

http://www.katzhome.com/pastel_article.htm

jackiesimmonds
12-17-2003, 04:25 AM
That's it! Henri Roche. Thanks so much everyone, you all have eagle eyes! (why on earth couldn't I find that Thread, Mo, and you found it in a minute. What did you put in the search?)

Thanks particularly to you, BruceF.

Jackie

BruceF
12-18-2003, 03:43 PM
Jackie,
You're welcome. :) Make sure to get a report from your friend. I'm sure everyone will be interested in what the shop is like as well as the pastels.

As for searching, sometimes simple is better. Just searching for Paris in the Pastel forum in the WC! search engine should have gotten the thread.