PDA

View Full Version : Just Need To Vent

Shai
12-15-2003, 11:40 PM
I have two eBay IDs. One is for my art and another is for all my other stuff (w/c I don't use very often).

Over the last month, sales have been quite down in general. Such a shame as last year, November was my BEST month (broken the US$1,000+/month gross sales).

Anyway, I can't complain too much because I know everyone's having a tough time on eBay. I'm just sooo annoyed because on top of the 'down time', I have had to deal with a few NPBs as well! Argggh! One of which (on my other eBay account, not the art one), even had the audacity to leave me a NEGATIVE feedback saying I did not send emails, etc. after I completed the NPB process. I sent this person at least 3-4 emails, plus an eBay invoice AND a payment reminder. I never heard from him... then last week, he emailed me saying he did not even bid on my item. So, I decided to just complete the NPB process the other day. Today, I saw that he left me negative feedback. I didn't know what to do except leave a neg as well and just respond to his neg comment. It just makes me soooo mad! This is esp. annoying because I had other bidders on the same item who did not win the item thanks to this deadbeat. :mad:

Now, I'm processing another NPB for my art auctions (also with multiple bidders!).

It really is sooo horrible why people do this. If they don't want the item, then don't bid. They outbid someone else for just a US$1 or so and sellers lose the sale because of these deadbeats.

Oh, and it also infuriates me no end knowing that these NPBs I've been processing are all based in Australia. What the...???!!!

It's just a shame that these things are happening now because for the first time ever, I really NEED the money from these sales - what with the baby coming soon and all.

Anyway, 'nuff for now. I just needed to share this, I guess. Or maybe it's just the preggy hormones. :p I hope you don't mind.

ElizaLeahy
12-15-2003, 11:55 PM
{{{Hugs}}} Shai, of course we don't mind.

Did you offer to the next highest bidder?

Also, I'm finding that some of my emails aren't working to other Australians! (panic time). I received a reminder notice to pay for something I bought from another Aussie, when I had written to her three times asking for payment details.

She received none of my emails, and I didn't receive any of hers.

If you don't hear back from people within three days, I'd suggest you make a call. $1 on a quick long distance phone call can clear up many difficulties.

When is the baby due?

arteitaliana
12-16-2003, 02:34 AM
I had the same experience with a buyer not receiveing my emails. I asked ebay for a contact number and the number was changed to a the new number where nobody ever answered and there was no way to leave a message.......I did not know what to do. Finally the lady phoned me...what a relief! Apparently she had also tryed to contact me to no avail. The bad thing was that she had already paid and I could not ship because she had a PO box address and FedEx does not ship to PO boxes...Anyway everything was eventually solved.

TeAnne
12-16-2003, 04:59 AM
Shai
Sorry for your troubles.

Optus, Telstra/Pigpond and Iprimus all have been having a hell of a time not getting the emails out.

Hang in the girl. Luck with bubby :)

Shai
12-17-2003, 12:11 AM
Thanks, Eliza, Rita & TeAnne!

About this:

Originally posted by ElizaLeahy
{{{Hugs}}} Shai, of course we don't mind.

Did you offer to the next highest bidder?

If you don't hear back from people within three days, I'd suggest you make a call. $1 on a quick long distance phone call can clear up many difficulties.

When is the baby due?

With the other auction (the one who already left me a neg) and another NPB I filed a month or so ago, yes - I did. But, I'm not sure how many people have opted out of receiving emails like that from eBay, as I have not heard from any of them. Ah, well...

This particular auction I am now working on, no, I haven't offered yet. But, I've taken your advise and decided to call the person who won the painting. I've never done this before so I felt a bit apprehensive.

Anyway, I left a message at first as there was no answer. A few hours later, he called me and was apologising profusely. He said he didn't realise he won and that he has not been checking his emails as their renovating their house. Anyways, to make the long story short, he seems keen to complete the transaction and promised to send the money today. Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed... :-)

On the baby: I've got one more month to go. The baby's due in Jan 2004. Some people are teasing me now that the baby might decide to come early (my tummy looks humongous for my size)... I hope not, though. I'm not done preparing yet. I haven't bought a lot of stuff yet. It's been so busy as hubby & I moved house again. Ack.

Anyway, thanks again... I'll keep you posted. :)

arlene
12-17-2003, 09:47 AM
we want pictures when the time comes!

Antoine
12-17-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Shai
he seems keen to complete the transaction and promised to send the money today. Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed... :-)

Well, that is good news! ;) I'm glad at least this one seems to be working out. I'm also very sorry about your other NPB's. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this client pays quickly and that it is the end for your line of NPB.

Baby photos? yes! yes! yes! please!

surreal
12-17-2003, 06:53 PM
Hi Shai,
What an exciting time for you!!!

I, too, look forward to seeing baby pics!
:D

Sorry about your ebay troubles!!!

Take good care of yourself!

:)

jolie
12-17-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Shai
On the baby: I've got one more month to go. The baby's due in Jan 2004. Some people are teasing me now that the baby might decide to come early (my tummy looks humongous for my size)... I hope not, though. I'm not done preparing yet. I haven't bought a lot of stuff yet. It's been so busy as hubby & I moved house again. Ack.

Wow! Already? It seems so recently that you found out you are expecting. I think time speeds up on us as we get older! LOL I think it's normal for first time expecting parents to worry about preparing and not getting everything done in time, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Even though you probably don't have a huge support system right there, with being fairly new to Australia, your friends and family are probably picking out lots of lovely things to post for the new baby. You'll also probably find that any new friends, people at hubby's work, etc will offer all sorts of their old baby stuff in your direction when you need it. Don't sweat the small stuff...you'll be fine.

I'm curious if you have a name picked out. (Yeah, I know, you've only been asked a thousand times since announcing you're expecting) Perhaps you should start a poll to decide! Just teasing, of course. LOL

Jolie