PDA

View Full Version : Using my name and other's in search terms

blondheim12
12-15-2003, 06:16 AM
My studio partner told me that there is a woman (artist) on eBay who is using my name and other artists names in her descriptions to pull in browsers. Evidently, she says that we are artists she admires but in reality is using the names to pull in lookers to her listings. Any thoughts on this?
Love,
Linda

Lady Rando
12-15-2003, 06:19 AM
Yes, I have a thought on this. I think she better cut it out. Do you know who it is?

TeAnne
12-15-2003, 07:14 AM
Keyword spamming I think.

madmum
12-15-2003, 08:47 AM
It's a guy, and I found him. I searched Blondheim art and there he was!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3644690006&category=20135

He pretends that his keyword spamming is just giving credit to the artists who inspire him! :eek: :mad:

Ruth

madmum
12-15-2003, 08:48 AM
Look at this list of keywords!!!!!!1

Here are some other masters that I like and am inspired by: Pablo Picasso Van Gogh Chagall Michelangelo Thomas Kinkade Salvador Dali Monet Group Seven Klimt Lempicka Lichtenstein Skelton Degas as found in Sothebys Christies Here is a list of up and coming artists on Ebay that also have fine works: EJ BYL GMaples Theo Verriest Lemya Osnat Arteitaliana eLLE Sophia Eames Schaap Anna Kandinsky sesillie girelli Bootson Millsap KJO Hurd Monfort Dunham Marems MK Mila silvio Havlock SHAG Sheri Lindsey Bildotz sanders REGIA Marinho CONLIN Noble GENTI LE ARTOUTWEST SByers Antonyuk Peter Max Wagner Kim Ransom Eddie Breen Patricia Dolan Cascio Deb Elston Frase Blondheim Woodruff Hagan LaGasse Hiromi Dsierra Sherry L Myro LOSS EBSQ group I enjoy seeing new works by these artists each day. Keywords of items I can paint and more: Still life Gift Present CENTURY Birthday Wedding Family Church Religious Spiritual Jesus Christ Christmas Santa Xmas Halloween Valentine Easter Winter snow rain windy Summer Fall Autumn Spring Season SUN Sunset Sunny Starry MOON Earth Planet Mermaids Dragons Witch Wizard Ghost animal CAT DOG Horse Chicken cow Tiger Lion Wolf Sheep Goat Dolphin hunter Bear Elephant Birds SCENERY Tree Bamboo Park clouds cloudy rainy spruce willow poplar pine cactus Flower peony Floral Sunflower Bouquet Lily Rose poppy daisies Carnation Vase fruit strawberry peach apple orange grape banana pear garden cafe BOULEVARD coffee Beer wine Martini alcohol diner candle supper feast tea Light House wall Urban Living couch chair Business Factory Kitchen Lounge Interior Bedroom Village Cottage Farm Prairie Countryside Coast Shoreline island Cliffs hills Mountain harbor Pirates Caribbean Beach Dock Boat fog mist Ocean Seascape Tropical Bridge River Pond Water Fire glass blaze Guitar Musical Dream Nightmare Book Car auto van truck portrait Nude Nudes pretty Woman Virgin Goddess Corset bra Ballet Cabaret Man Boy Girl Child Baby Brother Sister Mother Father Grandma Grandpa Uncle Bust BREASTS Sex Sexy Exotic Erotic Warship USA Liberty New York Chicago California America South North France French England UK British United Kingdom English Holland Norway Germany Surreal Surrealism Modern contemporary Abstract High Realism photo Impressionist Deco BAROQUE Opera Tuscany Tuscan VICTORIAN Dutch Enormous Miniature gorgeous sensual beautiful ugly distorted strange Textured gouache expressionist cubist cubism FANTASY tragic soup award winning artist beauty Triptych Diptych painting Media Stark light shadows RED BLUE GREEN GOLD Framed Grey Gray Silver Copper Neutral Tone Depth Yellow Brown purple crimson White Black aqua Pink bright colorful CHARMING pastel BRILLIANTLY STUNNING rich Retro Wild COA No Reserve Listed Rare Important famous Collector Ancient Clearance Sale signed Valuable Happy sad mad moody Depressed PEACEFUL Italy Italian city streets road Venice Rome Greece Greek Aztec Western Colorado Egyptian Egypt African FOLK Tokyo

kjsspot
12-15-2003, 08:59 AM
Hey kewl! I'm in there too! hee

Yeah, it's keyword spam. Off to report him. Sorry, but this is blatent abuse, not just an accident.

madmum
12-15-2003, 09:04 AM
:clap:

I agree, it's blatant abuse! The artist names are there for all to see, but the other keywords are black on black background.

Ruth

TeAnne
12-15-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by madmum
Look at this list of keywords!!!!!!1

This inspires him? lol
Man Boy Girl Child Baby Brother Sister Mother Father Grandma Grandpa Uncle Bust BREASTS Sex Sexy Exotic Erotic Warship USA Liberty New York Chicago California America South .

He looks cute too. Pity :(

madmum
12-15-2003, 09:10 AM
Add a direct link to his website to your complaint, KJO! His photo, to be exact.

TeAnne, he says they are keywords of things he CAN paint, though obviously not what he DOES paint :rolleyes:

Lady Rando
12-15-2003, 09:24 AM
Well, he didn't use my name but .... I still turned him in to Ebay.

prtpix
12-15-2003, 09:36 AM
That is so rude.
I can't believe people have such nerve.

prtpix
12-15-2003, 10:03 AM
Kerry,
Here is someone else useing your name and Girelli's name.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3645933026&category=20158

And I did a keyword search for Rita and if you type in arteitaliana all you see is stuff from that SORSDAHL dude.
What a low down dirty trick.

kjsspot
12-15-2003, 10:06 AM
I saw that! Just trying to think what I think about that one... it's not blatent as the other... :confused:

kjsspot
12-15-2003, 10:12 AM
And another

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3645017825

This guy has "Mr. Hagan's thanks LeMya, Picasso, Warhol, KJO, D. Hurd, and Pollack for inspiring his work. " in white letters on a white background. Gee, I don't remember getting any kind of thank you letter!

prtpix
12-15-2003, 10:26 AM
Even with the other one that you said is not so blatent.
I would not put up with it.
They are just trying to ride your coattails.
You people pay a lot of money to promote your names.
They should not be able to just type in your E-Bay ID or personal name uless they have your permission to do so.

In a different type of case.
I notice that there was someone with the name Osnat in their auction. But, this is in my opinion acceptable.
They are selling a book of sorts that was writen by someone named Osnat Lustig.

What they are doing with your names is wrong.

kjsspot
12-15-2003, 11:02 AM
Thanks Marianne. :)

Gee, I didn't know I was so popular! Y'all better get some before I skyrocket to fame! mwwaaahahaaa :p

pampe
12-15-2003, 11:04 AM
man.....I would never even have thought to do this crap

*shaking head*

people are amazing animals, aren't they?

blondheim12
12-15-2003, 02:16 PM
Thank you all for explaining the keyword spamming thing to me and for reporting it to eBay. I had no idea that people do this. It is pretty low in my book and disingenuous to say the least.
Love,
Linda

arlene
12-15-2003, 04:32 PM
i reported it too.

arteitaliana
12-15-2003, 09:19 PM
Is time for arteitaliana to do some reporting as well.
This guy Sorsdhal wrote me a few month ago complimenting my work and we ended up exhanging a few emails. I also gave him some suggestions of how improve his selling strategy.
I have noticed his "tuscany" paintings ( nothing I can do about that, but I have noticed....) now he is using my name to attract buyers? That's a little too much and he is not going to get away with it. ARGHHHHHH:evil:

surreal
12-15-2003, 09:19 PM
artoutwest is in his listing and noble too!

This sux!

:mad:

arteitaliana
12-15-2003, 09:43 PM
I just reported the creep and I will alert Girelli and Noble as well.

R

surreal
12-15-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Rita Monaco
Is time for arteitaliana to do some reporting as well.
This guy Sorsdhal wrote me a few month ago complimenting my work and we ended up exhanging a few emails. I also gave him some suggestions of how improve his selling strategy.
I have noticed his "tuscany" paintings ( nothing I can do about that, but I have noticed....) now he is using my name to attract buyers? That's a little too much and he is not going to get away with it. ARGHHHHHH:evil:

Good Rita!
Make sure he doesn't get away with it!!!

How devious this creep is!
:evil:

ElizaLeahy
12-15-2003, 10:39 PM
Invalid Item
The item you requested (3644690006) is invalid, still pending, or no longer in our database. Please check the number and try again. If this message persists, the item has either not started and is not yet available for viewing, or has expired and is no longer available.

They really don't like people keyword spaming, do they :)

wayfarer
12-15-2003, 10:56 PM
How low! How deceitful! Thanks to everyone for alerting and reporting this crap! It's appalling to everyone (like Rita, Linda and ksspot) who has made their success the real way, the hard way!

He forgot Kincaide and nude.

Chris

arteitaliana
12-16-2003, 01:52 AM
I just reported a second listing by this seller:
Listing #3645921985
Not all listings have hidden text but this one does.
In some of his listings including the one above I cannot see the images...can you?

I am really upset by this, also because I spent time trying to help this guy. He is actually not a bad painter and he does not need this kind of devious behaviour.

R

ElizaLeahy
12-16-2003, 02:01 AM
Rita, have you written to him and told him how upset by this you are?

arteitaliana
12-16-2003, 02:16 AM
No, and I am not going to. I don't want to hear his lame excuses.
I have never reported anyone before, but this takes the cake.
He is not some poor dumb guy, he is a software developper and he knows that this is illegal, anywhere on the Internet.
I have been irritated by him painting Tuscany, just because is a subject that sells ( not that he is doing that great with it) and he has a right to do it as anyone else, but this latest stunt is not something I can easily digest. He is not just using my name but everyone elses who sell for over $100 on ebay. This is like going to some artist's solo show and passing out his own business cards....a disgusting behaviour in my opinion. A base, disgusting behaviour.

NextSojourn
12-16-2003, 03:39 AM
I have never really thought much about all of this before. I guess I am a little slow at times.

It amazes me what people often do to try to get the edge on others. I took a long good look at many of the auctions tonight and found at least one blatent keyword spammer. These search words were all hidden on a white background. This is by a powerseller to boot. This kind of thing really bothers me. I pay lots of money and am in debt at this point for featured auctions to attract the few pathetic bids this last month and it just burns my &$$ that someone who know that keyword spamming is wrong does this. I have never even heard of this type of thing before today. This is a clear case of if you know how to do it and are doing so than one is guilty.

In many other cases, I see what I beleive is also some form of keyword spamming but this variety is much more clever or even cleverly inserted in bio's, quotations, store listings and other types of writings on the listing pages. I see sellers, who In my opinion do this to the extreme Is this Ok because it is more clever or disquised? I may add a few choice words for a title or discription of a painting but I have never thought to manipulate other text to improve search results like some of these other sellers obviously do.

I have learned much tonight. I am sure there are probably other games being played also that I do not realize.

And the people that use other artist names as described in this thread this is unbelievable! I think this so wrong. I hope all of you who have been effected can do something about this.

Personally I also think it is wrong to do this with well known and popular artist, but I guess this is one of those grey areas.

I quess my question is where do we as artist and sellers on ebay draw the line. Is it a game to see what one can get away with without being too obvious and possible turned in by some other seller? and does eBay have a solid guideline to establish these rules?

Richard

arteitaliana
12-16-2003, 03:52 AM
Richard: you don't need to be the one affected to report the abuse. Powerseller or not, this is illegal on ebay and anyone can report it.
I have been shocked as you have today, and relly pissed, to put it mildly, so I did something about it.
I would have never thought of looking for it, but now I will and will report anyone who does it.
I encourage you and others to do the same.
We cannot blame ebay for this as they cannot, or will not, police millions of listings, but we can blame ourselves if, having the power to stop these illegal practices, don't do anything about it.

R

TeAnne
12-16-2003, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by kjsspot
Thanks Marianne. :)

Gee, I didn't know I was so popular! Y'all better get some before I skyrocket to fame! mwwaaahahaaa :p

I reported the fella using Kerry's name. He even had it on non Art auctions. How rude!

And I just saw that he's still there. grrrrrrrrrrr I reported him this morning.All his items are still there. http://cgi6.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=dreamlightart&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

NextSojourn
12-16-2003, 05:12 AM
Thanks Rita,

So, at the very least any hidden keywords is definetly illegal. This is good to know. So if we don't stop this when we know about it, we just hurt ourselves, we may lose hits and possibly sales.

Allthough, I am by nature not the kind of person who goes looking for it around reporting every ebay offense I see, I aggree with you. I do see a strong need for us as group to report these types of activity. Although, I am pretty silent most of the time, I still feel like I am part of this great group of people on wetcanvas. We need to stick together.

So, I will also be on the lookout for all of this type of activity in the future. The artists of Wetcanvas plus all of the other honest sellers out there deserve a fair and legal playing field. Normal competition is healthy and good but other sellers having an edge becuse of illegal practices deserve to be kicked off eBay.

Richard

TeAnne
12-16-2003, 05:14 AM
I just reported a second listing by this seller:
Listing #3645921985
Not all listings have hidden text but this one does.
In some of his listings including the one above I cannot see the images...can you?

I am really upset by this, also because I spent time trying to help this guy. He is actually not a bad painter and he does not need this kind of devious behaviour.

R
A lot of them are fortunecity. Right down the bottom and his face are showing. I love the colours in his work too.

I hope he cops it from ebay.

kjsspot
12-16-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by TeAnne
I reported the fella using Kerry's name. He even had it on non Art auctions. How rude!

Hey thanks! I reported him the very first day on all his auctions with my name. Not sure why but nothing I've ever reported ever gets removed. Dunno. Perhaps they don't like me for some reason. :::shrug::: Or maybe it's simply that they ignore one voice and only remove something if it has more than one request. Dunno. It's sometimes very aggravating though.

Here's another Sorsdahl that they've not removed.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3645921985 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3645921985&category=20135)

And here's another from a different artist they still haven't touched yet. His offending text is white font on a white background.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3645017825 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3645017825&category=20135)

Lady Rando
12-16-2003, 10:00 AM
KerryJo, I turned those two in also. Maybe ebay will do something if we all report the offenders.

Paintonbrush
12-16-2003, 11:54 AM
Hey all. I just got back in town, and thank you for letting me know this dude is using my ebay name.
where do I report him.......makes me angryyyy!

arteitaliana
12-16-2003, 03:41 PM
The listing I reported last night is no longer appearing on ebay.
I know that also two other non WC artists reported this guy.
Apparently ebay only cancels reported fraudolent listings, but does not NARU the seller for these infringments.

arteitaliana
12-16-2003, 04:02 PM
He is just relisting the cancelled ones saying that the server failed due to the many visits!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20135&item=3646309586

meriadoc
12-16-2003, 04:09 PM
what scumbags!

even worse if they're doing it intentionally, but rita, the fact that he's relisting!

how rude!

jocelynsart
12-16-2003, 04:21 PM
Hi all: I think the bidders will get an email from eBay saying it was cancelled by eBay. I can't remember the exact content of the email, but I know it gives the impression that the Seller broke a policy. So hopefully the bidders will be warey and know his explanation is nonsense.
I was a bidder about 4 years ago on a piece of clothing and the Seller had been spamming Brand names in her descriptions and had been doing so also, after being previously warned. My bid was removed and her auctions closed. She volunteered that info herself, the warning stuff. I stayed away from her after that. I saw that she was suspended for a bit too but was back later. This was a long time ago and I have no idea how NARUing works now.
I have a feeling that he would need to do it more than once, after being warned, to eventually be NARU'd. This is probably his first time being caught.
How arrogant. You guys worked hard for your reps. If he was so admiring and inspired, he could have just put a blurb in his ME page about the wonderful artists he looks up to. and to check out their work on eBay too.
Joss

arteitaliana
12-16-2003, 04:32 PM
Sesillie G. also helped him out and even bought a painting from him.
That's the thanks she gets.:mad:

jocelynsart
12-16-2003, 04:41 PM
Man. Pretty nervey.
I did not understand all that keyword spamming stuff when I bid on that Seller's item at the time. Alot of bidders probably don't really know it is not allowed on eBay.

arlene
12-16-2003, 04:43 PM
i have also reported him for links abuse...take a look at where his link for a free print leads you.

arteitaliana
12-16-2003, 04:45 PM
In this case the keywords were not visible to bidders. The were dark grey on black background and very small and others in black text on black background. Only by viewing the source code you would see them.
The second cancelled item has been relisted as well
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20135&item=3646442522

ElizaLeahy
12-16-2003, 04:46 PM
He is just relisting the cancelled ones saying that the server failed due to the many visits!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20135&item=3646309586

I don't think he used your name in the new one, did he? I can't find any keyword spamming. Maybe we scared him off.

arteitaliana
12-16-2003, 04:52 PM
heheheh...good detective work, Arlene!

He has cleaned up his act but still insists in being devious.
I guess he thinks that he is smarter than most.

jocelynsart
12-16-2003, 04:55 PM
I think Teanne mentioned this once. You can just run your mouse down and highlight the text and you'll see any text on the page. It is easier to see that way too. Page Source is so much text and a wide scroll.
I think if he never does it again he'll never get NARU'd. They probably warned him.

kjsspot
12-16-2003, 04:58 PM
No, he's relisting without the keyword spaming. I see he also took the link off his photo. He's lying to try and save face which in truth only looks worse on him. He would have been better off not saying anything.

He won't get kicked off unless he's a repeat offender and even then I wonder. Plus, ebay most likely refunded all his listing fees. BUT, I know he's probably less than thrilled with having to lose bids and time.j Ah well.

Looks like all his are off ebay with the keyword spam in them however Werstler and Hagan are still showing up. :mad:

ElizaLeahy
12-16-2003, 05:07 PM
wwwsorsdahlcom

That's his ID

It's also his web page. I reported it. Let's see if it matters that it doesn't have . or not.

:)

arlene
12-16-2003, 05:11 PM
maybe with everyone pointing out all the infractions, he'll be naru'd?

arteitaliana
12-16-2003, 05:13 PM
Plus, ebay most likely refunded all his listing fees

I don't think so.

Again, he is not a bad painter, he could probably do well on ebay without recurring to those schemes.
He does not get many hits with keyword spamming. Sellathon (which he also uses) shows us that not many people search using "titles and description". He is just doing it because he can....these "smarter than most" people are often in the end the stupidier ones.

He will probably lay low for a while and then start again....we have to watch him.

kjsspot
12-16-2003, 05:26 PM
I don't think so.

The other poster who had her auction pulled because eBay declared it to be mature content had her listing fees refunded.

meriadoc
12-16-2003, 05:59 PM
Why Invest in a Sorsdahl Painting?

Hopefully if you look at my site and the artwork that is contained in there, you will see that I am serious about my artwork and I enjoy painting very much. My background is Engineering, I owned my own software company, but I gave that all up to pursue my real passion, my art. I took one year of art at the University of Saskatchewan and was told that I produced more then the cumulative works of a masters student. Art was something I always enjoyed doing and so I have made it my full time job as I crave to create something new in the field of art. Hopefully, you will see something different in my works as it is my goal to further that field. Some people may feel that Ebay cant contain great art, but I personally believe that many of my best works have been produced on there. It allows me to focus on my art and give back to many people who take that chance and bid on my works. If you look at the general guideline above, I am now also rewarding purchasers who buy my painting to also getting a free print to thank them for the valuable contributions that they have made. It helps make it easier for me to decide which ones to get printed while at the same time rewarding someone who pays more to own that work that they love.

The prints are from a huge 5 ft wide printer I bought. This fantastic giclee archival printer came right from Milton H. Greene Archives in Oregon and was used to print photographs of Marylyn Monroe and Frank Sinatra and the like, for things like the MGM Grande and such. Its worth $15,000US just for the printer, not to mention the other equipment needed. I also have a studio to take my pictures using a massive 4inch by 5 inch format, allowing for even the subtlest of details to be faithfully printed.

My goal is to grow and expand as much as possible in the field, ultimately to further the field of art itself in some way. I believe God has given me some talent to pursue art and I will be rewarded by working hard at it. You should see that I will continue to try new things, while at the same time trying to create works that people enjoy just as much as I enjoy creating them. I wish to thank everyone who has bid or bought a piece of my artwork/prints and thank them for the valuable contributions they have all made. My goal is to reward them by increasing the values of the works they have purchased and to enrich their lives with the beauty they make. I welcome any comments you may have so feel free to write me. Give me the good the bad and the ugly if you so wish, LOL.

*snort*

sorry to say but this guy is full of himself.

i enjoy the part of the 4x5 inch negatives, sure, they exist, but if you want massive- maybe he should use 20x24 inch film :p

do we really care that he has a $15,000 printer? i don't. he's fluffing himself up to a "look at me, look at how great I am because I have all this stuff that really isn't of any importance"

*rolls eyes*

arlene
12-16-2003, 06:53 PM
honestly i'm not impressed with his work...i think nina's surreal images were 100x better.

meriadoc
12-16-2003, 06:59 PM
arlene :

gotta agree with you. there is nothing special about his work, and the fact that he fluffs himself up to be something greater than what he is just makes me think less of him, and that affects what i think of his art.

I prefer humble artists. One thing I have noticed about the WCers that sell on Ebay, is that they don't make themselves out into something that they aren't.

arteitaliana
12-16-2003, 08:23 PM
The other poster who had her auction pulled because eBay declared it to be mature content had her listing fees refunded

But that could be viewed as an honest mistake, not illegal behaviour. What this guy is doing is highly devious and illegal. I think there is a difference. I hope so, anyway!

The guy is full of himseld for sure and he thinks he can convince buyers that his work is desirable because of this kind of hype. It does not seem to be working though, as a lot of his HUGE paintings sell for less that $100.

JoyJoyJoy
12-16-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by madmum
It's a guy, and I found him. I searched Blondheim art and there he was!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3644690006&category=20135

He pretends that his keyword spamming is just giving credit to the artists who inspire him! :eek: :mad:

Ruth

That auction is "invalid" now.... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nance

kiwicockatoo
12-16-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by jocelynsart
I think Teanne mentioned this once. You can just run your mouse down and highlight the text and you'll see any text on the page. It is easier to see that way too. Page Source is so much text and a wide scroll.
I think if he never does it again he'll never get NARU'd. They probably warned him.

That was me...:D

I started this thread on it:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=150517

kiwicockatoo
12-16-2003, 08:52 PM
And I agree with Arlene on Nina's work. ;)

arteitaliana
12-16-2003, 08:52 PM
He has had two auctions pulled ( that I know of) but he has relisted both of them free of the illegal content.

But still there is fee avoidance tactics on the description of this item:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20135&item=3644954876

he says: "Remember, there is only one original being sold and here is your chance to own it! The value of the limited prints that will be offered on my website is worth $1000, the original painting is worth even more "

He wants to sell $1000 each limited prints from his website ...but in the meantime he will be happy with $500 for the original sold on ebay?

What a generous soul!

R

kjsspot
12-16-2003, 09:13 PM
I hope so, anyway!

Me too!

meriadoc
12-16-2003, 09:22 PM
anyone notice the little javascript ticker thingy in the status bar??? (at the bottom of your browser window \/\/\/

course, i suppose he could be more blantant and actually put his URL in there ;)

-- L

arlene
12-16-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by meriadoc
arlene :

gotta agree with you. there is nothing special about his work, and the fact that he fluffs himself up to be something greater than what he is just makes me think less of him, and that affects what i think of his art.

I prefer humble artists. One thing I have noticed about the WCers that sell on Ebay, is that they don't make themselves out into something that they aren't.

i believe there is nothing wrong with quietly hyping yourself...your awards, etc...it's called promotion, but to blatantly do it reeks of desperation and hucksterism...

i wonder if he'd be doing alot better if he followed the kiss rule (keep it simple, stupid)

(anyone wanna bet that picture of him isn't him at all? :evil: )

meriadoc
12-16-2003, 10:07 PM
probably isn't :evil: :evil:- i suppose slapping a pic of brad pitt or whoever the latest heart throb these days is, wouldn't look too good - people certainly wouldn't take you seriously ;) (well, maybe some would)

i don't have any problems with quietly hyping, all of the WCers that i see regularly on ebay certainly don't go overboard - most are quiet in their acheivements- letting the art speak for itself :)

but! in the case of him, he's trying too darn hard ;) i smell fish ;)

-- L

TeAnne
12-17-2003, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by meriadoc
i smell fish ;)

-- L

lol Did you get your aquarium set up?

:evil: Joking :D

meriadoc
12-17-2003, 09:06 AM
nope, but there IS an aquarium right by my desk ;)

edit : well, there is an aquarium set up, but its been set up for over 6 months now ;)

ldoernte
10-28-2007, 03:44 AM
This just makes me laugh. If he wants to have others believe that that many painters inspire him, he must have the most blended style imaginable