PDA

View Full Version : copyright thief on ebay

Sue Irish
12-14-2003, 09:16 PM
There is a seller of ebay that is creating address labels from copyrighted art images from our website. The name of the seller is PawPrints Rescue. If you do either dog art or cat art you may wish to check her seller's page to see if your art is there. There are several 'offering' that we do not know the artist. Her seller's page is at:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=pawprintsrescue&sort=3&page=2&rows=50&since=-1&showpics=1&stab=0

Copy nd paste the entire link into the "open file" menu box.

We have reported her to ebay however if your art is there and being used without your permission you will wish to file a complaint also.

Thank you, Susan

TeAnne
12-14-2003, 09:25 PM
I hope she is booted off.

Lady Rando
12-15-2003, 06:30 AM
She's also ripping off an artist that does fairies. Shame, shame, shame. Hope she gets kicked off ebay.

Sue Irish
12-15-2003, 07:29 AM
TeAnne, Do you have the correct fax number for ebay. The one they gave me, 1-408-516-8811 does NOT work ... odd isn't it!

Susan

Sue Irish
12-15-2003, 08:17 AM
We finally were able to get through to their fax number. We found 25 stolen copyrighted images from our site, she took art from nine of our artists and has several of these listed multiple times. That was just on page one of her three selling pages. At that point I figured I had enough proof. I've worked four hours this morning just to do the "paper work" that EBAy insists upon, just to prove that it belongs to our artists not someone making 'cute doggy labels". AHHH!

We have insisted, like that will do any good, that the seller be banned. Obviously if she realizes she can't come to our site to steal she will just go somewhere else and steal from other artists.

Susan

TeAnne
12-15-2003, 08:25 AM
Oh wow, Susan, good for you and I wish you a whole heap of luck. Sorry, I didn't know their fax number either.

You go girl, throw the book @ her.

jefuchs
12-22-2003, 09:39 AM
I recently found an ebay painting that was a direct copy of a photo from a site I knew. The ebayer was an art mill from China. I reported it to the photographer, and he thanked me for it, but the item stayed up through the end of the auction (I don't remember if it sold).

I didn't know ebay made you go through so much paperwork to prove your ownership.

I see art websites that plaster a copyright notice on their images, and I tend to think that they are flattering themselves if they think people are going to use their images. I also see works that are very low resolution, which also dicrourages copying. These both seem like good ideas to me now.

dorith
12-22-2003, 01:01 PM
this has kind of scared me - i think i need to add a LOT of watermarks to everything i put on the i-net...
it won't make any difference to have your pictures lower res, because this person downscales them quite a bit to make those address labels anyway - and those a pretty small...

jefuchs
12-22-2003, 01:16 PM
I see that he lists some Thomas Kinkade stuff. Maybe legit items, maybe not.

I emailed Kinkade and tipped them off. Maybe his corporate machine won't think it's so cute.

Alan Cross
12-22-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Sue Irish
We finally were able to get through to their fax number. We found 25 stolen copyrighted images from our site, she took art from nine of our artists and has several of these listed multiple times. That was just on page one of her three selling pages. At that point I figured I had enough proof. I've worked four hours this morning just to do the "paper work" that EBAy insists upon, just to prove that it belongs to our artists not someone making 'cute doggy labels". AHHH!

We have insisted, like that will do any good, that the seller be banned. Obviously if she realizes she can't come to our site to steal she will just go somewhere else and steal from other artists.

Susan

Good for you Susan its a shame people have to do that....
Alan :)

Lady Rando
12-22-2003, 02:57 PM
I see that this person no longer has the address labels up for auction. Did ebay pull all those auctions?

surreal
12-22-2003, 07:51 PM
So sorry to hear about this nightmare, Susan.

tammy
12-24-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Lady Rando
I see that this person no longer has the address labels up for auction. Did ebay pull all those auctions?

Oh, they are still selling alright. http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/pawprintsrescue/

Although I don't know if these are the stolen images that ya'll are referring to except for maybe the Kincade ones.