PDA

View Full Version : My workshop with Corina

jujeebeads
12-14-2003, 06:52 PM
Saturday , I happily spent the entire day in a workshop taught by Corina Tettinger. I was in the class with 7 other women and we all decided to work on dot placement, encasement and stringer control. So Corina let us pick out a set of her beads and we would recreate the set (sort of) because all the beads involved the steps above. It was so much fun to watch her work in the flame. The amazing control and fluidity in her skills. I learned a lot, just those little tricks that make such a difference. She was funny too! She shared with us some interesting analogies of bead making. She is a great person and I am thrilled and thankful to have been part of this wonderful workshop.
Judy:cat:
This is a photo of the beads I made in the workshop:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Dec-2003/28560-mybeads.jpg
and this little beauty! This was a lentil bead Corina made that started to "go wrong", but she decided to turn it into a fish! my new prized possesion, given to me from Corina:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Dec-2003/28560-corinafish.jpg
Check out the photos of our workshop on Corina's website: http://www.corinabeads.com/

mlou
12-14-2003, 07:11 PM
Judy, those beads are gorgeous! That IS one of my favorite sets of Corinas. You MUST have had great talent going in to this, glad you got to go it must have been GREAT fun!

Now, WHICH ONE are you in the picture???Hmmm:)
Mary Lou

MaryBethC
12-14-2003, 07:36 PM
Those are gorgeous beads! It looks like you met your goal! I am taking a class with Corina in September here in Colorado and I am eagerly anticipating it!

The only thing helps is that I have a Murrini Class with Pati Walton in April and a class with Andrea Guarino in June - so those will help with the wait and probably with my skills!

It looks like Corina's class is well worth it!:)

jujeebeads
12-15-2003, 03:42 AM
Thanks! I am pretty happy with these beads.
Mary Lou-you are funny! I am the one crouched down in front.
MaryBeth-how lucky are you! Pati Walton-wow! I would love to take a class from her. I am not familiar to Andrea, but I will look her up. I signed up for Corina's class 6 months ago, so I was happy the day finally came!

Thanks for the replies! Happy holidays!

Juliesprin
12-15-2003, 06:44 AM
Is there a list of Corina's workshop schedule somewhere? I couldn't find one on her website.

Thanks!

Foofaraw
12-15-2003, 09:33 AM
Great work and ooooooh so jealous! That is also one of my favorite sets. I've been trying to figure out a way to change it to make it my own, so I don't feel guilty making it for myself, but alas, how can you improve on that??????? If she did custom orders I'd snatch a set up!

PattyK
12-15-2003, 09:58 AM
Oooh how lucky you are to have had a class with Corina! And the beads you made are just beautiful. :)

Patty

Jamn!
12-15-2003, 01:41 PM
I wanted so bad to go to that class... Flame and Fusion in So. California right??? IT was full!! ;(

What fun you had!!

Heidi

latitude40
12-15-2003, 01:52 PM
Now that's a beautiful set of beads! Lucky you to experience such a great class. I bet your head is just spinning with excitement and new ideas!

Karen

jujeebeads
12-16-2003, 01:06 AM
Thanks to everyone who checked out this thread-I just had to share!
Yes Karen, my head is spinning with ideas and today I only had tome to make a few things for orders before Christmas! Hopefully I will get to play tomorrow (if everything turns out right!).
Heidi-yes, Flame and Fusion is where we were. I signed up for this class last june! It's tough when it's 8 people per class!

It really is inspiring, aside from educational, to meet these artists and see them at work. I look forward to what ever class I do next (nothing planned yet). Thanks again for all the feedback!