PDA

View Full Version : Drinking cava

carobusquets
07-27-2001, 08:07 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jul-2001/Drinking_Cava.jpg
Hi everybody!

This is 12" by 17", mainly pastels with some watercolor and CP on bark paper. I was lucky enough to go to Fiji for a vacation this year and I bought this wonderful bark paper that they call MASI or TAPA paper. I sketched a lot and now I'm starting to try my hands at pastels.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.
Carolina.

Leaflin
08-01-2001, 12:09 PM
Hi Carolina
That paper produces such a great effect.
I hope you got a lot of it! :)
Your colours are rich and vibrant.
I have enjoyed looking at both these pieces.
Looking forward to seeing more.

carobusquets
08-01-2001, 06:04 PM
Leaflin,

Thanks for your comments on both works!
I did get a lot of the TAPA paper, but of course, now I think that I should have probably gotten A LOT MORE
:(
Hopefully by the time it's gone I'll have at least one piece that makes the most of this wonderful paper.

Carolina.

LDianeJohnson
08-01-2001, 07:17 PM
Hi Carolina,

When I first saw your piece, I thought, "it's wrinkled!", and wondered what kind of paper you used. This paper is wonderful for the subject. Nice job using both pastel and watercolor. The bright colors along with texture lend themselves. Is there a way you can order more of this paper for yourself? If not, you may try obtaining another type of paper that gives the same effect.

Diane

carobusquets
08-02-2001, 06:38 PM
Hi Diane,

Thanks for your kind comments!
I don't think that I can order this same paper, since I bought it at the market and it's actually what the people in Fiji use for their crafts. The guy I bought it from couldn't believe it when I asked if he had some clear paper, not made into something or painted, but just plain paper.
But I'm sure I can get something similar, another kind of bark paper, maybe from Mexico. Of course this will not have the wrinkles and the fun story to go with it ;)

Carolina.

LDianeJohnson
08-02-2001, 06:44 PM
You're welcome :)

That is a great story!

D.