PDA

View Full Version : Break!!!

solipsist1
12-13-2003, 06:06 AM
Don't know about anybody else currently in school, but I am ready for a break. My semester ends next week here in Nebraska. With 4 sudio classes and 6 total classes this semester, plus full-time work, a break is definetly in order. Hope everyone's school experience has been good so far this year. Mine has been, just busy.

saralindsey
12-13-2003, 11:27 PM
oh i'm looking forward to christmas break, actually one more exam and i'm done. but the best part is in a week my best friend will be flying in from tennessee to spend christmas with the family. so i'm looking forward to it. hope everyone else enjoys their holidays too.

solipsist1
12-14-2003, 03:14 AM
I am excited too. My girlfriend will be here for 3 weeks. She lives about 400 miles away. HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR!

Axl
12-14-2003, 06:28 PM
I finished last week, and i'm so happy that the first semester is over with. How did everyone's go?

darkangel
12-14-2003, 06:49 PM
I finished on Friday (Thank GOD!! Now I can finally sleep) and my marks in the actual 'art' classes are decent, but it's the other classes we have to take like English, that I'm not happy with at all.

Seraph
12-16-2003, 07:19 PM
Sorry to go against the trend here, but Im dreading break. I got done on Monday (the 15th) but luckily I dont have to go home until Saturday. My parents live in the middle of nowhere (and thats being nice!) so spending a month up there might be kind of tedious.

But next semester will be cool, so I guess I have that to look forward to. Im finally taking all art classes (3 studio and one art history) and this is the first time in three and a half years Ive done that! :eek: Plus I just got a new job at one of the art galleries on campus starting in the spring, so that will be cool too. :D :D :D

Sorry for all the smilies, Im just in a good mood right now :)

Counting the days till January,
~Seraph

solipsist1
12-17-2003, 07:21 AM
I am done!! Yeah! It really has been a great semester. Except (like others commented) my non-art classes. But all I have left is critiques in art classes and that doesn't really count as finals. So I am done. Enjoy!

darkangel
12-17-2003, 07:25 AM
Hey solipsist, what do you think of those critiques? We have them too and I don't find them helpful at all, because all we critique includes is abstract paintings, and I suppose there is a "wrong" way to do that. (according to my class)

solipsist1
12-31-2003, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by darkangel
Hey solipsist, what do you think of those critiques? We have them too and I don't find them helpful at all, because all we critique includes is abstract paintings, and I suppose there is a "wrong" way to do that. (according to my class)

Ours aren't too bad. Either you get someone with a passion and knowledge for art and get pretty good feedback, or you get someone who knows crap and you just don't listen to them. It is better than taking a test.

My grades were even decent. All A's except US History I got a C+ (oops, my dad has taught US history for like 30 years).

ttpaint
01-08-2004, 09:14 PM

Dark Angel, doing grad work just now, and yes there is alot of wrong ways to crit.
A good crit is a rare jewel, and worth waiting for, however...be advised not many professors are good at leading a great crit. Sometimes the best ones come from studio mates, practice on one another.... :clap: