PDA

View Full Version : thought

Ceu
07-27-2001, 12:39 AM
working or thinking of doing something with this one. any comemts, ideas, critique what ever you think about let me know.
Thanks

jerryW
07-27-2001, 08:53 AM
which came first
the egg or the shell

(a famous graffiti artist used to paint somewhat like this)

Ladysue
07-27-2001, 09:28 AM
I agree, it does have a sort of graffitti feel to it. I really enjoy the fact that it is so loose. It's kind of a suggestion rather than a statement.

I like the color. In these days of Kaki in clothing, new nutrals in decoration, some of us tend to forget to use the wild reds and yellows as you did.

Great Work!

diphascon
07-27-2001, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by jerryW

(a famous graffiti artist used to paint somewhat like this)

ha, I know who, I know ..! :)

cheers

martin adler

simon levenson
07-27-2001, 11:05 AM
I think this is terrific and would love to see group of figures. realtion of figures like this may take it to another level.

teixman
07-27-2001, 12:03 PM
Hi,
Excellent color composition, with its touch of dark red into the left knee (i like it very much).
I think the right arm is a little displaced, and i would redo its full shape. Also i would add some more yellow to the right tight in order to remark its volume.

Ceu
07-27-2001, 10:13 PM
Martin Adler, ummm I will have to check is work if I can, I don't know that many graffiti artists.
What came first , lol Jerry
Teixman: thanks for the input I think I will work on that
Thanks simon, I actually have a series of this model I will try and post some of the steches that I did in class .
Thanks LadySue: I do enjoy color, I feel trapped at times when doing something that has tame colors.

dornberg
07-27-2001, 10:15 PM
you might try a blue background
but that might ruin it

Ceu
07-27-2001, 10:18 PM
I could try it on the computer and see what it looks like dornberg

diphascon
07-28-2001, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Ceu
Martin Adler, ummm I will have to check is work if I can, I don't know that many graffiti artists.

oops ... Martin Adler, that's me. You won't find much useful about that person.

Your picture reminds me of KEITH HARING, btw ...

cheers

martin adler

TeAnne
07-28-2001, 08:34 PM
Maybe we can get together? :D
This is now in an online magazine.

Ceu
07-28-2001, 09:01 PM
oops Martin sorry about that, , ok then I should check KEITH HARING, lol.

Yes TeAnne , that is a very cool image , :)

ok here is a blue background and of course I could not leave it as just blue but tell me what you think?

TeAnne
07-28-2001, 09:07 PM
Love the colours. I like how she/he appears pidgonholed. Despair of the mundane everyday life/non life.

dornberg
07-28-2001, 09:53 PM
this revised picture is saying more, as a whole

SDavy
07-29-2001, 10:52 AM
I love the feminie forms you use, and the lacj=k of specific facial features, you let the shape in space say what it's about. That's a very nice thru line in your wok. Just an idea ( and definitely not an improvement, just a different thing. I would add the tiniest bit of green- a light green wash, maybe? to the back to not let the white speak so loudly. Just an idea. I like it very much!
Stephanie

mame
07-29-2001, 11:08 AM
Ceu - my opinion - it's done. No background color. Just make sure you're using very, very good paper.

Agree with my boyfriend Simon - a series of these simple/stark/gestural figures could be very powerful.

SDavy
07-29-2001, 11:47 AM
Somehow I mised the background pic when I poted- I think it's truly fantastic! Sh'e larger than Life! And Te-Anne- love that! ?-is she "making love alone"
just wondering...tee hee
Stephanie?

Ceu
07-30-2001, 01:11 AM
ok after all the advice I have chosen something from everyone I hope you like it what I did, if not oh well, :) but i'm comfortable with this being done this way. please feel free to coment on this one it will help on the series that Simon suggested and I like the idea

SDavy
07-30-2001, 11:31 AM
:clap: This background places the figure in such an interesting place, and says something very different about the emotional state. It makes the viewer ask questions. I love it! What hreat work!
Stephanie

Ladysue
07-30-2001, 02:00 PM
Well, it's not at all the same painting. It's kind'a sad now, where before it was almost "design". I
personally think the previous one was stronger, kind'a like someone who says what they have to say and leave it at that. Now, it's pretty. It's like a good speach, obeying the rules and all.

It's still good just not as "punchy"

colorme
07-30-2001, 02:11 PM
I like both of them, but if I was to pick one I would pick the first one. I love the colors:)

Ceu
07-30-2001, 10:39 PM
Lol well the second one is still as a whole since it was done in photoshop so I can have it as it is.
The first one turned into third wich it's ok i'm comfortable with it.
Thanks everyone for all the input and ideas, as I promised I will be posting the rest of the paintings from the same model and other model paintings that I have.
Once again thank you:)

[QUOTE]24. Perception is subjective
25. The artist may not necessarily
understand his own art. His
perception is neither better nor
worse than that of others.

26. An artist may perceive the art of
others better than his own.
-Sol Lewitt, from "Sentences on Conceptual Art".
Thanks Mame this makes sense

mclaughlin
07-31-2001, 09:31 AM
The powerful expression of your first draft is gone.
That thread was like a pinball-game with your picture as the silver ball.

~*HC*~
07-31-2001, 12:51 PM
I like your apparent lack of fear, that I see in your work.

diphascon
08-01-2001, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by mclaughlin
The powerful expression of your first draft is gone.

I'll second that.

When I saw the final version for the first time, I thought "the cat got claws and lost them again ..."

cheers

martin