GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Cedars
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 11x14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This one is from yesterday, I went out to get snow pictures, but the snow was almost gone. I found a stand of cedar trees instead. This one was so perfect that it seemed the other trees were applauding it.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Continuing on my same avenue of exploration, will continue until I find it boring.

mfoxmelanson
12-12-2003, 02:03 PM
Well, I'm applauding you! :clap:

M.

shirleyq
12-12-2003, 03:55 PM
Very, very nice Bob. You will find snow today, no doubt!:)

Wayne Gaudon
12-12-2003, 04:02 PM
lovely .. question .. have you ever thought of doing your sky in short strokes like the rest of your canvas .. I think it would really look cool.

roberj
12-12-2003, 04:44 PM
Thanks M

Hi Shirley, is it snowing there yet? They are calling for at least 7" tonight

Hi Wayne, I have made several paintings with the heavier paint, or shorter strokes, but I kind of like the way to smooth paint of the sky recedes and lets the foliage stand out fom the canvas. The sky is actually fairly thick pain, but I have smoothed it out with the flat of the knife. One of these days I will do a painting with heavy clouds and post it, Thanks for looking.

Bob

ArtistAvery
12-12-2003, 04:49 PM
This is a very nice textured painting, and I too agree that it could be more interesting if the sky were done in the same manner as the folliage. The bush on the lower right side of the painting is receeding in my opinion, and I am wondering whether or not darkening those branches that break the horizon line would help bring it foreward. Also lightening the yellow ochre color around the branches at the bottom might pull it forward also.

Lbones
12-13-2003, 04:48 PM
Got lost in the texture, I really enjoyed it.

Lbones

Matt Sammekull
12-13-2003, 06:42 PM
As Lbones just said, - great texture! I have never managed to use a impasto technique, so I know it takes some skill to do it.

Good job,

//matt