PDA

View Full Version : Will I save this for after Xmas?

TeAnne
12-12-2003, 04:05 AM
I'm playing around with this one. Should I do a 10 day listing or wait till after Xmas?
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Dec-2003/1887-Nikkers_1256.jpg

ElizaLeahy
12-12-2003, 04:44 AM
I'd wait until after Christmas. I'm not listing anything until then.

kiwicockatoo
12-12-2003, 10:06 AM
ooh, I don't know the answer to your question - but the colors in this are amazing!:clap:

TeAnne
12-12-2003, 10:18 AM
Thanks Eliza, I'll wait then. This is my first active xmas ebay.

Thanks Kiwi, how are you doing now? :)

deborahbart
12-13-2003, 01:01 AM
TeAnne I really like that one.

This is my first Christmas too and I am finding my auctions are just as busy as they have been at any other time. A lot of my winners are buying them for Christmas gifts - especially o/s bidders wanting to send a present to family in Oz.

Cheers

Deb

TeAnne
12-13-2003, 01:11 AM
Thanks Deb. You do such beautiful work. I love the BOP, so unusual.

I think I'm just embarrassing myself. Been away from the oils for too long. :(

deborahbart
12-13-2003, 01:30 AM
Thanks Te

I disagree - I thought your orange hibiscus was beautiful...has it ended - don't see it anymore. I'd be surprised if it didn't sell.

Your nudes are great and the expression on your Male Lion is just the best ever!!

ebay is so fickle. I now have a serious bidding war over my pop arums after not being able to move them for three months.

By the way I think your photos are great and you inspired me to get snapping again.

TeAnne
12-13-2003, 01:56 AM
Hi Deb

2nd time round and the hibiscus didn't sell *sigh*

I noticed your auctions have some really good bids. :D Congratulations, you deserve it :clap: :clap: :clap:

lol I couldn't sell my photos either :( They were going well until I moved house! Now I'm lucky if I do sell anything. Must be a bad Feng Shui here.

Thanks for your lovely comment too :) Are you show your pics in the Photography Forums?

deborahbart
12-13-2003, 03:35 AM
Hmm don't know much about Feng Shui...but things do tend to go in cycles!

I'm really surprised the hibiscus didn't sell. I can't understand it. Sometimes I just start my auctions at $1 and that seems to get people interested. I know it's risky...but the worst I ever had to sell at was about $30, and that person has since bought a couple more off me so it paid off.

Otherwise I will do a matching painting and put them up as a set. I find that they do well.

I haven't uploaded any photos yet but I want to put some into the image library. We have some "wild" rainbow lorikeets that come into our kitchen and I good some gorgeous shots - not technically brilliant photos but may be good as painting references.

take care

Deb

Rieko
12-13-2003, 03:45 AM
Hi TeAnne,

I love your vibrant painting! This painting reminds me of one of my favorite artists: Gauguin.

Well, now it's too closed to Christmas, you may want to wait after that. Good luck! :)

TeAnne
12-13-2003, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Rieko
Hi TeAnne,

I love your vibrant painting! This painting reminds me of one of my favorite artists: Gauguin.

Well, now it's too closed to Christmas, you may want to wait after that. Good luck! :)

Thanks Rieko
I have been doing some work on it, she doesn't look like she's had open heart surgery now. lol

I took the body shape from an old gesture drawing of mine and the rest is out of my head.

TeAnne
12-13-2003, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by deborahbart
Hmm don't know much about Feng Shui...but things do tend to go in cycles!

I'm really surprised the hibiscus didn't sell. I can't understand it. Sometimes I just start my auctions at $1 and that seems to get people interested. I know it's risky...but the worst I ever had to sell at was about $30, and that person has since bought a couple more off me so it paid off.

Otherwise I will do a matching painting and put them up as a set. I find that they do well.

I haven't uploaded any photos yet but I want to put some into the image library. We have some "wild" rainbow lorikeets that come into our kitchen and I good some gorgeous shots - not technically brilliant photos but may be good as painting references.

take care

Deb

Can't wait to see the pics Deb. :)

I did start a painting off @ a $1 once. *ugh* Never again. I figure if they want it bad enough, they will bid.

I sold 3 nudes last week + my BOP, my kitten and another cat. Have a bid on the pansy. But these others that I worked so hard on. Nothing *sigh*

deborahbart
12-13-2003, 04:03 AM
I DEFINITELY find after a busy week I have a quiet one!

I don't geddit. Its like the universe tries to even things out.

Your BOP was gorgeous! Congrats on the sale. Try the set idea!

Good luck - hopefully next week will be better!!

TeAnne
12-13-2003, 04:07 AM
I DEFINITELY find after a busy week I have a quiet one!

I don't geddit. Its like the universe tries to even things out.

Your BOP was gorgeous! Congrats on the sale. Try the set idea!

Good luck - hopefully next week will be better!!

Thanks Deb. I did like my BOP, it was the 2nd oil I did after getting back into it.

I will let these run out and list after Xmas (maybe)...... I do plan on doing the threebies again. I can't wait for Aussie shops to get off the ground.

Thanks again, you've made me feel a bit better. :D

deborahbart
12-13-2003, 04:25 AM
I can't wait for Aussie shops to get off the ground.

Yeah me too - I've got heaps of stock now thanks to all the wet weather :)

Glad I helped. I really think your work is lovely :)

TeAnne
12-13-2003, 04:33 AM

Yeah me too - I've got heaps of stock now thanks to all the wet weather :)

Glad I helped. I really think your work is lovely :) :crying: :crying: :crying: Well, another one bit the dust.

Good luck Deb. Off to cook dinner now. :)

surreal
12-13-2003, 10:43 AM
Gosh, Te, I wish I could help you make a decision.

:confused:

The colors are fabulous in this piece of yours.

I have been selling stuff dirt cheap and I will have to stop doing this. (Actually, they have not been selling. ;) )
LOL

I just love selling on ebay and can't restrain myself from putting drawings up for sale.
:rolleyes:

surreal
12-13-2003, 10:43 AM
Deborah,

Could you supply us with a link to your ebay auctions?

:)

TeAnne
12-13-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by surreal
Gosh, Te, I wish I could help you make a decision.

:confused:

The colors are fabulous in this piece of yours.

I have been selling stuff dirt cheap and I will have to stop doing this. (Actually, they have not been selling. ;) )
LOL

I just love selling on ebay and can't restrain myself from putting drawings up for sale.
:rolleyes:

Hi Nina
Thank you so much :)
Right now, I feel like pulling the whole lot off and waiting till after Xmas. :(
There is noway, I will sell them any lower than what they are. Oil paints here are expensive. :(

Here is Deb's Shop.
http://www.stores.ebay.com.au/id=85176018

surreal
12-13-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by TeAnne
[B].................................................................................................
There is noway, I will sell them any lower than what they are. Oil paints here are expensive. :(

They are very pricey here as well.

You should not sell them any lower than what they are priced at!

You are wise not to lower your prices!

:D

ElizaLeahy
12-13-2003, 04:43 PM
Nina, I really think that it's the medium. You have a following, but they have already bought one of your drawings. Now they want your nudes painted. I'm sure of this and you can yell at me if it doesn't work.

Make them a fair size, no less then 12 x 16 and preferably bigger, and do them the same colours and shapes that you already do.

But remember your expenses are going to be higher, with the canvas, paint and time, so start your auctions much higher. FP one and start at $39 or $49 and see how it goes. Wait until well after Christmas.

surreal
12-13-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by ElizaLeahy
Nina, I really think that it's the medium. You have a following, but they have already bought one of your drawings. Now they want your nudes painted. I'm sure of this and you can yell at me if it doesn't work.

Make them a fair size, no less then 12 x 16 and preferably bigger, and do them the same colours and shapes that you already do.

But remember your expenses are going to be higher, with the canvas, paint and time, so start your auctions much higher. FP one and start at $39 or $49 and see how it goes. Wait until well after Christmas.

You offer good advice, Eliza!
I won't yell at you if it doesn't work!
LOL
;)

I am going to change my user id name to a shorter name. I don't think it'll make a difference to use my user name in my title line, but I will give it a try. ;)

So, I will dream up a shorter user id name for myself.

I don't have a following. I have 10 or more repeat buyers who don't purchase my art frequently and only 1 collector of my art.

Thanks for your suggestions, Eliza!

TeAnne
12-13-2003, 05:14 PM
I can just see them painted, good idea :D Go Nina

surreal
12-13-2003, 08:17 PM
For my new user id my husband and I came up with this:

nk.art

What do you think?

I hate "nkart" because I read it as n kart"

deborahbart
12-13-2003, 08:22 PM
I love it! :clap:

wish I had thought of it :)

TeAnne
12-13-2003, 08:31 PM
It could work Nina but it reminds me of Nark, I'm also dyslexic sometimes. :evil:

ninart? art.nk?

surreal
12-13-2003, 08:35 PM
Thanks for your feedback, Deborah and Te!

I was also thinking of using:

nk*art

I will make my decision tonight!!!

lol

;)

TeAnne
12-13-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by surreal
Thanks for your feedback, Deborah and Te!

I was also thinking of using:

nk*art

I will make my decision tonight!!!

lol

;)

I think the star helps it.

TeAnne
12-11-2004, 10:34 AM
ROFLMAO This took 12 months to sell.
And I still have the hibiscus.
I'm playing around with this one. Should I do a 10 day listing or wait till after Xmas?
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Dec-2003/1887-Nikkers_1256.jpg