GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Girl with Sparkler
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 12X16
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Finished yesterday, this is my first painting ever, done in acrylics. I worked from a photograph of myself as a little girl that i snatched out of the family albums. I think i'd like to do this painting again one day, on a larger canvas and with the sparkler as the light source. I know that there are many things wrong with it, but i've decided that for a first try its not so bad.

I'm going to revise the title before i give this to my parents for X-mas, if anyone has a suggestion.... ;)

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I'd love to know what you all think of my first attempt... !!

mcknight
12-11-2003, 10:52 PM
Very good first painting ever!

mfoxmelanson
12-12-2003, 12:32 AM
Wow! Amazing work for a first! The lines on her knees look a little harder than the lines on the rest of her body. Doesn't look bad, though. I love how you've handled the sparkler!

M.

pero lane
12-12-2003, 01:07 PM
Great job for a first painting.....really!:) Continue and you'll learn something new every time you pick up a brush!:clap:

PyariStudio
12-13-2003, 11:45 AM
Pero lane, Mfoxmelanson, and Mcknight: thank you all for taking the time to look and comment on my painting :) I took it to school yesterday and my art teacher flipped out about it, lol - she insisted that it be matted and placed in the Gallery... lol it looks like my parents will be getting their x-mas present a little late!

artbabe21
12-13-2003, 01:56 PM
Quite a GOOD first...have you done a lot of drawing? If so it shows...I also like the way you handled that sparkler...I think mom & dad rate first dibs IMO...:)

PyariStudio
12-13-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by artbabe21
Quite a GOOD first...have you done a lot of drawing? If so it shows...I also like the way you handled that sparkler...I think mom & dad rate first dibs IMO...:)

Hi Cathleen! Thank you :) I do have a background in drawing, 2 semesters of HS drawing classes over the span of three years.. lol. I'm taking another 2 semesters of 2D Drawing: Portfolio this year (my Senior year), but have done mostly photography this semester. Hehe, Mom and Dad will get the painting... i don't think they will mind much if its a little late. They still have a colored pencil portrait I did a year ago (of my father and myself) sitting on a table waiting to be framed. Sigh.

DASchooler
12-24-2003, 01:05 AM
I'm sure your folks will be tickled with this piece. As this is your first painting I humbly tip my hat, you are VERY talented and I can hardly wait to see your future works. Well done. :clap:

Alan Cross
12-24-2003, 10:22 PM
If this is your first painting you are well on your way.....it is very well drawn out and the painting is coming across good.
Keep at it....
Alan :)

pampe
12-24-2003, 10:36 PM
wonderful first

Look forward to seeing the 2nd, 3rd, etc around here!!

painter1960
12-25-2003, 11:11 AM
This is good for a tenth painting, say nothing of a first. Look forward to seeing more of your work. As far as a title goes, what comes to mind for me is Innocence. Nice work. bobby

jerryW
12-26-2003, 09:29 AM
the tension, the vantage point, the composition, and the rendering on the fabric are all excellent.