PDA

View Full Version : woman with flower

Greg Vander Houwen
07-26-2001, 08:55 PM
Illustrated this a few weeks back. It is a good example of the use of vector masks in Photoshop.

http://www.netcandy.com/Interact/Imgwwf.htm

Greg

leesmith
07-26-2001, 09:09 PM
Hi Greg,

Thanks for that beautiful image! I have no clue what a vector mask is, I've fooled around with some of the tools in Photoshop and can see it takes great skill to come up with an image as refined as the one you posted.

Lee

Wyobud
07-26-2001, 09:12 PM
Greg ......... That is totally beautiful. I will spend more time in contemplation of your piece, right now I'm in awe. The process is totally beyond me, so I probably dont''t fully appreciate your effort.

Bud

Ohju
07-26-2001, 09:26 PM
this is wonderful, very lovely digital. It's a masterpiece for sure! I love the light, shows like the sun. And the cool colors of purple and blue really set it off. very nice :D

rsmak
07-26-2001, 09:45 PM
beautiful work.
rosanna

Javier
07-26-2001, 10:14 PM
Greg,"Woman with Flower" is magical. It is the best fantasy (the way I like it) piece of work that I have seen in a very long time.

Your choice of colors and your attention to detail has produced an extraordinary fine work of art.

Thank you for sharing "Woman with Flower" with us.

The Very Best,

jerryW
07-26-2001, 10:18 PM
a cool idea finished artfully and scientifically

ayzia
07-26-2001, 10:21 PM
oooohhh.....aaaaaahhhhh

Ceu
07-26-2001, 10:22 PM
Just perfect, wow, :)

dupliKate
07-26-2001, 10:58 PM
Ooooooo....that's beautiful Greg. I don't know anything about what skills were involved, but it is obvious that you had a vision and I'm very glad you posted it. Luminous, magical...way to go!

:clap: K

Greg Vander Houwen
07-27-2001, 01:23 PM
Thanks all,

This is the first time I've posted it to non-digital specific community. I wondered if it would hold up here. The digital side is still in its awkward teenage years and there is a lot of work that suffers from those growing pains. But here the work is clearly mature and there is so much great imagery posted. I am very pleased to find a place where the image comes first and the method is a distant second. After all, digital is just another means to an end.

Greg

ZOTMA
07-27-2001, 03:27 PM
The end definitely worth whatever means.
I appreciated the brief description of technique. When I first opened it, I thought how complex and multi-layered and sure enough it far exceeded that in construction and yet this is simple in subject and activity. It's a vision of grace and symbolic quality (love the lotus) worth the hours in my opinion.

corn flakes
07-27-2001, 04:37 PM
The background is my favorite part. I saw the word luminous somewhere in this thread and that really describes it for me. Beautiful.

EFlorence
07-31-2001, 01:32 AM
I love this image...it is so graceful and lovely. You are a very talented artist and I greatly admire your skills and gifts. Please say hello to the frog in clogs for me...;)