PDA

View Full Version : My first unhappy client

Antoine
12-11-2003, 06:48 PM
I have a client who won 3 of my drawing auctions. I shipped them al together and only charged her once (upon request) In my auctions I have optional insurance which she decided not to take.

Today I got a mail from her saying it got wet and was damaged. This was really bad news, and although she decided not to take any insurance, I offered to make her similar drawings if she would return them to me. Upon which she sent me this mail:

“Antoine, could you please count the shipping fee for me?
To ship the damaged pieces back is another shipping fee for me!
Do you have another idea? Ship the drawings back is unexaptable!”

I would always to go to all extends to keep my customers happy and I would offer her a refund although I do feel this is very unfair. Anyone with ideas on how to handle this?

I feel very upset
:crying:

TeAnne
12-11-2003, 06:53 PM
She didn't want insurance, so it's not your fault. Don't refund her. If she returns the drawings, yes, but otherwise no. If she was complaining to Walmart or Target or major shop, she would have to produce the merchandise upon refund........... I have an idea she might be pulling your leg.......... In Oz the PO will cover up to $50 for damaged or lost in post goods.......... Do you have it there too?

prtpix
12-11-2003, 07:25 PM
It really really stinks. But, You have to always be prepared for jerks like this who think they are always right.
I don't feel like getting stuck. So, I always include insurance in the shipping charge of my paintings. I can't afford to eat the cost of a painting and I'm not talented enought to paint the same thing exactly the same twice.
There are always going to be people out there that think that you wronged them if the merchandise gets lost or damaged in the mail.
You have to protect yourself. Make them pay extra for insurance. Include it in the shipping charge.

arteitaliana
12-11-2003, 08:38 PM
She decided not to pay for insurance so she has no recourse now.
You are being very kind in offering to substitute the drawings but is not fair on her part to ask you to absorb the shipping.

I never ship without insurance.

R

dorith
12-11-2003, 08:49 PM
the thing is, though: if you don't let her ship it back, you'll get negative feedback. if you do, and pay for it - you're stuck with the costs. maybe you should copy your text from the auction into an email to her, with the "insurance optional" highlighted, and tell her that she should have had it insured, then it would have been covered.

i've had a customer wanting to send back a painting, accompanied by a VERY nasty letter to me (that included the words "piece of crap" :eek: ). since i have the policy, if the customer isn't happy, i'm not happy - i offered her to refund her money, and asked her to ship it back, well packaged, at my expense. she put it back into the same flat box/envelope it was mailed in the first time - so by the time i got it back, the painting was bent to the point where it wasn't sellable anymore.
and THEN she decided to leave me negative, nasty feedback....
unfortunatly, i didn't have the "nice-ity" to deal with it in a professional way - and left her neg. feedback as well...not something i'm proud of...:o
anyway - things can get nasty fast, and that's not something you really need.

try to keep it as professional as possible. the buyer should pay for the return shipping (and if it were up to me, for the ebay costs as well...), ESPECIALLY if they didn't ask for insurance.

i don't know, what exactly your terms of shipping were, but if you don't have it stated in your auctions, that return shipping for refunds are to be paid by the buyer, that might be something you want to add in future auctions, to avoid something like this again.

arlene
12-11-2003, 09:08 PM
here's what i say in mine...feel free to use it.

I guarantee all my work. If not completely satisfied with your purchase, price of painting minus shipping charges will be reimbursed if returned in original condition within 14 days. BID WITH CONFIDENCE!!

also I include insurance in my shipping charges... and I build into my shipping costs my time for posting it, packing it, etc.

Lady Rando
12-11-2003, 09:15 PM
I also never ship without insurance, I don't even give my customers a choice. Since she chose not to have insurance it was her risk, not yours.

surreal
12-11-2003, 09:49 PM
Hi Antoine,

You are too new at the ebay game to risk getting negative feedback.

Even though this customer is being unreasonable, I think you should pay for the cost of having your drawings shipped back to you, to avoid negative feedback.

:)

Antoine
12-11-2003, 09:59 PM
Thanks a lot everyone. It is alreally nice not to feel alone. I've already changed all my auctions (the ones without bids) to ‘insurance required’. Before I felt lets be nice and give the customer all the options in the world.... big mistake!

The thing that bothers me most about this is (as some have said) the fact that negative feedback could be so harmful that you have to bend double to keep the customer happy. (fair or unfair) I already offered to pay her shipping as well (as part of my bending double to please and not get negative feedback) act. I only have 9 feedbacks, she bought 3 items ...3 negs out of 12 will kill me.

I do not really care that much about the money but out of this client’s mails it is becoming clear that she is actually unhappy that the shipping which I charged was a little more than the stamp on the package. I suppose she doesn’t realize packaging materials, packaging time or post office runs takes time and money. So now she is trying to see how far I would bend... and I have no choice but to be nice, bend over as far as she asks and pay all she want. And then I still don’t know if she’ll leave me a neg.

arteitaliana
12-11-2003, 10:09 PM
Maybe you are right to try and bend backward. In your shoes, I would probably do the same.

You should be aware of the fact that 3 negatives left by the same client only count as one negative, but...they would still look bad.

R

prtpix
12-11-2003, 10:10 PM
Is the buyer in question ebmob?
If so, You are in big big trouble.
I just looked at the feedback that this person has been l;eaving others.
And OH MY GOSH.
she is really something.
It's awful.
Please tell me that this is not the person you are having trouble with.

Antoine
12-11-2003, 10:12 PM
OH MY GOSH!!! *&%$#* !! It is ebmob1 ... I suppose I am in trouble

prtpix
12-11-2003, 10:14 PM
I would not send her a refund or anything
Look at the feedback she is leaving for people.
This is awful.

prtpix
12-11-2003, 10:16 PM
Feedback She has Been Leaving (http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedbackMemberLeft&memberId=ebmob1&items=25)
OH Man. I would not want to deal with her and she is going on my Blocked Bidders List.

Antoine
12-11-2003, 10:18 PM
I've just seen her feedback record. What could I do but try to please her?!?

I'd also block her as soon as we are finished with this transaction.

Some people :mad:

prtpix
12-11-2003, 10:30 PM
I know how you feel.
but, Like everyone else says on here. She had a chance to purchase insurance and refused.
You gave her the option. You did your part.
I would really have a hard time with this.
It really seems there might be no pleasing this person.
No matter what you do, She will most likely neg you.
Like I said before, You did your part.

When making purchases over the mail like this. People have to remember things do get lost or damaged everyday.
I make many many purchases over the internet.
Lower priced ones that I know can be replaced (BY ME OF COURSE) I just have them shipped to me without insurance and eat the cost and the loss if something bad happens.
But, Things that can not be replaced and especially higher priced items, I always get them insured. The post office really doesn't care what happens to our stuff unless that inurance sticker or stamp is on the package.
You just have to deside for your self if the item that you are recieving is expendable.
This person didn't seem to care about it until now.

Sumafra
12-11-2003, 10:35 PM
Antoine,

Shipping without insurance is a mistake in my opinion. In the end, you are responsible to make sure that the painting arrives in good condition and if it does not, you need to make a claim with the post office. That is why I include insurance in the shipping cost. It is not negotiable.

I would not refund or replace anything without the original work back. As to the cost, if the work was damaged in transit, then she should not have accepted it from the post office.

Anyway, it seems that you are in trouble with this one no matter what you do, that's very unfortunate. If I were you I would agree to pay for the shipping if she leaves positive feedback for you. But I would not replace the work, I would give her a refund. This is not a person who will ever be satisfied. YOu'd be better off just backing off of the whole thing if you can.

Good luck with this one. Let us know how it turns out.

Suz

surreal
12-11-2003, 10:44 PM
This really sux!

Sorry to hear about all of this, Antoine!

prtpix
12-11-2003, 10:48 PM
She paid $3.00 to have a bra shipped to her and wrote Negative feedback to the seller for over charging shipping.
My gosh. that's harsh. Sure, It only cost about $1.50 to send a bra across the country. But, I would not complain about the shipping when it was so little. Not to mention that the shipping charge was clearly stated in the auction.
This person is really something.

Antoine
12-11-2003, 10:50 PM
To be honest, I might be wrong, but I do not think the damages (if any) is what made this person mad. I have seen many of the negatives which she left and she is complaining that the shipping is more than actual shipping. In her last mail she said ‘you will repay the shipping which you overcharged me’.

Suz, I know better now to ever give the client the option of insurance again. As I said before I already offered to pay for the shipping ... I would replace, refund what ever she wants.

All I could do is to lick her bud as much as she wants and hope...

prtpix
12-11-2003, 10:53 PM
Oh and get this.
Even though she complained about paying $3.00 to have a bra shipped to her.
She is selling bras right now and charging $3.00 to ship them,
Man I just don't get this person.
I guess you can tell I all fired about about it.
All I can say now is:
I FEEL FOR YOU!!!!!

TeAnne
12-11-2003, 10:54 PM
OMG! What a cow!

Isn't there something in the emails to you from her that you could report her to ebay for. Hase she mentioned Neg. FB at all? If she dose report her for FB extortion. That is one NASTY b*tch.

Antoine
12-11-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by prtpix
She paid $3.00 to have a bra shipped to her and wrote Negative feedback to the seller for over charging shipping.
My gosh. that's harsh. Sure, It only cost about $1.50 to send a bra across the country. But, I would not complain about the shipping when it was so little. Not to mention that the shipping charge was clearly stated in the auction.
This person is really something.

LOL! Emagine! complaining about $1.50 shipping. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Blocking her might be the safest thing in the world of ebay.

prtpix
12-11-2003, 10:57 PM
Already got her block. ugggggggggghhhhhhh!!!!

Antoine
12-11-2003, 10:58 PM
I guess you can tell I all fired about about it.
All I can say now is:
I FEEL FOR YOU!!!!!

I am feeling so much better just talking to you all, thank-you-thanks.

Well, the way I see it is the worst that could happen is that I have to open a new ebay ID and start over...

TeAnne, no, she has not mentioned a Neg. FB yet.

prtpix
12-11-2003, 11:00 PM
Quick Quick
Here is the Ebay Block Bidder List (http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandsell/biddermanagement.html) Link.

dorith
12-11-2003, 11:01 PM
after reading the feedback she's been leaving for others, i think it rather safe to say: now matter what you do, she's going to bombard you with neg. feeback.

so if i were you, i'd just as soon tell her, to keep the pics, not ship them back, not refund the money, and let her deal with HER losses...
obviously, she's going to neg. feedback you anyway - you might as well give her a reason to...she obviously did not read the shipping cost line in your auction, which makes her at fault, especially since she didn't insure her purchase - it is hers after she has paid, right?
so what business of yours is it, when her chosen method of shipping ruins her purchase? if you had the drawings packaged well, which i am sure you did, then you should be in the clear.

maybe ask her, if she buys a windowpane at home depot, and it breaks on the way home in her trunk, would home depot refund it? probably not, right?

Antoine
12-11-2003, 11:08 PM
This ... what shall I call her.. ‘person’ have somehow escaped negatives herself... I wonder how. I already gave her 1 positive but have two left. To be nasty to someone who is nasty to me is not really my style... then again I’m really getting fired up here

Thanks Dorith! You are so, so 100% right. Her principals sucks. And I suppose I have to realize that no matter what I do I will not be able to please her.

I feel like giving it a last shot by being straight and asking her: ‘what de *** could I do so you would not leave me a neg?’

prtpix
12-11-2003, 11:14 PM
At this point. With her, It seems like the only hope you have.
Just ask?
If you did plan on refunding. Is it possible or against the rules to ask her to leave Positive feedback first?

Antoine
12-11-2003, 11:28 PM
In her last mail she said that I should pay the 'overcharged' shipping back as well as for her mats she needs to 'hide the damage'. I of course agreed and asked her to send me her requirements... waiting...

Before paying I would definitely ask her if this would satisfy her enough not to give me a neg.

By the way, while blocking her I accidentally lost the guy that left a neg for Rita and gave her so much troubles from my blocked list anyone have it?

TeAnne
12-12-2003, 04:33 AM
Don't let her dictate to you. She bid, she won, she paid. It's her fault that she didn't take insurance. Why should you have to pay for her mistake by paying the return post and/or refunding her. She will expect to get away with this attitude with everyone. When she negs you, don't be angry in your reply, be truthful and calm and peeps will see her for the un-reasonable cow she is.

((((HUGZ))))

matmad
12-12-2003, 04:34 AM
Hi Antoine,

This sounds like a nightmare for you, and that whatever you do , she will probably leave neg feedback. Therefore, I wouldn't bend over backwards for her, but prepare in advance a carefully worded response to her negative feedback. I wouldn't want to give her the satisfaction of wielding some kind of power over me, she probably enjoys the knowledge that these poor sellers are squirming.

I've had some buyers with negatives on their feedback in the past, but I always look at their responses, as well as the complaint. You can tell a lot from the response I think. Obviously, negative feedback as a new seller is worse than it is for a buyer, but I'm sure you will be able to recover from it. If it was me, I might try and get ebay to take a look at her own feedback record, and question her behaviour.

I was wondering - do you waterproof your drawings? I always seal mine inside a plastic bag before the final layer of wrapping. You never know if they are going to get caught in the rain at some point on their journey.

I do feel for you.

Julie

Antoine
12-12-2003, 07:28 AM
Thank you, Julie & TeAnne!

Her demands (or blackmail) currently is this:

”1. you will refund the overcharged shipping
2. you will refund a small part of my investment
That might be enough to buy new mats”

I’m waiting for her to state her prize. And if I accept that, I will first ask her if that would please her enough that I could keep my reputation and no neg.

I do realize that this will probably end up in a neg anyway. And you are right, I will calm down and do some thought before replying.

Julie, I mailed it in a tube and sealed both ends in a way that I’d say it’s 80% water proof. The tube is also very thick and that makes me very suspicious about her claims of damage.

deborahbart
12-12-2003, 08:11 AM
OMG! I am speechless...definitely going to block her too!

I agree with other posters that shipment is the sellers responsibility and therfore always include it in my P&H charge.

BUTTTT I would insist she returns it before making any refund. Then when she negged me I'd just leave the response: "Buyer was offered full refund but refused to return goods".

Good luck

Deb

Lady Rando
12-12-2003, 08:21 AM
Why is everyone so worried about neg. feedbacks? You do have the chance to respond to it. This fear of negs is what people like that use to blackmail us. I don't mean to be harsh but quit being afraid of neg feedbacks and tell that b***h to jump in a lake.

Antoine
12-12-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Lady Rando
quit being afraid of neg feedbacks and tell that b***h to jump in a lake.

LOL!!! :clap: :D

Salairawns
12-12-2003, 08:39 AM
Sorry to hear about this Antoine. I didn't think your shipping looked too bad. Also, I think insurance at the post office is $1.30 for the first $50.
Whatever your shipping and handling, and ebay does say'Shipping and *Handling*', try to itemize your costs for SH;

Something like this.
Price of -
actual shipping charge: 3.85 by Priority Mail
heavy bubble envelope: 1.30
packing material such as tissue paper, and stiff board: 1.00
tape, labels: .50
fuel to drive to the P.O.: .75 mileage may vary
cost of your time to deliver: .65/mile @ 2miles, based on taxi service rates
insurance: 1.30

Comes to about 10.00. And I only charge 6 to 7 dollars with insurance included in that price.
If she continues to be snotty, you could explain that to her and how she's getting a deal on shipping and HANDLING. But it sounds like it won't make a difference anyway.

If she leaves three negs, just be sure to answer each one a bit differently with your story.

example:
Shipping stated in auction, she bid anyway
Refused insurance, not responsible for art damaged in mail
Offered replace/refund, refused to return art for inspection

Or however you want to do it. It's up to you.

I blocked her too. Sorry you had to go through this so early. I've had buyer troubles early on too.
Good luck,
Celena

sceper
12-12-2003, 08:57 AM
I think you acted reasonably too, perhaps more so than most people would.
I currently deal with a customer who has the same approach: if you complain loudly and long some people will give you what you want just to avoid the negativism. And, it seems the people who pay the least, complain the most.

No one wants an unhappy customer, but what have you to gain by going any further? Judging by her comments on e-bay you won't gain favorable recommendations from her, since after reading what she has to say, I wouldn't give much credence to her opinion. You could win a repeat customer, but do you really want her to repeat this?

At this point you have already offered to replace one-of-a-kind works. And she won't even return them to show you that they were, in fact, damaged. I suspect what she calls 'damge' might be unnoticable by others.

You won't please her at this point. Your conscience should be clear by your offer and definitely by warning others of her.

kjsspot
12-12-2003, 09:27 AM
At this point, PLEASE! Completely refuse the refund stating that she did not purchase insurance so that was the risk she assumed. Her unreasonable requests and hostile attitude have negated any further communitcation. Block her from ebay. Block her email addy. And definately neg her. Here is what I would state with my remaining two negs.

Unreasonable demands. No Insurance purchased. Refused to return for refund.

Wants refund without return. Check her feedback left for others. Recommend Block

By caving to this kind of extortion you are just purpetuating her blackmail. Perhaps with a few negs, buyers will wait before posting a positive.

surreal
12-12-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by kjsspot
At this point, PLEASE! Completely refuse the refund stating that she did not purchase insurance so that was the risk she assumed. Her unreasonable requests and hostile attitude have negated any further communitcation. Block her from ebay. Block her email addy. And definately neg her. Here is what I would state with my remaining two negs.

Wants refund without return. Check her feedback left for others. Recommend Block

By caving to this kind of extortion you are just purpetuating her blackmail. Perhaps with a few negs, buyers will wait before posting a positive.

Kerry Jo makes excellent points!

Be sure to mention in one of your lines of neg feedback that:

"This buyer leaves much negative feedback for sellers."

surreal
12-12-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by kjsspot

Kerry Jo makes excellent points!

Be sure to mention in one of your lines of neg feedback that:

"This buyer leaves much negative feedback for sellers."

jolie
12-12-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Antoine
This ... what shall I call her.. ‘person’ have somehow escaped negatives herself... I wonder how. I already gave her 1 positive but have two left. To be nasty to someone who is nasty to me is not really my style... then again I’m really getting fired up here

I don't think telling the truth about her is being nasty...it's being honest. The feedback system is set up to allow both buyers and sellers to make informed decisions about who they do business with. While it's not a perfect system, it is our only opportunity to share our experiences with others and help them to avoid costly mistakes. Imagine how it might have helped you had you seen lots of negatives on her feedback regarding her continuing issues.

I haven't been selling on ebay long, only 10 paintings or so. After reading this forum over and over, I tried to make sure an head off any potential problems by being as clear as possible in my descriptions. I'm sure there's plenty I haven't thought of, but I did make sure to quote shipping as including packing, posting, and insurance. Hopefully, people interpret that as more than just a stamp.

If this customer won't send the paintings back, why does she not at least email you with photos of the damage? She has a history of complaining about terms she accepted by bidding on auctions and unreasonably trying to get something back from sellers. There is no reason to think that she is trying to be any less sneaky with you.

I agree with the others that she is likely to neg you no matter what. It's upsetting, but not the end of the world. I have bid on items before from sellers who have negative feedback. I am reasonable enough to realize that you can't please all of the people all of the time. How they respond to those claims and their overall history is what I base my decision on. I think most people are the same that way. I know you are new to ebay, but you do have several good comments already.

By the way, I also state in my description that I will post feedback at the end of the transaction. In my mind, that is when all money is collected, items shipped and received, and I am notified of buyer's satisfaction with the deal. If they haven't already posted feedback, I ask them to. The reason I do it this way is that I don't think the buyer's responsibility is over just because they pay. Being a good buyer is not only about paying your bill, but about having good communication, being reasonable, etc.

There is no way for you to know what sort of buyer they will be until the whole transaction is complete...yours is a perfect example. I don't care if this lady paid me twice as much I asked the split second an auction was over, because her communication skills and unreasonable demands make her an undesirable customer. Do yourself a favor (and other sellers who will read your comments) and not post feedback in the future until you are sure they meet all the requirements of being a desirable customer.

Someone mentioned contacting ebay about this customer. I thought it was a great idea. They may do absolutely nothing, but it can't hurt to try. I hope you save every single email about every single transaction, as it is essential to prove your experiences when difficulties arise.

By the way, I think your adopted attitude of just dealing with it and moving on is a good one. It will help you to get past this and not let it ruin your entire ebay experience. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Jolie

kiwicockatoo
12-12-2003, 10:04 AM
I think at this point, no matter what you do you will get a neg. This woman is just a quack. How would you feel if you bent over backwards to refund her and she still left you a neg?

You did nothing wrong - she did! You have to think businesslike here. She is being unreasonable.

I buy from people with negs all the time. Almost everyone has at least one neg. People understand that there are unreasonable, impossible to please buyers. If she leaves you a neg, leave a comment. Don't refund her - tell her to take the paintings and stuff them if she doesn't like them!

Don't give this lady the upperhand. She obviously doesn't understand the value of packing, handling ect. if she is freaking out over a buck or two added to the shipping. Like we're supposed to eat the costs for packing, transportation (I live in the country, and have to TRAVEL to get to a reasonable po) ect.
She is just a completely unreasonable person. She is causing you too much grief. Tell her no refund and walk away with a clear conscience. And then don't ship uninsured again. I have been but I won't in the future and if people don't like my shipping costs they don't have to bid. This thread has been a good wakeup call for me.

Take care!
Brenda

kjsspot
12-12-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by kiwicockatoo
And then don't ship uninsured again.

This bears repeating. I always figure insurance into my S&H. It is NOT an option.

prtpix
12-12-2003, 10:07 AM
I was really fired up last night and this girl really ticked me off the way she Leaves Negs about others for what they charge for shipping and turns around and charges the same price for shipping a similar items.

I had to find out what her explaination of the same so called crime would be.
I signed on E-Bay with another ID and aked her this question
--------------
Does it really cost $3.00 to ship a bra?
I would like to bid. but, Have to think about so much shipping cost.
Should only cost about 89 cents to ship.

She replayed this morning:
--------------------------------
Shipping is $2.50! It´s not only the shipping, it´s shipping and
handling!
Bianca

It is in her auction that she is charging $3.00 for shipping the bra.

I really think this person has a serious mental problem.

LOL Me too though for getting so upset about her.
I just hate people like this.

deborahbart
12-12-2003, 10:10 AM
By the way, I also state in my description that I will post feedback at the end of the transaction. In my mind, that is when all money is collected, items shipped and received, and I am notified of buyer's satisfaction with the deal. If they haven't already posted feedback, I ask them to. The reason I do it this way is that I don't think the buyer's responsibility is over just because they pay. Being a good buyer is not only about paying your bill, but about having good communication, being reasonable, etc.

Jolie...I just LOVE the way you think!

JoyJoyJoy
12-12-2003, 10:17 AM
Mariann... thanks for bidder block link... I blocked this yahoo immediately.

Antoine... I agree with those urging you to not give in to this "customer". I would refuse to deal with her further... it is her problem. She took responsibility for the condition of these artworks when she refused insurance. You are under NO obligation to pay for shipping, refund anything, or replace the works.

I would not worry about one negative feedback, in this case. I think that most eBay bidders are intelligent and worldly enough to know that even the best businesses have impossible customers who cannot be pleased. Her negative feedback reflects more on her, as a customer, than on you, as a business person. I would simply put a comment on her negative feedback about her history of leaving negative feedbacks... and that she is now blocked from bidding by many eBay artists. That would certainly answer any questions an inquisitive bidder might have.

I am so sorry you encountered such a person.

Nance

TeAnne
12-12-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by jolie

Jolie

I used to leave FB as soon as the funds cleared. Not anymore, because 75% of my buyers wern't bothering to email me to say the item arrived. I had to keep asking if they received. 20% didn't leave me any FB. So I didn't know if they received. So now, I say this.
Hello xxxx
This email is to confirm that I have posted your ebay purchase from Ellenbrook East PO WA @ 9:31AM 9/12/03. Rec# 01/47819 bbb/b. Insurance # RL 17920283
I hope the package arrives safely and soon. But "Please allow at least 10 days for delivery". Aust Post have their "Go Slow" moments.
Please email me when your item arrives so that I can leave you positive Feedback. Because that's when I consider the Auction final. I'm hoping that you will do the same for me when you get a spare minute.Thanks :) Here is the FB Link.
http://cgi2.ebay.com.au/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?GetAndShowTransactions&item=0&nflw=1&page=1
Thank you for buying from me. and if I have over quoted on postage, I add this in too
Also, I have re-imburst you $??.00 on the postage.

madmum
12-12-2003, 12:09 PM
Antoine, I'm so sorry you're going through this! The buyer sounds like a nightmare - I've added her to my blocked list too!

I'm with the rest who include insurance with shipping costs always.

Mariann LOL at you emailing her! How strange that she charges handling just like the poor woman she bought the bra from! :rolleyes: And did you notice that her feedback is almost perfect? She obviously waits for the positive to be left before doing her worst (seems in several cases the sellers were competition, too!)

As for reading feedback, I ALWAYS check to see the where the feedback came from and what sort of person they are before judging anyone :)

Ruth

deborahbart
12-12-2003, 12:17 PM
Te - love that email!

Just noticed you left a lovely message on my guestbook too thanks! :clap:

jocelynsart
12-12-2003, 12:52 PM
Antoine: If she read your shipping and she asked for no extra cost with insurance then really, she is in the wrong. She should not bid knowing the shipping cost and then turn around and whine. I bought something recently I knew did not cost near what the Seller was charging to ship, but I made my decision to buy it anyway. She was clear upfront about the shipping and why.
However, she seems to know what she is doing. Her demands are confident and she knows people will bow down to them to avoid Negs. Since she seems to wield Negs like a weapon, there seems little you can do except reciprocate with a professional Neg to her. I have seen people respond to their Negs, inviting potential bidders to email for explanation. You have that option if you want, if and when she negs. You can make others aware with Negs to her as well as your responses to her Negs.
It costs $1 extra to add insurance for over $100.00 here in Canada. it is worth it in my opinion. I waive expensive insurance and shipping only if I am willing to eat the costs as a buyer, if it is lost or damaged. However, she sems to know how to get free items and paintings with her tactics.
The best scenario would be to get the artwork back before giving any refunds. Most likely, they are not damaged.
You are dealign with someone who is probably not quite all there so it is a catch 22 situation.
I hope it works out for you if it has not already.
One good thing; we can all help each other know who to block when we go through an experience like this.
Joss

CathyD
12-12-2003, 02:53 PM
Ouch! I have read everyone's comments and this just seems to be a no win situation for you. You have run across an eBay Bully who takes advantage of people. Well all I can say is she can only take advantage of you if you let her!

I too would bow out of the deal now and let her keep the paintings since she assumed the risk by not buying insurance, she will probably neg you anyway. I agree completely with Kerry Jo's advice. If this lady had better ebay customer relations with her sellers, then I would consider trying to work it out with her. I have had a situation before where I had a return, the lady thought the acrylic painting was on canvas, but in the description it plainly stated it was on paper. She wanted to return it and get her refund before she did. I emailed her back and stated my terms which she abided by. She was a bit snappy in the beginning, but it worked out and I didn't get a neg. But she was not a vindictive type of person.

If you have read past threads in this forum when one of us have had to deal with especially nasty people , it seems that the outcome is always the same... if you bend over backwards, they always bite you anyway!

You don't have to be nasty yourself, just deal with it in a matter of fact business way. Be sure when you leave your feedback OR your response to her negative feedback (odds are you will get it anyway), write it like this...ThisBuyerLeavesMuchNegativeFeedbackHardToPlease...
Whatever your message may be you can get more in if you put the words together and begin each with caps. I think ebay doesn't give us enough room to express our feelings!;)
Best of luck, do what you think best.
Cathy

arlene
12-12-2003, 03:13 PM
I've just seen her feedback record. What could I do but try to please her?!?

I'd also block her as soon as we are finished with this transaction.

Some people :mad:

she's holding you hostage...write ebay here about it and do nothing till you hear from them. Also include info about the auctions she's already left negative feedback on.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/report_problem.html

choose:

Report Problems with Other Ebay Users>Feedback Concerns>Other transaction related feedback questions

arteitaliana
12-12-2003, 03:18 PM
I would neg her first!

"unreasonable and unfair person, uses negs as a bargaining tool"

R

arlene
12-12-2003, 03:20 PM
At this point. With her, It seems like the only hope you have.
Just ask?
If you did plan on refunding. Is it possible or against the rules to ask her to leave Positive feedback first?

it's against the rules to ask or use something as a weapon for feedback.

arlene
12-12-2003, 03:21 PM
In her last mail she said that I should pay the 'overcharged' shipping back as well as for her mats she needs to 'hide the damage'. I of course agreed and asked her to send me her requirements... waiting...

Before paying I would definitely ask her if this would satisfy her enough not to give me a neg.

By the way, while blocking her I accidentally lost the guy that left a neg for Rita and gave her so much troubles from my blocked list anyone have it?
wait a farkin moment! why in the world would you pay for her mats? that's just plain fraud, and i'd send ebay that note that she said that. That IS NOT in your auction and don't do it!

arlene
12-12-2003, 03:26 PM
Thank you, Julie & TeAnne!

I’m waiting for her to state her prize. And if I accept that, I will first ask her if that would please her enough that I could keep my reputation and no neg.

I do realize that this will probably end up in a neg anyway. And you are right, I will calm down and do some thought before replying.

Julie, I mailed it in a tube and sealed both ends in a way that I’d say it’s 80% water proof. The tube is also very thick and that makes me very suspicious about her claims of damage.

again i would write ebay about what she's writing...it's blackmail

prtpix
12-12-2003, 03:31 PM
Most likely, they are not damaged.
Even if she would agree to ship them back. She lacks any kind of honor or morals, what's to keep her from ruining the paintings herself and returning them like that. I would just forget about her and move on.

arlene
12-12-2003, 03:35 PM
I was really fired up last night and this girl really ticked me off the way she Leaves Negs about others for what they charge for shipping and turns around and charges the same price for shipping a similar items.

I had to find out what her explaination of the same so called crime would be.
I signed on E-Bay with another ID and aked her this question
--------------
Does it really cost $3.00 to ship a bra?
I would like to bid. but, Have to think about so much shipping cost.
Should only cost about 89 cents to ship.

She replayed this morning:
--------------------------------
Shipping is $2.50! It´s not only the shipping, it´s shipping and
handling!
Bianca

It is in her auction that she is charging $3.00 for shipping the bra.

I really think this person has a serious mental problem.

LOL Me too though for getting so upset about her.
I just hate people like this.

Marianne, now i'd write her back and ask her why then did she leave negative feedback for someone who sold her a bra and charged $3. shipping...and give her the link :evil:

busy91
12-12-2003, 03:40 PM
That is what insurance is for. It really isn't that much to insure a package. I wouldn't refund any fee to her. I'm sorry she is being difficult.

Antoine
12-12-2003, 04:25 PM
Everyone here have been extremely kind to me and helped a great deal to make this easier to handle. That I appreciate very much. Also you gave me some really awesome advice! :)

I recently had an experience with a company where I had to return goods and had to pay for the return shipping. When they recieved it they refunded me with the cost of the goods. In my book that’s fair and I will always recommend this company to anyone! Now I am realizing again that there is people out there that is not like me. I did realize that there might be someone out there being difficult and although my terms didn’t state it I would always have been willing to refund someone who was sincerely unhappy with my work.

Since these were very simplistic drawings I first offered replacement (not hard to do again) but I stated that since all my work must be original, I want the old ones back and will destroy them. If she wanted a refund I might have given her it -I know it would have been wrong, but to always try and keep the piece is part of who I am. (before I knew her history – not now!!!) I have had some difficult clients before, but as long as you could reason with a ‘normal’ person you could always work something out.

At this point there is absolutely nothing that would give me more satisfaction then to go and neg her and I feel she deserve a ton of those. But… she have not replied to my last mail I sent last night when I straight forward asked “state your exact requirements” I will wait to see what she say.

One very important thing I’ve been thinking about: why doesn’t she have any negs!?!?!?!?!?! Answer: She have up till now not given anyone a neg till they left her feedback first. She is also a seller and it could harm her too! I think I will nicely hang on to the two opportunities I have to still give her feedback. I’ve gotten some nice advice on how leave them when I do…

Arlene, I will look into the link you gave me, I am keeping all correspondence and planed on looking into what my options are, Thanks.

Tamara, you are right, Negs are not the end of the world, but oh, man… I’ve always gone to great lengths to keep my reputation. If it’s not to be avoided, so be it.

Mariann, thanks for being ‘fired up’ with me last night –it really helped. And oh… what would I have done without clever friends like you who goes and check people’s feedback for others… I would never have known if it wasn’t for you and I would probably have burnt my fingers bad. Also, I'm really bugged with how on earth you knew it was her before I said so.

Dorith, I really thought about your first bad client that called your art a "piece of crap" – I am so so glad you didn’t stop creating your awesome fantacy figures because of that. If you could have gotten over that, so could I!

Salairawns, Jolie… your advise will be remembered.

I will keep you up to date with what happens.

prtpix
12-12-2003, 04:30 PM
I replyed to her response with this message.
--------------------------
It says in the auction $3.00 shipping.
You left a complaint a while back for a seller selling a bra and complained that $3.00 was too much to charge for shipping. Why would you charge the same price to ship a similar item and then complain about the same thing you are doing.
Don't you think that people look at the feed back you leave for others?
Your complaints are rediculous.
I will not be purchasing from you.
I might get a negative feedback for no reason at all.
Consider being a fair E-Bay member from now on.

I know it probably won't matter to her.
But, At least she will know some people are watching her.
I just wish there was away to warn all of her future victims.
I'm not getting into that. I think E-Bay would definately have a problem with that.

prtpix
12-12-2003, 04:43 PM
I'm really bugged with how on earth you knew it was her before I said so.
I didn't know it was her until you confirmed it for me.
Your story got me ticked off at the person even before I knew the whole story.
So, I did some research and looked up all of the auctions you had on E-Bay for the past 30 days. And then I looked for someone that purchased 3 paintings as you said earlier she had purchased 3.

LOL,
I am a nosie sort.

I just had to find out who was being so demanding and pushy.
Those demands just really rubbed me the wrong way.

arlene
12-12-2003, 05:05 PM
good going marianne! hehehe...i had thought of asking her too, but since i don't have two accounts i had thought better of it...

you know you have 90 days from the end of the auction to leave feedback...wait till the last day to leave it...and preferrably the last couple of hours.

vklum
12-12-2003, 05:11 PM
Well, I pity the poor folks who work in retail in that person's neighbourhood! :( If she's like this with her online business dealings, I can't imagine what she puts those poor people through.

Antoine, definitely do NOT back down to her! If she opted out of insuring her package then she has to deal with the consequences. And where does she get off asking for ANY money back without returning the merchandise? Feh!

Leave her to her own misery...don't let her misery become yours.

arteitaliana
12-12-2003, 05:23 PM
you know you have 90 days from the end of the auction to leave feedback...wait till the last day to leave it...and preferrably the last couple of hours.

careful here...I have read in an ebay forum that you can now leave feedback on transactions that ended more than 90 days before.

R

Antoine
12-12-2003, 05:27 PM
I replyed to her response with this message.
--------------------------
It says in the auction $3.00 shipping.
You left a complaint a while back for a seller selling a bra and complained that $3.00 was too much to charge for shipping. Why would you charge the same price to ship a similar item and then complain about the same thing you are doing.
Don't you think that people look at the feed back you leave for others?
Your complaints are rediculous.
I will not be purchasing from you.
I might get a negative feedback for no reason at all.
Consider being a fair E-Bay member from now on.

You are the best! This is brilliant!!!

This is what I think of someone that behaves like this client does:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Dec-2003/20995-bart.gif

CathyD
12-12-2003, 05:44 PM

I had a friend who had a bad transaction, and he waited until a little while before the 90 days were up to leave the negative feedback, and Wham! he was slammed with one a few days later. So like Rita says, don't count on that.
Cathy

surreal
12-12-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Rita Monaco

careful here...I have read in an ebay forum that you can now leave feedback on transactions that ended more than 90 days before.

R

I read the same thing that Rita read plus the fact that buyers can leave feedback for sellers after the 90 day period, too!

Paintbrush74
12-14-2003, 02:59 PM
Well Antoine, after reading this horror story, I (like the others) feel an anger toward this woman. If it's any consolation, she'll probably be experiencing uhh... mental block in the near future. There's no telling how many people have now blocked her. She's on my list.

Lady Rando
12-14-2003, 05:42 PM
I put her on my list also. I don't want to deal with someone I already know causes problems.

M.A.
12-14-2003, 05:44 PM
I'm not even selling anything at this time and I've banned her too LOL. She is quite a piece of work, that one.

surreal
12-14-2003, 05:51 PM
I blocked her also.

Laura Tasheiko
12-14-2003, 06:19 PM
Definately blocked this sociopath, too. It's hard enough without people like her. L

meriadoc
12-14-2003, 06:37 PM
she's on my blocked bidder list too - i dont' want anything to do with her

dorith
12-14-2003, 09:41 PM
looks like she's going to have to look harder in the future to find someone that will want to deal with her...i've blocked her, too....

Ivyleaf
12-14-2003, 09:44 PM
I certainly don't want to do business with anyone like her.

Yup, she's on my list too.

Thanks for the alert and I'm so sorry that she's putting you thru this!

Ivy

TeAnne
12-14-2003, 10:26 PM
Have you heard back from this cow yet? Like I said before, I reckon she is pulling your leg!
At this point there is absolutely nothing that would give me more satisfaction then to go and neg her and I feel she deserve a ton of those. But… she have not replied to my last mail I sent last night when I straight forward asked “state your exact requirements” I will wait to see what she say.

I will keep you up to date with what happens.

ElizaLeahy
12-14-2003, 10:37 PM

Thanks Dorith! You are so, so 100% right. Her principals sucks. And I suppose I have to realize that no matter what I do I will not be able to please her.

I feel like giving it a last shot by being straight and asking her: ‘what de *** could I do so you would not leave me a neg?’

I think you need to be honest in your feedback to warn others

I wrote to her. I read what she wrote in others feedback and I couldn't believe anyone would be so stupid.

I was just looking at the feedback that you leave for people. Are you sure you understand that postage also includes whatever is needed to wrap something up as well? I mean, to complain about shipping once or twice is one thing, but you seem to do it so often it is really making you look a little silly. After all, the shipping price IS included in the auction, you do know what you are going to pay before you bid. Why bid if you disagree? People look at the feedback that you leave others, as well as your own feedback, and then they don't want to do any business with you. I know that I don't, which is why I have you blocked.

PS. I just noticed that your postage on a bra is exactly the same as one that you gave negative feedback on. Can we spell "hypocrite"?

TeAnne
12-15-2003, 02:20 AM
heheheh Goodonya E :clap: :clap: :clap:

TeAnne
12-15-2003, 07:09 AM
Look what I found!
$10 for these boots. She has to be kidding. She negged another person for charging $6.95!!!!!!!!!!!
on my blocked bidders list.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=45327&item=2876732136

prtpix
12-15-2003, 07:45 AM
She never replyed to the message I sent telling her to be a fair E-Bay member from now on.

kjsspot
12-15-2003, 08:51 AM
Geez, I sure with I didn't care about my eBay account. Man would I love to "purchase" a few things from her! :evil:

Antoine
12-15-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by ElizaLeahy

I wrote to her. I read what she wrote in others feedback and I couldn't believe anyone would be so stupid.

I was just looking at the feedback that you leave for people. Are you sure you understand that postage also includes whatever is needed to wrap something up as well? I mean, to complain about shipping once or twice is one thing, but you seem to do it so often it is really making you look a little silly. After all, the shipping price IS included in the auction, you do know what you are going to pay before you bid. Why bid if you disagree? People look at the feedback that you leave others, as well as your own feedback, and then they don't want to do any business with you. I know that I don't, which is why I have you blocked.

PS. I just noticed that your postage on a bra is exactly the same as one that you gave negative feedback on. Can we spell "hypocrite"?

LOL :clap: LOL !!!

I don't know if she sensed that I was more firm or if its Mariann’s letter or Eliza’s, but this woman is as quiet as a doorknob.

One thing I found interesting is the 1 neutral that was left for her. Her client’s reason for the Neutral was: “Item sent to wrong zip (confirmed address w/seller) took a while to receive” – a valid reason for a neutral I think. In response to this, she immediately slapped a big red ‘complaint’ over her clients name saying: “if that´s really a reason for neutral fb - i give you a negativ!”

I have just noticed that she left two more negatives only yesterday… it seems she is to busy throwing more mud over other people’s names at the moment to deal with me. Again both these people already left positive feedbacks for her (I checked!) and could do little in their defense. (Oh, am I clad I have some more guns…err, I mean feedbacks I could leave her and I’m sticking to them)

It’s been mentioned that she is leaving negs for others that sells bras while selling bras herself, with other words she’s throwing mud over her competition. Now I wonder is it a coincidence that she only yesterday left a neg for someone else who sells boots while she is selling boots herself?

kjsspot
12-15-2003, 09:57 AM
arrgggghhhhh!! I wanna neg her soooo bad!!!! If ANYONE negs her be sure to direct people to the feedback she leaves for others.

JoyJoyJoy
12-15-2003, 10:42 AM
I just looked into eBay's policies about feedback abuse at http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/fdbk-feedback-abuse.html

There is this line about extortion... and isn't this extortion?

"Feedback Extortion - Demanding action that is not required of another user at the threat of leaving negative feedback. "

The customer is trying to get Antoine to do actions (paying both return shipping money and money for that "necessary" mat) outside of the eBay auction contract by threatening negative feedback. Ebmob1 may not have actually said such words (to leave neg feedback) in her emails, but it is seriously implyed by the fact that she habitually leaves negatives about every penny of "unnecessary" shipping costs to her. Right now, Antoine is certainly being held hostage... trying to figure out a way to get out of receiving that eventual, unavoidable negative.

Just wondering if this can be reported to eBay as extortion. And, is there someway we might all complain to eBay, even though we are not involved in transactions with ebmob1? (I was lucky... she did not win one of my auctions she bid on!)

Nance

prtpix
12-15-2003, 10:52 AM
OK I am really ticked again about this person still leaving negs for these poor people.
Would E-Bay have a problem with us just writing to her current bidders to inform them of this stuff she is doing so that they might be a little more cautious about leaving her feedback?

I have not done so yet.
But,
I would be willing to write some of the people who are bidding right now and tell them to be very careful.
What do you all think?

I know we are not the E-Bay Police. But, I feel so bad for her victims and feel they should be warned.

Another thing, I do have an OLD OLD ANCIENT E-Bay ID that I no longer use, Maybe only just to make purchases for things that my kids want to bid on. I have over 400 positive feedbacks and about 3 or 4 negs from jerk a#$$'s like this.
I am so so tempted to bid and leave her negs. but, I'm afaid that since I have all of my E-Bay accounts attatched to my same postal address and my own personal name. E-Bay might get mad and gather up all of my ID's together and suspend them all.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

kjsspot
12-15-2003, 11:10 AM
Marianne, that would be considered auction interferance. I know how you feel. I can't risk having it linked to my active IDs. :::pout:::

It is feedback extortion, but who knows how ebay would respond. The OP would have to report it to ebay though. Just wish she had a neg to direct buyers to her feedback tendancies.

Oh, and Marianne, we ARE the ebay police. That's how ebay is policed, by people watching out for violations. They rely on us to police the site. They do not do it themselves. I don't report much to ebay simply due to lack of time and interest. LoL There are sellers who actively police the auctions and try to shut down competitors. Some can get quite cut throat. Tis the price for ebay not having their own monitors and relying on us instead. Bah.

Antoine
12-15-2003, 11:16 AM
Kjsspot, I’m also using quite a lot of self control not to just go and neg her, but the right time might come. I’ve also been tempted to use another ID to give her some of what she deserves… but I’m not lowering myself to her ways -just yet! ;)

To warn her current bidders in my view, would be a very nice thing to do, but ebay would definitely not approve. I really do not want anyone here to risk their own ebay id or status on this *#*&%!

‘Give someone enough rope and they’ll hang themselves’ I’ve been reading ebay’s policies and the fact that she have not directly threatened with a neg yet makes it a little difficult. Our transaction is long not over and looking at this woman’s habits, she sometimes keeps grudges for long before reacting. I’m also considering other options. If I look at the long list of people she have complained about, she have created quite a few enemies. Perhaps it would be an idea to write a petition with all her previous business partners' (the ones she left negatives for) signatures and everyone at WC who would like to. One could send it to ebay and see if we could get there attention that way.

prtpix
12-15-2003, 11:26 AM
I wouldn't mind bidding on somethings and leaving her some negs with my other ID. Except. I don't feel comfortable bidding on something that I don't really want. I don't have money to pay for any of her stuff and I would definately be just as bad as her if I bid with no intention to pay.

----------------------------------------------------
It's a catch 22. Just a shame.

kjsspot
12-15-2003, 11:35 AM
This person deserves a negative, but I don't know if I
want to ruin my 100% to protect other buyers.

Seems to be a common flaw in our feedback system. :(

prtpix
12-15-2003, 11:58 AM
I wrote the following message in the E-Bay Feedback Community Forum. Maybe someone there will be able to help.
-------------------------------
I have not dealt with this person myself.
But, A person I know has been a victim.

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedbackMemberLeft&memberId=ebmob1&items=25

As you can see she leaves negs for people for shipping charges and then turns around and sells similar things with the same shipping charges.
I beleive she is trying to slam her competition by purchasing things from them and then leaving negs.
Check it out.
Can anything be done about this person?

----------------------------
So far I have recieved one reply of No.

prtpix
12-15-2003, 01:26 PM
Oooo Oooo,
Caught her in a technicality,
She says these jeans have a 16 inch waist.
I am really hoping to get back into a size 7/8 but, I really don't think that my waist will be anywhere near 16 inchs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11554&item=2877052825

dorith
12-15-2003, 03:46 PM
if i had the money at this point, i'd probably buy those jeans, and then slam her with neg feedback for the wrong description...but then again - who wants to be on her level anyway?:rolleyes:

arlene
12-15-2003, 04:05 PM
i still think she's holding you hostage antoine and anyway she's asking and demanding that the terms of the auction be altered to suit her, based on her expecting you to pay for matting.

that is against policy. you have offered to take back the merchandise and ebay will see that is fair.

ElizaLeahy
12-15-2003, 05:17 PM
Do this immediately.

Go to safe harbour.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/results.html?tier0=report_problem.html&tier1=5&tier2=8&continueButton=Continue+%3E&contactUsJSFilename=report_problem.js&contactTitle=Report+problems+with+other+eBay+members

Put in your item number and tell them what she is doing. Tell them she didn't take out insurance and is now demanding that you refund without her returning etc.

This way she may well be removed from ebay before she leaves you (or anyone else) more bad feedback. Even if she manages to leave it, you might then be able to have it removed.

I've just put in a report about what she is doing to people via feedback.

prtpix
12-15-2003, 05:23 PM
OK,, It's time for me to get a life now.
But, I'm a little ticked off again because the message that I left on the E-Bay Feedback Discussion Forum is gone.
Why on earth would they remove it.
If someone else sees it let me know.
The heading was:
Continual Unreasonal Feedback

ElizaLeahy
12-15-2003, 05:24 PM
Oh, I also contacted the people she left negs for and suggested that they do the same thing. That is, until I reached my daily limit, so , first page and a half of negs. Boy she leaves a lot of negs!

ElizaLeahy
12-15-2003, 05:36 PM
OK,, It's time for me to get a life now.
But, I'm a little ticked off again because the message that I left on the E-Bay Feedback Discussion Forum is gone.
Why on earth would they remove it.
If someone else sees it let me know.
The heading was:
Continual Unreasonal Feedback

I think that it's probably because one of the rules of the forums is that no one is suppose to slander anyone or incense anyone to flame.

prtpix
12-15-2003, 05:58 PM
I'm done with the whole thing. E-Bay doesn't care that people use the feedback system in this way. There is nothing I can do about it anymore. I have to think about something else so I don't have to be so mad anymore about it.

jolie
12-15-2003, 06:22 PM

Perhaps you should be as straight with her as possible, and hopefully, she will hang herself by doing the same in return. She might actually push you farther with an actual threat, rather than the implied one above. For example:

" Dear X,

My customer's satisfaction is very important to me, which is why I am being flexible by offering you a replacement of your damaged drawings. I do offer insurance, which you opted not to take, therefore this is a gesture of good will on my part. While I am willing to replace the drawings with something similar, I must insist on receiving the original 3 back first and that you pay for shipping.

To offer you more simply wouldn't be good business practice. By asking me to pay for return shipping of the pieces you currently have, shipping on the new pieces, and refund part of what you paid, as well as creating 3 new pieces you are basically asking ME to pay YOU to take my work. I have to ask, as a seller would you ever consider that deal?

In addition, you have stated that I have overcharged shipping. I calculate shipping based on what it costs not just to ship, but to pay for cost of supplies and my time. I'm sure you do the same when you sell and I feel it's completely reasonable. However, if you disagree, you were within perfect rights not to bid. As shipping costs were clearly stated in the auction, it is a binding agreement, which you willingly paid.

By being straight with you and explaining things from my perspective, I hope that you can understand why your suggestion will not work. I do want to resolve this issue with you in a way that we will both come out happy. I must respectfully refuse your terms, but will still offer you replacement pieces of a similar nature if return the originals to me within 7 days. I will ship the new pieces by insured post only, which will be $X. If this is unacceptable to you, I will offer you a refund, once you return the original pieces to me, again within 7 days."

My thought is that with a letter like this you are still being professional and honest, despite being annoyed and frustrated beyond belief with this lady. Hopefully, she will either accept one of the offers, walk away, or at least be clearer on her blackmail demands so that you can forward it to eBay. I do think it's necessary to take the high road here and do your best to work with her, while still pursuing help from eBay. When the dust settles, you will at worst have a negative from a lady that people can see is habitual about leaving them, while she will eventually end up kicked off of eBay or with nobody to do business with.

Jolie

Antoine
12-15-2003, 06:44 PM
I wrote to ebay’s “Feedback Extortion” Customer Support stating my case. Lets see what they say…

Jolie, I like your professional style and think this is a good idea. At this moment she have not yet stated exactly what she wants and I have been thinking about contacting her to finalize this. I will soon be leaving the country for a while (this person knows this) and therefore if she doesn’t react soon I will not be able to do anything ‘till my return.

I will give ebay some time to respond and then I’ll have to put on my gloves and tackle her. (You wouldn’t mind if I use some of your letter?)

jolie
12-15-2003, 07:03 PM
I will give ebay some time to respond and then I’ll have to put on my gloves and tackle her. (You wouldn’t mind if I use some of your letter?)

I hope ebay gives the same weight and importance to the implied threat as they would to "give me what I want or I'll neg you." Unfortunately, I think most jerks are too smart to come right out and say it. I hope ebay realizes this. By all means, feel free to use any part or all of the letter if you feel it helps. I'm really hoping she IS dumb enough to just come right out and mention a neg to you. Certainly, her actions on ebay so far haven't been the smartest, as she has managed to alienate a lot of people! You're continued calmness and professionalism might tick her off enough to screw up! LOL

Jolie

Wayne Gaudon
12-15-2003, 08:17 PM
Wow .. that's one I never want to see on my auctions and won't thanks to this thread.

ElizaLeahy
12-15-2003, 10:34 PM
I know that one of the people I wrote to has also sent in a complaint - so that makes 4 I think, possibly more.

Kathryn Wilson
12-15-2003, 10:50 PM
Antoinne, sorry you are having to deal with this person. It's obvious there is a pattern here and I would not be surprised that those paintings are not damaged. If she doesn't return them, no refund pure and simple.

You are doing the right thing - go through the Ebay channels and see what happens, but handle it all in a professional manner.

Do not leave her feedback - if you don't, I don't think she will respond with feedback fearing a neg from you.

As far has having a neg removed, it takes God and 3 angels to have that happen - it won't - so don't count on it. There is so much feedback fraud going on and Ebay is doing nothing about it.

Good luck and don't back down unless she returns the paintings.

ElizaLeahy
12-16-2003, 01:49 AM
This is from one of the people who she left neg feedback for. This is my third email with this person - they are as upset as we are.

OH WOW! that's definitely against the ebay rules (probably already read this, but... i was just reading it so.. http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html).

of course, unless she can offer proof that the painting is damaged, then there's no reason that he should have to deal w/ it at all-especially if she refused insurance on the painting! i'd even go so far as to ask her to ship back the painting and then refund her money (less shipping costs) if it really is damaged...but, even that would be going the extra, unnecessary mile! if she's not willing to comply with any of those options as you mentioned, she's a liar (as as already been established anyway). stinks. i'm sure that i'm preaching to the choir here, though! :)

i was just looking at some of the things she's selling and the things she's won-there are many things the same (including the jeans i sold her that she turned around and sold w/ a lower shipping price only AFTER i emailed her about 5 times about them...).

i just filed a report with ebay/safeharbor listing as much detailed info as i could, so hopefully something will come of it. i'll certainly let you know what comes of it and would appreciate the same if/when you or your friend hear anything. if i don't hear from ebay in a few days (they're typically very good about responding) or don't get the respons i would like, i'll send them another report and see what happens......

yuck. people like her really make the whole ebay experience not a very good time! i know that we never really know who we're dealing with and can't exactly control too often who bids on our auctions; however, it would certainly be nice to know we as sellers are protected somehow!!! hopefully safeharbor will work in this situation!!!!!!!!!!

TeAnne
12-16-2003, 05:39 AM
I was going to email her from my other ID but then I realized it's related to my local/private mail. :(
I'm not going to play around with my selling ID.

Sorry. I do hope the bit*h gets what she deserves.

Antoine
12-16-2003, 09:20 AM
Thanks Eliza for all your mails to these people, it was really nice to read this persons mail and to know that we are a few people writing to ebay makes things so, so much stronger. (please keep me up to date with there responses) All the tons of help I am getting here are very much appreciated!!!

Right know my hands are shaking as I am writing this. I do not know if it is excitement or fury or a little of both.

Since I was the last one to mail her (when I asked for her exact demands) I really felt like just keeping quiet ‘till she responds and hoping she'll disappear … :p

Well, when I read Jolie’s idea of a letter last night it got me thinking. I really like to resolve things and am leaving on holiday in 7 days. So I wrote this woman a very similar letter. Oh, lets post it here:

Dear Bianca,

My customer's satisfaction is very important to me, which is why I am being flexible by offering you a replacement of your damaged drawings. I do offer insurance, which you opted not to take, therefore this is a gesture of goodwill. While I am willing to replace the drawings with something similar, I must insist on receiving the originals back within the next 5 days.

In addition, you have stated that I have overcharged shipping. I calculate shipping based on what it costs not just to ship, but to pay for cost of supplies and my time. I'm sure you do the same when you sell and I feel it's completely reasonable. However, if you disagree, you were within perfect rights not to bid. As shipping costs were clearly stated in the auction, it is a binding agreement, which you willingly paid.

If this is unacceptable to you, I will offer you a refund (minus all shipping and handling costs), once you return the original pieces to me in a reasonable condition, again within 5 days of today’s date. I do want to resolve this issue with you in a way that we will both come out happy.

Should I not receive them back within the stated time period, I will consider this transaction complete.

Best wishes,
Antoine

Do you remember my statement “Give someone enough rope and they’ll hang themselves”

This is her response:

I sent my deal to you a few days ago! Let me know if you agree with it
or not!
I do not send the drawings back! If I would do that I have costs
(shipping!) and I do not have anything for that! these were actually
christmas gifts,.... Shipping $2.20 and over $7 for handling? Do you
pack with georg w. bush?
Please let me know, I do not have any time for those things and
if you do not make a real offer I have to leave neg. feedback! Sorry, bianca

I think I’ll go and make myself a strong cup of coffee before contacting ebay again… ;)

TeAnne
12-16-2003, 09:30 AM
I sent my deal to you a few days ago! Let me know if you agree with it
or not!
I do not send the drawings back! If I would do that I have costs
(shipping!) and I do not have anything for that! these were actually
christmas gifts,.... Shipping $2.20 and over $7 for handling? Do you
pack with georg w. bush?
Please let me know, I do not have any time for those things and
if you do not make a real offer I have to leave neg. feedback! Sorry, bianca

I think I’ll go and make myself a strong cup of coffee before contacting ebay again… ;)

heheheheheh YES! Now you have her by the short & curlies..........WELL DONE! That has made my night. lol :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gee, she is leaving a lot of pos. too lol
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedbackMemberLeft&memberId=ebmob1&items=25

deborahbart
12-16-2003, 09:42 AM
Hip Hip Hooray - jumping up and down with joy - go get her!!!!!

I really hope ebay takes action now! *crossing everything* Well done guys!!

meriadoc
12-16-2003, 09:50 AM
yay!!!!!! good luck with it and tell us how it went!

prtpix
12-16-2003, 11:23 AM
Gee, she is leaving a lot of pos. too lol

She is just tryiing to make things look better.
If you notice. she is burrying the negs she has been leaving so that they are not on the first page anymore.

Antoine
12-16-2003, 12:15 PM
Kat, thanks. I totally agree with you. I very strongly doubt any damages. The way they were packed they might not have survived a soak in the tub, but a little while in average rain would not have gotten to them… her grudge is not about that.

I have always been professional towards her and will remain so. Her demands to keep it and get a partial refund will under no circumstances (or threats) be accepted.

She is clever to suddenly try and hide all the negs she has been leaving with filling up her first page with positives, but not clever enough to know that trying to blackmail me with a neg is not a good idea…

kjsspot
12-16-2003, 12:46 PM
Alright! You got her! Now file the feedback extortion report with ebay!

Atrsy
12-16-2003, 01:16 PM
Many stores will give you a refund, but will charge 20% restocking fee.

I would just take the negative response and be finished with her. If she continues to get away with this, she will just keep doing it. Why should you have to pay for it to be returned? More than likely, it won't arrive in the same condition you sent it anyway and you will have lost it totally.

Atrsy

Lady Rando
12-16-2003, 01:24 PM
YIPEEEEE!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Go get her!!!

It makes me so proud to be part of a group that helps each other out like this. All of you are a great bunch of people that I happily call friends.

jolie
12-16-2003, 03:13 PM
Ha! I had a feeling this lady would eventually come right out and threaten you. LOL People who are trying to push the reaction they want out of someone by being ugly and aggressive have a way of getting really ticked off when they see you stay calm and professional. They see it as ignoring their implied threat and have to come right out and make their threats clear. I'm glad you have handled it so well and got the ammo you need for a complaint to eBay. Well done, Antoine!

If this isn't resolved prior to your holiday, I would still hang on to those 2 feedbacks you have to give and not hand out negs until you know if she might get in trouble from ebay. If you neg her now, she'll probably neg you back right away, as she has nothing to lose. However, she may not leave feedback for you while she still feels she can hang it over your head as a negotiating chip. That will hopefully be enough time for ebay to review all the recent complaints about her and ban her (WE HOPE!). No matter what comes out of it, I'll think you'll come out a winner and should enjoy your holiday with no worries. Don't let one stinker ruin it for you.

Jolie

dorith
12-16-2003, 03:26 PM
hi antoine,

wow - who would have thought that she'd actually dig her own ebay grave...
reading through her feedback, i saw that she seems to be at least german speaking, if not a german national.... i'm german myself (well, basically - lived there as a german for 24 years) and not to sound discriminating or anything, but a lot of german people are pushy like that, when it comes to business deals in the private business arena.
that's the main reason i don't every sell anything on ebay.germany, because a lot of times people think that it's "just a game" and "they'll never find me anyway" - there are quite a bit more problems on the german ebay, than on the u.s. site....
another quite frequent trait of some german nationals is the "you are wrong, i am right" stance - i don't know why, but it is very common for people to come right out and tell you in your face, why you are wrong, and they are superior...
and after reading her answer to you, i'm pretty sure that she is german...
(this is not meant as an attack on germans in general - just an observation i've made over the years...)

your letter was very professional sounding - good job!
i do hope they will ban her...people like that give me the willies...:mad:

arlene
12-16-2003, 03:30 PM
Thanks Eliza for all your mails to these people, it was really nice to read this persons mail and to know that we are a few people writing to ebay makes things so, so much stronger. (please keep me up to date with there responses) All the tons of help I am getting here are very much appreciated!!!

Right know my hands are shaking as I am writing this. I do not know if it is excitement or fury or a little of both.

Since I was the last one to mail her (when I asked for her exact demands) I really felt like just keeping quiet ‘till she responds and hoping she'll disappear … :p

Well, when I read Jolie’s idea of a letter last night it got me thinking. I really like to resolve things and am leaving on holiday in 7 days. So I wrote this woman a very similar letter. Oh, lets post it here:

woo hoo...i wonder how she's going to feel hanging in the wind? blatent i'd say!!!

ElizaLeahy
12-16-2003, 04:17 PM
I've heard back from 5 of the people I emailed. Only one said she didn't think it was worth the time complaining to ebay. So the other 4 have, and maybe more. Then there are those of us here who complained.

Antoine
12-16-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Lady Rando
It makes me so proud to be part of a group that helps each other out like this. All of you are a great bunch of people that I happily call friends.
That makes 2 of us.

Dorith, when I was sending out a mail to al my clients saying I'm leaving for Europe soon, this woman told me she was German. I have also noted the feedbacks you refer to. That just showed me she have no sense of loyalty what so ever!! I can never imagine myself leaving a negative for anyone who have already left me a positive... never mind someone from my land of birth!

Jolie, thanks. 'They see it as ignoring their implied threat and have to come right out' is very accurate. Well, it worked well in this case. Ho-Hoo!!!

I have sent ebay her mail and the detail of this case this morning and I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed. Eliza, that will help a great, great deal!!!

vklum
12-16-2003, 05:25 PM
Yeesh! What a nasty, miserable woman!

Jolie, that was a beautifully worded letter...I'm going to file that in the back of my mind for future reference!

Antoine, good for you sending that letter! You've shown yourself to be very professional and business-like and this nasty, miserable woman has displayed her true colours! If the drawings are damaged, why would she want to keep them?

I don't care what her nationality is, her conduct is completely unacceptable. I hope eBay cans her @$$!

And I want to echo the sentiments that WetCanvas! is a wonderful community. We really stand up for our own, don't we?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

TeAnne
12-16-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by vklum
Yeesh! What a nasty, miserable woman!

Jolie, that was a beautifully worded letter...I'm going to file that in the back of my mind for future reference!

Antoine, good for you sending that letter! You've shown yourself to be very professional and business-like and this nasty, miserable woman has displayed her true colours! If the drawings are damaged, why would she want to keep them?

I don't care what her nationality is, her conduct is completely unacceptable. I hope eBay cans her @$$!

And I want to echo the sentiments that WetCanvas! is a wonderful community. We really stand up for our own, don't we?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ditto.
Good luck with ebay Antoine

CopperTop
12-17-2003, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the heads-up on this eBay loser. She is now on my blocked bidder list too.

It's interesting about the German connection... the only person who ever claimed "shipping damage" on one of my auctions was in Germany but refused to return the item so that I could refund them. My gut feeling at the time was that they were trying to scam me. (It was a different bidder, not the same one as Antoine is dealing with.) Once I laid out my terms for a refund, they didn't email me again nor did they return the item. They became "NARU" on eBay shortly after that, before they ever left me feedback. I had left them a positive right after they paid.

jamilyn
12-17-2003, 05:56 PM
I've sold on ebay for 5 1/2 years and I'll never stop being amazed at the gall some people have. I agree completely with the advice to refuse a refund and just respond calmly and factually to her feedback. In fact, you could leave her negative feedback *first* so it doesn't look retaliatory. After all shes already caused problems. You could try saying that she needs to leave +fb before you refund but that puts *you* into the feedback extortion category and I don't think you want that.
best of luck!
jamilyn

arlene
12-17-2003, 08:39 PM
in defense of germans...my one customer who bought one of my paintings for BIN (8 x 10 for $145) was German and paid up as soon as I gave her shipping price...which was high, and then left me wonderful feedback.

giapet
12-18-2003, 12:07 AM
Must be something in the winter air that brings out the ebay wackos this time of year.

Glad you didn't cave in to her demands and filed a report with ebay. Hope they keep up their *standards* and do something about her.

Just wanted to add a heads up about this bidder (http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=redheadbubby). I just filed a report with ebay on her, (on *them* would be a better term) since she lives in one state under one name, seems to email from another, and then send partial payment under a third name. Check was unprinted with name and account number handwritten in. I'm waiting for it to bounce.

Been a month, no reply for weeks, not paid up and still wildly bidding (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=redheadbubby&sort=3&page=1&rows=50&completed=1&all=1) on every item that catches her eye. I added her to my blocked bidder list and thought you might want to do the same.

Looks like her sellers are just catching up to her now. I know I run the risk of getting 8 negs from her but I believe most people can separate the good ebayers from the bad. If we are afraid to leave negs we let ebay's FB system intimidate us. Not good for any of us or ebay in the long run.

Happy Holidays!

:D

TeAnne
12-18-2003, 06:29 AM
Thanks for that Karen.

I wonder why she would wreck her good FB like that. Hope the account isn't hyjacked.

prtpix
12-18-2003, 07:29 AM
Thanks for telling us about this one.
I don't want to meet up with her ever.

Antoine
12-18-2003, 07:53 AM
Giapet, it seems like some people think ebay is just a joke or a game... your person seems to think she have won the game if she won the auction, but haven’t yet figured out that actual paying with real money has something to do with it.

I have just received this (kind of generic) email from ebay:

Hello Antoine,

Thank you for writing in to Safe Harbor with your concerns. My name is
Ariana from Investigations and I will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for providing us with the details about this situation with
ebmob1.

We are concerned about violations on the site and have thoroughly
investigated your report. Please be assured that we have taken the
appropriate action in accordance with our site policies. Our actions may
include issuing a warning, temporary or indefinite suspension, or
terminating the membership.

Because privacy concerns are important to everyone we are not at liberty
to discuss the details of another user's account. We hope that you
understand our position in this situation. We also hope that it assures
you that your personal account history will always remain private.

Thank you for being a valuable member of the eBay community. We
appreciate your continued help in keeping eBay a fun and safe place to
trade. Have a wonderful time shopping and selling on eBay throughout the
New Year!

Warm Regards,

Ariana
Investigations Team
Safe Harbor Department

I'm not quite sure what to think of it yet.

TeAnne
12-18-2003, 08:12 AM
Giapet, it seems like some people think ebay is just a joke or a game... your person seems to think she have won the game if she won the auction, but haven’t yet figured out that actual paying with real money has something to do with it.

I have just received this (kind of generic) email from ebay:

I'm not quite sure what to think of it yet.

It means they're sucking their thumbs. :mad: Bloody typical :mad: :mad:

SunshineyChelle
12-18-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by TeAnne
Thanks for that Karen.

I wonder why she would wreck her good FB like that. Hope the account isn't hyjacked.

... Yeah, it looks odd to me that her feedback has been great until just recently. Possible that someone got ahold of her account... but then again, guess a thief wouldn't want to just order beautiful beadwork!?

Interesting.

Hope things turn out better for you too Antoine. Maybe eBay will deal with her after all.

Best of luck,
Michelle

giapet
12-18-2003, 08:44 AM
well...here's another thread from the glass lobby (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=153903), seems she's known to many a lampworker.

I filed with ebay a few days ago and get to request my fees back after 10 days ... Christmas day in fact!

ale.l
12-18-2003, 12:41 PM
What's the final score in the fight with this dragon????

ElizaLeahy
12-18-2003, 04:55 PM
Looks like ebay issued her a warning, according to the email they sent.

debkauz
12-18-2003, 05:26 PM
Boy, I got so mad for you that I went to eBay and sent her an email through them telling her what a b***h I thought she was. Also told her that I thought she should learn to spell. What a cow! Asked her if she was psycho, too. I will probably get in trouble for the email to her but I really don't care much. People--and I use the term loosely--like her make me sick!

Debbie

RIDDLEART
12-18-2003, 08:00 PM
Holly Cow! I just spent half an hour catching up on this nightmare, reading this thread for the first time today. I've blocked this wacko...ebmob1 ( probably stands for ebay mobster, taking hits out on everyone!) I truly hope those in authority take more action then just warning her.
I just wanted to comment on how insightful and supportive everyone here is. I have answers to questions I never thought I'd ever have to ask!
I'm going to inform my comrades on ebay of her antics, and suggest they block this nut as well.
Antoine, I hope you keep us up to date... and do put this out of your mind long enough not to let it ruin your holiday. One day she'll merely be an amusing anecdote for you...believe it or not!
Cheers,
Joey Riddle

ale.l
12-19-2003, 05:35 AM
Look if she harms you in any way we can organize here and cyber-kill her. There are ways - for isntance we can jam her mailsystem by sending her loads of crap mails :)

TeAnne
12-19-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by ale.l
Look if she harms you in any way we can organize here and cyber-kill her. There are ways - for isntance we can jam her mailsystem by sending her loads of crap mails :)

Remind me not to be mean to you Ale lol :evil: :evil: :eek:

ale.l
12-19-2003, 06:30 AM
What does this mean :) ?

TeAnne
12-19-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by ale.l
What does this mean :) ?

lol my mailsystem by sending me loads of crap mails :evil: :evil:

debkauz
12-19-2003, 08:59 AM
I got a reply to the email that I sent her. Let's see if I can actually get it to print here. She's a real B***h! Here goes:

"You stupid person! If you want to talk in german we could do that, but I
think that´s to high for a primitv person like you! Merry christmas and
happy new year, al your from you will be canceled without reading! Kiss
:)"

Just makes me glad that I am not the kind of miserable person that she is. Must have a really horrible life--at least I sure HOPE so!:evil:

ale.l
12-19-2003, 09:30 AM
ha ha ha ha just look at her language :)
Jesus Christ...

dorith
12-19-2003, 11:09 AM
yep - she's german all right...:rolleyes:

we have a forum for german people interested in immigrating to the u.s. - we got quite a few of that sort, that think they have the right to tell everyone how much superior they are, and why everyone except themselves might be wrong...
those are the one we usually ban from posting and reading anything, because they are just troublemakers and "downers" - not to mention incredibly rude...

and again <scary voice on> bewaaaaaare the geeeeermaaaaaaanz!<scary voice off> :mad: (gosh, everyday i read anything from one "of that kind" i feel even happier that i don't live there anymore... :D )

antoine,
whatever you do - stay away from her...those kind of people don't really like anyone except themselves... i sure hope that ebay will resolve the problem for you, so you won't have to deal with her anymore...

CathyD
12-19-2003, 12:03 PM
It is obvious that this lady (ebmob1 - I like your definition, Joey) has no ethics and our natural response is to tell her what a creep she is. In our forum here, we can teasingly threaten and it is taken as such :). We can give warnings to each other so that we can (thankfully) block this person from bidding on our auctions. It's nice to have this place to vent our frustrations. There's been a lot of good advice given here to Antoine, and I admire her determination to handle this situation in a very business-like courteous manner. It would be very easy to respond back in a similiar (ebmob1) way.
I think our little community in this forum has great integrity and appreciate the way everyone contributes. Your comments lift my day!
Peace on earth to us all!
Cathy

prtpix
12-19-2003, 01:24 PM
LOL,
With all the enemies she has. I am sure she has been on many peoples hit list and I'm sure she has been put on many, many spam/discusting E-mail lists.
Good for her. She deserves it.
There's gotta be a few of her victims that have revenge on their mind and not too timid to take action.

I think you are handling things good Antoine. Best keep the upper hand.

TeAnne
12-23-2003, 07:08 AM
Any news from ebay?

Sundrop
12-29-2003, 07:57 PM
I would not refund her nothing,I would take the negative and then respond,just because you have a negative doesnt mean people arent going to deal with you.They will read the feedback and see exactly why..................She didnt want insurance,its her fault......also I would report her to ebay........what a *&^%$#$#...........

ElizaLeahy
12-29-2003, 08:07 PM
She has been reported and reported and reported. I don't think you will get a negative from her, I think we have her running scared. She hasn't given a negative for awhile now.

Maybe we didn't get rid of her, but maybe we taught her some manners.

Antoine
01-11-2004, 06:23 PM
Hi everyone! I have just returned from South Africa and am glad to be back at WC!

As Eliza has stated, I also thought that perhaps this person have decided to become a good girl from now on. Unfortunately as I checked my ebay profile earlier… the ebmob1–monster have returned and left me the negative she have been trying to blackmail me with. I have not responded to it yet, I will take some time to think of a good response to it as well as an appropriate feedback for her. I feel it’s time for this little b**** to receive her first neg. What do you think? :D

I plan to write to ebay again, but do not really expect a great response from them… lets see.

It is interesting if you think about it this way, for $10 or $15 that she demanded, I have refused and got myself a nice red negative… but that is not what it is about is it? Thanks to everyone here’s advice I have stuck to my principals and refused to be blackmailed or threatened. I have always been polite to her and will continue to do so and if I could have this whole thing over, I would do exactly as I had. I think it was about time someone stood up to her.

I’m just glad that all of you have her blocked … you might mess with one artist from WC, but will not be able to do so with the others… ;)

ElizaLeahy
01-11-2004, 06:30 PM
Hi everyone! I have just returned from South Africa and am glad to be back at WC!

As Eliza has stated, I also thought that perhaps this person have decided to become a good girl from now on. Unfortunately as I checked my ebay profile earlier… the ebmob1–monster have returned and left me the negative she have been trying to blackmail me with. I have not responded to it yet, I will take some time to think of a good response to it as well as an appropriate feedback for her. I feel it’s time for this little b**** to receive her first neg. What do you think? :D

I plan to write to ebay again, but do not really expect a great response from them… lets see.

It is interesting if you think about it this way, for $10 or $15 that she demanded, I have refused and got myself a nice red negative… but that is not what it is about is it? Thanks to everyone here’s advice I have stuck to my principals and refused to be blackmailed or threatened. I have always been polite to her and will continue to do so and if I could have this whole thing over, I would do exactly as I had. I think it was about time someone stood up to her.

I’m just glad that all of you have her blocked … you might mess with one artist from WC, but will not be able to do so with the others… ;)

Report it immediately. Another one that I wrote to about her had their neg removed.

TeAnne
01-11-2004, 07:19 PM
grrrrrrrrrrrr what a b***. Yep, get onto ebay. Good luck

surreal
01-12-2004, 07:35 AM
Hi Antoine,
I was very sorry to see that the b**** left you a neg.

But, as time goes on, you will have so many positives that the neg will not even be apparent.

I think you should try and buy several things on ebay to amass more positive feedback from ebayers. I notice that alot of artists buy items on ebay before even beginning to sell on ebay, in order to gather positive feedback.

Also, I hope that you will put more art up on ebay as soon as possible! :)

I see a very fine future for you on ebay!!!

Everything will work out just fine for you! Your future will be very rosey! ;)
:D

dorith
01-12-2004, 10:23 AM
hi antoine,

sorry to hear about the neg fb, but then again, that was to be expected...
i agree that you should get ebay involved and let them know about it. they just might remove it.

if not, just keep doing what you're doing - you are very professional in your actions, and that speaks a lot louder than the whiny voice of a stupid person. :D
hope everything turns out good for you!
ah, yes, keep working on adding more fbs to your list - it will eventually fade away...

p.s.: i just had a little chat about her with my dh. he has been looking into selling on german ebay. but it turns out, that ebay in germany has a whole different set of rules and regulations than ebay usa.
for example: any item sold by a non-commercial person must have a disclaimer about warranties in the item description.
links and mentioning of other websites is not allowed (i had the sentence "...is listed with askart.com" in my item description - and a two week email nightmare with ebay germany from it, because they insisted that that is a reference to another website - and i say it's the name of the company.
also, the seller is ALWAYS responsible for insurance, or damages - so that might be why she is being such an idiot about all this: she thinks ebay.de=ebay.com. (wrongwronwrongwrong...)
i took my items off of ebay.de, because it's just not worth the hassle and the risk of being sued by someone like emob1 is just not worth it.

Antoine
01-12-2004, 10:40 AM
Thank you Eliza, TeAnne, Nina & Dorith.

I have wrote to ebay again and perhaps if I irritate them enough with my letters I will get some good response. :p

Eliza, how on earth did that person get her neg removed? As I understand from Square Trade, feedback could only be removed when the other party agrees, I can not see how this character would do that.

Another option would be to keep my feedback private ‘till this case is resolved, since I plan to start listing again soon. I’m definitely not going to let her stop me this easily. :)

RIDDLEART
01-12-2004, 10:42 AM
Don't let it get you down Antoine. You're too talented to let this misanthrope trash your spirit! I am a fervent ebay buyer and about half the sellers I patronize have a neg or two. Most ebayers will compare negs to positives and ignore a few negs. I know it breaks your heart to see your reputation smudged but keep your chin up, and make sure you respond calmly and cooly mentioning you're offer for a refund was rejected, and this buyer is unreasonable. I always reed the responses and the sellers that seem angry don't have as much impact as those simply stating the facts. Mostly I want you to remember that the best revenge of all is knowing she is condemned to spend the rest of her life with...... HER! :evil:
Warmest Wishes,
Joanne
www.riddleart.com
No regrets! Wait, I shouldn't have said that!

Antoine
01-12-2004, 10:50 AM
Mostly I want you to remember that the best revenge of all is knowing she is condemned to spend the rest of her life with...... HER! :evil: LOL!! :clap:

imaginethat
01-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Antoine -

If ebay determines feedback to be left wrongly, they will in a RARE occasion remove it for free! I've had that happen (a buyer bid on lots then left EVERYONE negatives within minutes of the auctions ending). What you have to do is send them a link to each negative feedback she has left regarding the shipping cost. They need all the evidence that she leaves negatives inappropriately. The fact that they've removed one for another seller already suggests you will have success with your's too! Good luck and let us know what happens!!!

kiwicockatoo
01-12-2004, 01:16 PM
Well at least she put a spelling mistake in the neg - her spelling and grammar suck, who is going to take her seriously anyway? I hope you get this resolved soon! B***h!

ElizaLeahy
01-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Thank you Eliza, TeAnne, Nina & Dorith.

I have wrote to ebay again and perhaps if I irritate them enough with my letters I will get some good response. :p

Eliza, how on earth did that person get her neg removed? As I understand from Square Trade, feedback could only be removed when the other party agrees, I can not see how this character would do that.

Another option would be to keep my feedback private ‘till this case is resolved, since I plan to start listing again soon. I’m definitely not going to let her stop me this easily. :)

I'd go to Live help (http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/16485391/?cmd=file&file=visitorWantsToChat&site=16485391) and ask them what to do. Tell them that you know at least 5 complaints have been put in about untruthful feedback this person is leaving, and ask how to get rid of the one she left for you.

debkauz
01-12-2004, 08:09 PM
Antoine,
Please don't let this crazy ** make your life crazy. She is not worth it and her negative is not worth it. She is doing exactly what she wants to do . Her negative is a small thing. How she makes everyone jump through hoops because she 'done them wrong' is where she gets her kicks. Let her actions go and get on with your very creative life. She isn't worth a damn and certainly isn't worth all the comotion that she has caused in your life!

Hugs,
Debbie

Antoine
01-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Now this is what I call interesting. I checked through ebmob1’s feedback again and on page two I found this follow-up: “SENDS HARASSING EMAILS + CK FEEDBACK SHE LEAVES OTHERS! BEWARE, EMAIL 4 DETAILS” left not long ago. So I contacted this person asking for more info and this is what she wrote to me:

Hi, I have limited time, am at work, have Ebay contact me for info, I will
tell them my side of it. She told me I sold her a fake, it wasn't. She then
sold it as the same exact item/name that she originally told me it was a fake,
she wanted a refund (I don't refund) without sending the item back first.
Hassled me for days re: the refund, I didn't intend to refund her especially w/o
the item sent back first. I have her emails saved if Ebay wants them. What
did she do to you?

Debbie, I understand what you mean and in a way you are right. Still I feel that this person have ruined so so very many good reputations.
This letter above proofs that harassing people & forcing unfair demands upon people is her way. The fact that her reputation is totally clean while she has already caused so many people so mush trouble does not seem fair. I do not seek revenge, but feel this unfairness will keep causing people undeserved unhappiness and I feel it makes ebay a worse place for all of us.

madmum
01-13-2004, 03:06 AM
Antoine, I have no advice, just wanted to add my support. Hope you get the neg. removed - it seems like you're gathering evidence against her for feedback extortion, good for you!

Ruth

filip/mun
01-13-2004, 03:43 AM
It is most unfortunate that artists have to go through this kind of hassle, I am an illustrator who work upon requests and never have to deal with these cases. The business is such, once you begin to sell the problem arise because you are dealing with an individual.
If there is a choice, I'd rather sell it off to a third party. ;)