PDA

View Full Version : ordered chaos

mr standard
12-11-2003, 06:30 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-11-2003/33247_primo_pics_018.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: ordered chaos
Year Created: 2001
Medium: Pen/Ink
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 24
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
This drawing started right in the middle of the page with a little circle and over the course of three or four days I added more and more. I think this would be a good reference for a final piece in acrylic.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
be mean and critical . Make me mad. It usually makes me motivated.LOL

arourapope
12-11-2003, 10:25 PM
I'm sorry but I can't be mean critical about this. I agree it would be good as a painting! Check out the abstract/contemporary forum if you haven't yet. :)

jerryW
12-12-2003, 06:27 AM
I like the movement
as a painting I would
like the same impact or greater with less
rigidly formed subgeometries.
(personal taste.)

DuhVinci
12-12-2003, 12:39 PM
OK, I'll take your challange. Here's the most critical thing I can say: The upper left seems softer, out of focus compared to the crisp, clean forms of the rest. It makes the upper left seem almost as a background in what otherwise seems intended as a two dimensional design. Of course you could run with this and add some color contrast in addition to the contrast in sharpness to experiment with three dimensional layering of two dimesional images. I'm just saying that if you intend for the image to be seen as two dimensional, the upper left takes away from that perception.

pero lane
12-12-2003, 12:43 PM
I'll have to agree with DuhVinci...tighten up that corner and it'll be awesome in acrylics !:)

mfoxmelanson
12-13-2003, 12:59 PM
I have to disagree about the corner. I love this as is. I find it very interesting/ AND/ simply beautiful to look at. You'll probably hate me saying this- The first thing that came to me was-I want to see this in a gorgeous gold antique frame hanging next to my mother's cobalt collection, shake things up a little. But there is no mother or cobalt collection!! Just a crazy impression...again...Love it!

M.

artbabe21
12-13-2003, 02:05 PM
actually the folks doing the crits here aren't very mean...they are just helpful...:)

anyway, this is a complete about face from your faces I'd say, but it's very intriquing too...I do this circle in the middle thing while on the phone but it doesn't resemble a piece of art when done!!