PDA

View Full Version : Remember the painting I sold....

ElizaLeahy
12-11-2003, 12:55 AM
To Enklebert Humperdink's daughter?

She is in concert down the Gold Coast tonight and has got tickets for Zoe and me! Her mother and brother (who owns the painting now) will also be there.

She wanted to meet me as the artist of the painting. LOL

Now, what on earth do I have to wear? I have under an hour to get ready and GO, and then we have to find a place to stay the night and it means that Coco (kitten) will be spending her first night alone. ARGH

Maybe we should stay home.

kjsspot
12-11-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by ElizaLeahy
To Enklebert Humperdink's daughter?
Maybe we should stay home.

Hope I'm not too late! GO!!! Heck, who cares what you wear! Put on your favorite outfit based upon how it makes you feel, not what others will think of you in it. Grab Zoe and head out the door! Kitty can take care of herself. It ain't gonna kill her. Have fun!!

TeAnne
12-11-2003, 07:08 AM
woohoo. I hope you had a good time. :D I think Englebert is playing Perth some time soon.

surreal
12-11-2003, 09:21 AM
Hey Eliza!!!

How very exciting!!!

I hope you had alot of fun!
:D

arlene
12-11-2003, 09:45 AM
oh i'm so excited for you! great...go, have fun! leave lots of food and water for the baby...she'll be fine...

Lady Rando
12-11-2003, 10:08 AM
Wow, I sure hope you want and had fun. What a cool thing for you. Let us know how it went?

pampe
12-11-2003, 10:45 AM
AND PICTURES!!!!!!!!!

CathyD
12-11-2003, 10:52 AM
How fun Eliza, can't wait to hear how it went!
Cathy

Antoine
12-11-2003, 11:56 AM
:eek: Tell us everything…Tell us everything!?!? :p

ElizaLeahy
12-11-2003, 11:56 PM
Very tired, I'll try to make some sense.

We drove down the coast, then realised that where the concert was is on the border of NSW and QLD. Great - NSW is on daylight saving time and we aren't - which is it? So we pulled into the resort and Zoe ran in to find out. We were safe, they were on our time.

So we went to find a motel, found one and booked in, went to the bathroom and ran out again. Drove back to the resort.

Parked, went in, and saw a poster looking at us informing us that Engelbert Humperdink was in concert that night. Well, blow me down, her dad was here too!

As arraranged we went to the restuarant where she was having dinner with her mum and asked the matrade (ok, how do you spell that?) to let her know we were there. After all, I hadn't the foggest what she looked like!

Louise and her mother came down to where we were sitting. Her mother is about 5 foot with very long hair, while Louise is about 6 foot! She still wasn't sure if she was singing at the concert, but had to get changed in case and see her father backstage.

Let's get past that part of the story and get to the good bits!

The concert was great, I'd never been to one before and it was just wonderful. Louise did get to sing, a song she had written herself. Appearently that is what she does, writes songs, and she has a lot published that get sung by other people. I'll get some titles from her by email, I was too excited to remember details. She was incredible on stage! Her father is too - very funny as well as great singing. It was funny, all these middle aged ladies were throwing bunches of red roses onto the stage!

After the concert we went backstage with Louise and Patricia (her mum) and into the "green room" where we waited for Engelbert to join us. There was enough food and drinks for 100 people and most of it got wasted! Patricia wanted us to take it home with us but we are on diets so we said no. We stayed chatting until midnight then we all went our seperate ways.

As we left the stage manager came running out and thrust all the roses into my arms! So, I have all the roses those ladies threw onto the stage. Remember that if you go to a concert and don't buy flowers :)

I told Louise I was going to do a painting for her as a thank you and she was so excited, she jumped up and told everyone that she was going to have one of my paintings too. As we left she told me it was her parents aniversary soon and she wants me to do a painting for them.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/harpsong/louise/

TeAnne
12-12-2003, 01:42 AM
WOW, old Jerry Dorsey (Englebert) has changed hasn't he? My Mum used to be in love with him and Tom Jones........ lol

Gee, Louise is tall, and a pretty girl. Finally get to see you Eliza. Cool and you look so happy. I'm glad you all had a great time.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

busy91
12-12-2003, 03:47 PM
That is great how exciting!

matmad
12-12-2003, 04:27 PM
Eliza, it sounds as if you both had an absolutely thrilling evening! It's also very fascinating to see the faces behind the names.

Julie

CathyD
12-12-2003, 04:51 PM
Eliza, thanks for sharing! It was fun to read about your experience and I especially loved the pictures! I hope you had a great time!
Cathy

surreal
12-12-2003, 05:08 PM
Hi Eliza,
I am glad that you had such a wonderful time!

Thanks so much for sharing details of your evening and the wonderful pictures with us!!!

It was especially nice to see a pic of you!!!

Laura Tasheiko
12-12-2003, 06:11 PM
What fun!! Good for you, and thanks for sharing story and pix :) L