PDA

View Full Version : My beads using the CBS Corina Bead Stamp

dasi11
12-10-2003, 10:03 PM
I just got the Corina Bead stamp yesterday.. It is fun. I think I need to get smaller mandrels. I am using 3/32" and they seem to big? It sure is easy to use. Here is a scanned Pic of the OK, the bad and the ugly. I sure need work with this tool, but the pink came out pretty.

ValorieCox
12-10-2003, 10:15 PM
They are great Heather! Love those pink colors. You've done quite well for having just started with the tool, using new shapes always takes me a long time to perfect, but you've got it all figured out! :clap:

Val

koregon
12-11-2003, 12:35 AM
Hi Heather,
Hey those look great....I think you will like using smaller mandrels with the CBS...I find it much eaiser to get a rounder dime like lentil...the glass seems to flow easier or something on the 1/16th...a little plump lemon shape on the smaller mandrel works awesome!

Those are terriffic for your first day of using it...isn't it addictive???
I love making lentils...I tell you, it sure helped me practice stringer control...I love decorating and deciding where to flatten.

Can't wait to see more from you!

jujeebeads
12-11-2003, 12:47 AM
Nice work Heather! The flowers are great. It's amazing they hold their shape after being squished! I just received my CBS today. I have a few lentils in the kiln and will post them (I hope) on S&T tomorrow. I didn't even attemp a flower yet. Just a few squiggles and curls. Have fun with it, I know I will be! Look forward to seeing more!

Judy:cat:

Catt
12-11-2003, 01:13 AM
Heather,

I think those beads are just great for the first day of using the CBS.

Wow I'm glad to hear that eveyone is getting there Corina Bead Stamp finally. Have fun with your new toy!

I agree with Kaye that the 1/16th mandrel works really well with the mold.

I would like to apologize to everyone about the problems we encountered in getting some of the raw materials in when they were suppose to. Everything is under control now and the rest of the order will be shipped out between tomorrow and Friday.

The anticiapation will be just that much greater when you receive yours in a few more days. Have fun with them. :)

Catt

http://www.picturetrail.com/campflash

dasi11
12-11-2003, 08:54 AM
It was worth the wait. Actually I don't feel like I waited from the time I paid to the time it was sent out. Ya'all did a great job!!!! Thank You.

Now if only the foil I ordered back the end of Sept. would arrive......

craftylady
12-11-2003, 10:09 AM
Heather
Do you make your flowers then use the CBS? Or do you use the CBS then design with flowers. By the way the beads look great.

LindaP
12-11-2003, 10:54 AM
Nice beads Heather. I am guessing that you make your lentils then did the flowers, is this right?

Catt you have so great in letting us know when our stamps will be shipped. Thank you so much! Oh and thank Fred also:p

latitude40
12-11-2003, 10:58 AM
I'm not seeing any OK, bad, or ugly....all I see is lovely!

Karen

dasi11
12-11-2003, 11:15 AM
I made the bead, flower and all. Then smushhhhh. It is really fun. The hard part is finding a space on my desk top. Yesterday it was a little tight so I moved my hand up on my mandrel and sttttt burn on the fingers. Sure made it hard to twirl more beads yesterday. DAAAAh. I am clearing out more space for today.

AlexM
12-11-2003, 11:17 AM
Great work Heather!

I am finding the CBS soooooo addictive that it's hard to let a bead stay round any more. I've been using the 3/32 mandrels, but wil a very thin coating of bead release. If I use a thick coating of bead release, it is too thick for the CBS and the lentils don't come out right.

Dreamcloud
12-11-2003, 11:39 AM
oooooooo, Heather, those are gorgeous! :clap:

My Mom bought the tool for a Christmas gift. I'm counting down until I can squish--12 more days. Thanks, Mom!

Leiza