PDA

View Full Version : My first beads.....

Alan Cross
12-10-2003, 03:30 PM
Ok here they are not that exciting but boy did I have fun...I didn't want to leave I was the last one there and she had to kick me out lol.....I did five more but they were to hot to take off the mandel.....I will get those tonight....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Dec-2003/13186-First_three_beads.jpg

Alan :)

JavaGirlBT
12-10-2003, 03:32 PM
They are wonderful first beads! Congratulations and I'm happy that you had fun!

RobbinA
12-10-2003, 03:40 PM
Better than my first beads!!!

So does this mean that you have a new addiction???:evil:

Robbin

meh2purple
12-10-2003, 03:45 PM
Great first beads Alan!!

Keep posting those pics.! :)

Mary

Alan Cross
12-10-2003, 03:46 PM
Thanks Ellen and Robbin for your comments....you never know do I have time for another passion thats the question...

Alan Cross
12-10-2003, 03:47 PM
Opps missed you there Mary....thanks! I should have more tomorrow!

DonnaBee
12-10-2003, 03:48 PM
Alan they *really* are great first beads! I can't wait to see the other five.

RobbinA
12-10-2003, 03:49 PM
Other passions??? hmmmp.... those are now all packed away in a box.... now I have plenty of time for glass.... now if I can pack the cooking, cleaning and laundry into a box.... I'd have it made!!:D :D

Robbin

DonnaBee
12-10-2003, 03:50 PM
you never know do I have time for another passion thats the question...

You *might* not have a choice you know...hehehehe

tehale
12-10-2003, 03:53 PM
Great looking beads, Alan! :clap:

Prepare to be addicted! :p

Alan Cross
12-10-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by DonnaBee
Alan they *really* are great first beads! I can't wait to see the other five.

Thanks Donna I can't either there were sitting in vermiculit when i left so I haven't even seen them.... :confused: Now don't tell me this is additive :evil:

Robbin yes it would be nice to put all the nasty stuff in a box...lol

Alan Cross
12-10-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by tehale
Great looking beads, Alan! :clap:

Prepare to be addicted! :p

LOL Thanks no one warned me about additive stuff lol

ValorieCox
12-10-2003, 04:08 PM
Fantastic Alan, and they look round too! Good teacher and student, I'd say! :clap:

Val

Alan Cross
12-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Thanks Val for your comments yes there kind of round lol....it not as easy as she made it look.

KristiB
12-10-2003, 04:18 PM
Wow Alan, those are fantastic. Nice and round and I like the colors...

whaddaya mean no one told you this was addictive? get prepared for a new all consuming passion.... but it's oh so fun!!

Congrats on your first beads. Don't forget to share any new ones!

Kristi (member in good standing of glassaholics anonymous)

Alan Cross
12-10-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by KristiB
Wow Alan, those are fantastic. Nice and round and I like the colors...

whaddaya mean no one told you this was addictive? get prepared for a new all consuming passion.... but it's oh so fun!!

Congrats on your first beads. Don't forget to share any new ones!

Kristi (member in good standing of glassaholics anonymous)

LOL Kristi thanks I did kind of have a warning ....

Sarica
12-10-2003, 04:50 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Isn't it sooooo much fun!!! I really like your blue and yellow bead!!

Alan Cross
12-10-2003, 04:56 PM
Thanks Sarah yes it was lots of fun....looking forward to more!

Lori Peterson
12-10-2003, 04:59 PM
Great beads Alan! Welcome to the madness.:)

Alan Cross
12-10-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Lori Peterson
Great beads Alan! Welcome to the madness.:)

THanks Lori great tiny head you have!

latitude40
12-10-2003, 05:01 PM
Color me impressed! You made beads that perfect your first time?....and there's even more?!
Well, If you don't pursue glass it would be a real loss!

Karen

*Naos*
12-10-2003, 05:23 PM
Looks like you're a natural, Alan! I'd expect that, though, with your artistic background. One of the things I like about glass (over painting and drawing formerly) is that I can complete a work of art in 30 minutes or less (focal on down). :) Great beads!!

Am

JBD
12-10-2003, 05:41 PM
Welcome Alan.........it only gets more addictive.....one can not get to much glass.......I think that life's winner is the one who dies with the most glass.........and by the way we need more male bead and marblers......

Ken
JBD

fikefire
12-10-2003, 05:55 PM
:music: Go Alan! :music: Go Alan! :music:

Looks like you're a natural, my friend!

Uschi
12-10-2003, 06:11 PM
Alan, I don't know the first thing about beads, but they sure are pretty!!!! Will have to check if they have those kind of classes around here.
Uschi

NLC
12-10-2003, 06:12 PM
Very very nice... thanks for sharing and can't wait to see more! (They make my beginner ones look like a waste of glass!)
Nikki

CharM
12-10-2003, 06:31 PM
They really are pretty... and, you can set them up (when you pick up your others) as a still life to paint!!! :D

Beadazoid
12-10-2003, 07:06 PM
AWESOME beads!!! They're even more than one color!!!! WOW! Nice!

I just feel it is only fair to tell you....

....you're already addicted. :evil:

Welcome!
Jeannie

Alan Cross
12-10-2003, 07:14 PM
Karen Thanks very kind of you to say...

Am yes I do like things that move quickly....I am looking around my studio to see where I could add a torch lol....

Thanks Ken you might be right lol.....I did notice a lot of ladies here ;)

fikefire thanks for your nice comments..

Uschi thanks very much nice to see you here ....and yes try it!!

Nikki thanks very much....glad you liked them....

Char thanks for looking in....and now I have to paint the beads?
:eek:

Jeannie yes I was having fun with the stringers....lol

Catt
12-10-2003, 07:22 PM
Alan,
Wow those are great beads!!!! Last I heard you were getting ready for your first class. Never found out how that went.
I've been absent abit up here on WC due to filling all the orders for Corina's New Generation CBS. So I take it you're having fun. You can always find time to fit some fun in your life. You were addicted before you even took your class from all the posts you do up here on peoples beads...:D

We want to keep hearing all the fun you're having and lots of eye candy.

Catt

Alan Cross
12-10-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Catt
Alan,
Wow those are great beads!!!! Last I heard you were getting ready for your first class. Never found out how that went.
I've been absent abit up here on WC due to filling all the orders for Corina's New Generation CBS. So I take it you're having fun. You can always find time to fit some fun in your life. You were addicted before you even took your class from all the posts you do up here on peoples beads...:D

We want to keep hearing all the fun you're having and lots of eye candy.

Catt

THanks Catt...yes you are right I have always loved glass....it was my first class lastnight and I have one more today....looking forward to it for sure!

DonnaBee
12-10-2003, 07:48 PM
Here is one of my favorite quotes for you Alan:

"You, the unique creator, will learn to let yourself flow into your creation. You will discover that, while you thought you were only attending the birth of a new object, you have been growing into a new knowledge of youself. You have been out-picturing a fragment of your inner riches - exfoliating, allowing your life its own unique expression in a medium of unparalleled quality, the very chalice of light and color".

-Glass, John Burton

glitterbead
12-10-2003, 07:56 PM
Wowee!!! Those are fine looking firsties!!!!!

Lee (glass & fiber ARTIST)

Alan Cross
12-10-2003, 08:46 PM
John thanks very much for that great quote....

Lee thanks also for your comments...

Helen Simon
12-10-2003, 10:09 PM
Great job, Alan! Now I know I remember warning you that even painting would pale next to your enthusiasm for glass!! I didn't expect you to believe me then, how about now? Can you SEE it happening? Glass is such a GAS!! Go guy!! Helen

JoyceMI
12-10-2003, 11:25 PM
:clap:

Great Looking First Beads Alan! It must come pretty natural to you.

Mine looked nothing like that when I walked out of my first class.

Jamn!
12-10-2003, 11:38 PM
Those are really great looking beads... However I LOVE your watercolors and your use of color is amazing!!!! I can't wait to see what else you do with the glass!

Heidi

Zonnestraaltje
12-11-2003, 12:50 AM
Alan!!! Those are wonderful!!! I'm looking forward to seeing more beads from you in the show and tell. Hurry up, make some more...you know you want to!!! he he he

:D :clap: :clap:

L. Murga
12-11-2003, 01:16 AM
Alan, I almost went to bed without checking out WC tonight. Good thing that I decided to hop on real quick or I would have missed this! You did awesome first beads!! They have a hint of watercolor to them. Did you ever think that it would be so fun? It's hard to stop, you think you "will make just one more bead tonight." You should be very proud of those beads, they're great. Can't wait till tomorrow's pics. Good job "new glass artist"! :D Lori

Lori Peterson
12-11-2003, 01:49 AM
Thanks Alan! I can't wait to see tomorrow's beads!

Alan Cross
12-11-2003, 02:51 AM
Thanks Helen and you are right if I had all the stuff I would not be stoping....they do let you rent the torch by the hour, so i might give that a try also.....

Joyce thanks well it was eaiser after all the help I got here from everyone before I went to the class.....it was an advantage lol

Heidi thanks for your comments about my beads and also my watercolors....glad you liked both!!

Rachel thanks and yes I do want to keep making them....I will be trying to get some equipment....

Lori and Lori thanks to both of you and I hope to have more to post tommorow....

StefaniBeads
12-11-2003, 04:30 PM
GREAT first beads Alan! Better than mine!

Where do you go from here?? To become totally glass obsessed, that's what! :D

The fun is just beginning! Can't wait to see more and watch your progress! :)

Alan Cross
12-11-2003, 04:43 PM
Thanks Lisa for your kind words....I guess the next step is to start looking at torches.....I will be posting my later beads as soon as I can in this post then opening a new post for my second nights beads as soon as I get them....

L. Murga
12-12-2003, 12:43 AM
A pound of moretti glass rods . . . . .$8

Your first glass beading class . . . . . $75

The pleasure you get from looking at your first glass creations . . .

P R I C E L E S S ! !

Alan Cross
12-12-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by L. Murga
A pound of moretti glass rods . . . . .$8

Your first glass beading class . . . . . $75

The pleasure you get from looking at your first glass creations . . .

P R I C E L E S S ! !

Lori you got that right thanks.....