PDA

View Full Version : Open Window

Fagan
07-25-2001, 07:33 PM
This is a 16" x 20" acrylic on canvas painting I did this afternoon. Critiques and comments welcomed!

Fagan
07-25-2001, 07:34 PM
closeup:

ftb
07-25-2001, 07:40 PM
I can feel the breeze and smell the f rocks..and look the one flower is waving as if to say hi, this one I like a lot..

Fagan
07-25-2001, 08:50 PM
Thanks ftb...what is a f rock? *laugh* and do I really wanna know?

TeAnne
07-25-2001, 09:03 PM
I want to say more than WOW but WOW it is. I just love it, I love the curtains. This is perfecto. DOUBLE WOW :evil:

Ohju
07-25-2001, 09:27 PM
I love the airey feel of this painting ...but something is wrong with the perspective on the sill. When I look at it, it looks like the window is facing me then when I look at it again, it looks like it's steering to the left. hmm is it me or the scan? Anyone else see it?

Impulse
07-25-2001, 10:37 PM
wonderful!

your signature colours
are all over this

attractive composition
well painted

amazes me what some
people do with an afternoon
while i push paper!

dornberg
07-25-2001, 10:49 PM
the dark areas work with the shadow, the plant and flower and trees
the light,
with the sky, curtains and upper wall
you are working the colors with the dark light pattern
that results in a sharp image that is nice to view

dont center too much

Fagan
07-25-2001, 11:59 PM
Ohju...yep I see it. Thanks for pointing it out. *SMILE*

Impulse...I know what you mean...after years and years of pushing paper and wanting to be painting instead. Thank you for your patronage...it is appreciated! *SMILE*

dornberg...thank you for viewing this work and commenting. I seem to learn something new with each of your posts.

SDavy
07-26-2001, 01:19 AM
:cool: I think the curtains being asynmetrical may give it that left leaning look.The colors seem very french. I think it is lovely. I might have been tempted to leave out part of the frame, but that's just me. I think it works beautiully.
Stephanie

wendee
07-26-2001, 06:56 AM
WooooHooooo Fagan I love it..can feel the breeze from here..thats not too good as it is winter here...lol:clap: :clap:

Susan Seidman
07-26-2001, 08:17 AM
Fagan - being new to the group, and to paiting, i don't have anything brilliant to add . . . but oh . . . what i wouldn't give to be able to paint like that!

Fagan
07-26-2001, 09:34 AM
Thank you SDavy! What part of the frame would you have left out and why? thanks for commenting! *SMILE*

Wendee....brrrrr!!...just wait...it will be summer soon. *laugh* thank you for your comments.

Hello and welcome to WetCanvas Susan! Paint everyday and practice practice practice....This forum has helped me greatly with all kinds of painting delimas I have encountered. Thank you for viewing my work and your comments! *smile*

jerryW
07-26-2001, 10:50 AM
very impressive and sensitive work.
the flower pot and it's extensions get an honoured position, which may not actually be democratic, hence, I would prefer it a bit more to the right of center, powerful but less dominating.

rsmak
07-26-2001, 11:05 AM
sensational! I can feel the breeze from the open window, and good movement on the curtain.
rosanna

YLCIA
07-26-2001, 11:12 AM
Fagan, very much summer:) Beautiful!:)

Julia

Fagan
07-26-2001, 12:24 PM
Jerry...thank you for your comments...the pot did end up a little more centered than I planned. I am not sure how that happened.

Rosanna and Julia...thank you for looking and commenting! *SMILE*

ftb
07-26-2001, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Fagan
Thanks ftb...what is a f rock? *laugh* and do I really wanna know?
Fagan,
I thought about this last night.. I said I bet she's going to want to know what a frock is well yesterday when you put up the painting with the rock wall that looked like nice big blue flowers well to come to find out later in the day when you said that they were really rocks... so I was being funny when I commented about the window flowers so I said frocks just as a funny..

Fagan
07-26-2001, 01:25 PM
ftb..funny man. *SMILE* thanks for the explanation.