PDA

View Full Version : Background room images for paintings

okdave
12-09-2003, 08:12 PM
Greetings,
Some time ago, I visited a website that had background room images (a sofa, chair, bed in front of a blank wall) in which you could cut and paste a properly sized image of your painting. You could see how it looked in a room setting. I don't remember where I saw it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Thanks, Dave

ElizaLeahy
12-10-2003, 04:56 AM
I wish I did. If you find it let us know!

Lady Rando
12-10-2003, 09:38 AM
I'd like to know where that is also. If you ever do remember please let us know. :)

Antoine
12-10-2003, 11:46 AM
I just create rooms with my paintings in Photoshop. Such a program will save a lot of time!
Any programmers around here that feel like writing us some software?

okdave
12-10-2003, 01:37 PM
I am a retired programmer and software developer and had thoughts about writing such a program, but then I remembered how much hard work goes into a program, especially one that other people use. After thirty plus years of programming, I think I'd rather be painting.
Dave

wayfarer
12-10-2003, 05:55 PM
Now that I finally have my digital camera (yea!) I'm just going to take a picture of the framed painting in my own house (once I straighten up, of course ;) ) and use them. I thought about using "other sources" for the room part, but I didn't want to risk screwing up anything with proportion. I do a lot of smaller works (matted to 8 x 10) and these certainly are not going to fill up the area over the sofa.

Chris