PDA

View Full Version : my latest creation, for perfume...

jeremy bizzano
12-09-2003, 07:09 PM
I finished this piece last night, er... this morning... haha. It's a boro perfume bottle decorated inside-out. That's where a section of tubing is flared out and all the decoration is put on the inside surface of the tube. Then the flare is closed down and it's shaped. The pointed foot is fumed on the bottom side and the stopper/dipper has an encased opal in it. It stands about 5.5 inches tall. You can see big detailed shots of it in my Glass Artists gallery in the new work section.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2003/24451-V-PB-002-A-sml.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2003/24451-honeycomb.jpg
the honeycomb at the bottom

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2003/24451-opal.jpg
the opal dipper

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2003/24451-foot.jpg
the fumed pointed foot

FiredDesires
12-09-2003, 07:11 PM
Jeremy......that is absolutely gorgeous......I love the honeycomb design. thanks for sharing. :clap:

Is that beauty going up for auction? or for sale....it sure would look pretty in my store's showcase!!!!
:cat:

latitude40
12-09-2003, 08:27 PM
man-o-man, now that's borogasmic!

Karen

NLC
12-10-2003, 01:59 AM
That's better than any perfume that could be put into it!!!! :D

Nikki

nursekatie
12-10-2003, 07:34 AM
Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is one of the most beautiful creations I have ever seen!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

kyyardlizard
12-10-2003, 09:52 AM
I really want it!!!! Paula

craftylady
12-10-2003, 09:57 AM
That is one awsome perfume bottle!

StefaniBeads
12-10-2003, 12:55 PM
[email protected]! It's stunning!! From top to bottom!

jeremy bizzano
12-10-2003, 06:23 PM
thank you all :D I have first offered it to a friend of mine I've promised some glass to but if they don't want it, I can definitely sell it. May try out eBay with this and a few of my pendants too. Not sure yet. I plan on making some more soon too with some minor changes. :)

Amozoo
12-10-2003, 06:42 PM
Jeremy, Wow that is breath taking!! Jeeze. I was thinking this morning that I'm about ready to try inside out work again. (haven't since I got my new torch) Anyway, now I know I"m ready. That is just wonderful. I never thought white could be so pretty, today, you and Plato have shown me wonderful ways to use white. Did you see your ornament photo? I took a photo of it and it's posted in the Christmas Ornament exchange thread. It's really amazing. How in the world did you make the top exactly the right size for the metal cap?! I haven't been fuming much at all, tried a little today, didn't really work, then I thought, probably should fume at the end of working the piece, yes?

well, I got one of those huge liquid oxy tanks yesterday, so I won't be running out any time soon...

I'm so glad you post here, thanks.

jeremy bizzano
12-10-2003, 06:56 PM
Thanks Amoret! I actually didn't use any white for this piece at all. In fact, the only color used in this at all was some turbo cobalt to make that dividing line between the honeycomb and the dot texture on the shaft. The white color is actually all silver fume. I first flared the tubing open and then put that line of cobalt in there and dots of clear the rest of the way up. When i melted everything down those dots of clear pulled that layer of silver fume in making it look 3-D.

With the ornament, I just made the ornament on a piece of 12.7mm heavy wall blow tube. The 12.7 tube just happens :D to fit those ornament tops perfectly. I coil pot some color like I explained in the letter with my ornament and blow a bubble. After I blow the bubble I let it bench cool. Then I wrap masking tape around the blowtube as a guide for my score. I score it, break it off the tube, grind the top down a little if it's uneven or has any rough spots, and then fire polish the the edge to smooth it out again. That's about it! ;) You can see some HUGE pics of that perfume bottle on my website now. It show's all the detail. I probably should make the pics smaller really.

Catt
12-10-2003, 07:39 PM
Jeremy that is one awesome perfume bottle!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

I think I just may be that friend you were talking about...hehehe.

I'm still prying my jaw off the floor...Just gorgeous!!!

Catt

glitterbead
12-10-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by kyyardlizard
I really want it!!!! Paula

I really NEED it!!!!!

Drop Dead GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee (glass & fiber ARTIST)

DonnaBee
12-10-2003, 08:42 PM
That is *so* beautiful. Thank you so much for posting it and for describing the process.