View Full Version : 4 birds

ftb
07-25-2001, 03:54 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jul-2001/4_birds_500.jpg
Hi everyone, 8x18 watercolor
Comments please..Thank you.

Ladysue
07-25-2001, 04:32 PM
Lovely panoramic view! Blue and yellow work so well toguether!
The texture of the field is well rendered as well. And with the birds, I thisnk you've managed to make this subject very attractive. It could very easily have been boring.
Anyway good job!:D

It comes out a little dark on my computer but I think it's just because of the Scan or picture....am I right?:angel:

ftb
07-25-2001, 04:43 PM
I think you've managed to make this subject very attractive. It could very easily have been boring.
Anyway good job!:D

It comes out a little dark on my computer but I think it's just because of the Scan or picture....am I right?:angel: [/B][/QUOTE]

angel you are right the original is not as dark as shown thank you for your kind comments.. They help me more then anyone knows or maybe everyone does know that's why were all here..

ZOTMA
07-25-2001, 06:13 PM
Methinks this is my favorite of yours so far (those fish offer competition). It's all good in my eye and serves up some emotion.
Nice format, nice nice.

ftb
07-25-2001, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by ZOTMA
Methinks this is my favorite of yours so far (those fish offer competition). It's all good in my eye and serves up some emotion.
Nice format, nice nice.

I think its amazing how a small piece of paper and a few drops of color can bring up emotions, but that's what I'm looking for the ones that make a spark.. just as you all are, there's a niche we all look for that make us comfortable in how we paint it can take years to find and some never do find it...

JeanineJ
07-25-2001, 06:26 PM
Each suggestion I come up with would be a clear departure from your intention of linear simplicity! Except, something about the horizon... looks like there is a dark green line where there should be a soft, distant edge???

ftb
07-25-2001, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by JeanineJ
Each suggestion I come up with would be a clear departure from your intention of linear simplicity! Except, something about the horizon... looks like there is a dark green line where there should be a soft, distant edge???

Because this picture scanned darker, I believe that your seeing an enhanced line the picture does have a soft edge at the base of the mountain..

dornberg
07-25-2001, 11:17 PM
the birds are important, good contrast
so are the posts
and the shape of the scene
well balanced

animal
07-26-2001, 06:13 PM
:cool: I really like this painting. I especially like the way you have done the grasses and the fences and birds. I also like the colours you have used. :D

ftb
07-26-2001, 06:29 PM
Hey animal, thanks for stopping by.. glad you like it I'll keep trying I hope to get better....What are you working on now anything?

animal
07-26-2001, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by ftb
Hey animal, thanks for stopping by.. glad you like it I'll keep trying I hope to get better....What are you working on now anything?

I am not working on anything at the momet.:( :o :D