PDA

View Full Version : HELP! shipping rates to APO military address

Genie
12-08-2003, 10:55 PM
Hi.

I have a bidder who needs his painting shipped to a military APO address (I think it's in Bosnia). I can't find anything on the USPS site about the rates in such cases.

I asked at the post office today, and they said to look on the website. :-(

Anyone have an idea where to find the info? I'm afraid I've quoted too low a fee and that I may end up eating my profit.

Thanks,
Genie

Genie
12-08-2003, 10:59 PM
Never mind. I found the rates by going to the "domestic shipping" page and keying in the zip code. Of course the zip tagged it as an APO addy, which I didn't realize.

Sorry for the unnecessary thread.

Genie

tmcclary
12-08-2003, 11:03 PM
I am not sure, but I think APO address are charged as US address (since that is what they are). I mail cards to a friend in Iraq in large manila envelopes. They are 57 cents to mail, which I think is the same as mailing them anywhere in the US. I have a box weighing a couple of pounds that I am mailing to him tomorrow. If you can wait, I will tell you how much it cost to send.

champagneharley
12-10-2003, 12:34 AM
I was with the USAF based in Germany.
To mail to us there to our APO number was USA domestic rates.
(the APO is usually New York or similar, anyway, no matter where the service personnel is based)
Reason being is mail goes to an Air Base in the USA, then is sorted and sent by the forces, not by usual mail, so therefore charges are only for on USA soil as the armed forces do not charge for their part in mail delivery.
I think that still stands.
Regards,
Jillian

Genie
12-10-2003, 12:48 AM
Thank you both!

Genie