PDA

View Full Version : another c/p attempt

ShellyF
07-24-2001, 06:38 PM
this is probably my 3rd c/p (maybe 4th???). I still think I prefer graphite, but that's probably because I am not very good at c/p, yet ;) . I will keep trying it in between my graphite commissions.

MissMouse
07-24-2001, 07:14 PM
Erin how did you get the skin tones so smooth ? I am working on a picture and am having abear of a time. My first. Pam

ShellyF
07-24-2001, 07:56 PM
Pam, funny enough the tones are smooth because I was using a lesser quality pencil (col erase). I learnt about these pencils and technique in Lee Hammond's book. You can actually use a tortillon to blend it. I don't know about the archival quality of it, but it gives a nice result, however it is impossible to achieve dark tones, so I used a bit of Derwent pencils, and prismacolor for the shirt (burnished). Someday I want to be able to do good quality portraits with prismacolors, but I figure this is a good place to start. :)

Lulu
07-24-2001, 09:20 PM
Hi Erin,
You've done well:) What paper did you use?
I have, at the moment, a book from the library, Colored Pencil Portraits, Step by Step, by Ann Kullberg. It is excellent (am just about to extend my loan of it):)

TeAnne
07-24-2001, 09:30 PM
Now this is gorgeous :D WOW WOW WOW

PhilC
07-25-2001, 12:07 AM
HI Erin

Like Teanne Said "WOW WOW WOW"

"Colored Pencil Portraits, Step by Step", by Ann Kullberg
I feel is a must read for any CP artist

Really Like it

PhilC

ShellyF
07-25-2001, 09:58 AM
Thanks everyone:) I do have Ann Kullberg's book as well, but I was getting frustrated trying her techniques, so I am trying something less time consumming, 'til I get a better undertanding of colour :)

Ivyleaf
07-26-2001, 10:29 AM
Cute baby! Just makes me want to pinch his cheeks!! :)

Leaflin
07-29-2001, 05:59 PM
Good job Erin :)