PDA

View Full Version : Project Discussion: Robin Round II 2004

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Jijo
12-02-2003, 09:51 PM
Hi all,
Asked to begin a new RR, so here we are, discussing the first terms of it.
ROUND ROBIN Global Village is the First and only and of course I don't want to compite, this is just a second part.
This is called upside down on pourpose cause I made that mistake at the very beginning and all of you laugh at me, now you have to afford this and no discussion, youll be wrong from now on.

First of all: I need a partner, I did'nt made a project before and have no idea on how to start a new one.
I am not retired, have to work and a lot, so I can not pay all the attention this kind of projec deserves.
I am starting my annual holydays by Xtmas an part of Jannuary, and dont have Internet where I plan to go,
So partner will have the heavy weight... LOL

Ideas for this: my toughts
We have to invite the original team and we have to allow new participants.
Lets make two ore more teams, depending on the number of participants. You can create your team, name it, invite a few friends to form it, and allow us to incorporate some others for if someone dont have one and wants to participate.
OK, I will lead the first team, it is called "Extra Brut" (I'll explain that later) Join mine or create your own.
I think of teams of 12 members to make it quick and have bigger painting surface for each one.
Of course there will be a challenge, in terms of quality (voting) distance, and speed.
Same as the original it will travel from one to another, but each has to paint not only his part at the big sheet, but also his own interpretation on half sheet and send both to next, that way all of us will have the honour of participate and a friend's original,

that all for now.
please post comments, opinions, criticques and help me starting.

Alex

Additional Information:

For more information on the project: Click here! (http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/browse_details.php?proj_id=598)

Remember, in order to help keep the discussions on projects organized, you should post your questions, suggestions, and comments on submitted work here in this thread. By doing this, we allow other non-project efforts to not get "pushed down" by a swarm of project-related threads.

NgKK
12-02-2003, 11:07 PM
Alex, I am in !

But can't be your partner, I will be away from 13th Dec to 31st Dec ! I will be going to SFO, LA, and LV.

Will keep an eye on what's going to happen here.

Good luck ! ;)

P.S. Hopefully to be in the same group as Marvin in order to save some $ ! :D

artmom
12-03-2003, 01:25 AM
Alex, good luck! I will not be participating, but will watch with interest as the project develops.

Lyn

Bubba's Mama
12-03-2003, 06:26 AM
Alex, this sounds like such fun!! I sure wish I was good enough to play with you, but will watch and cheer you on!!

Susan

tigre255
12-03-2003, 03:48 PM
Thinking, thinking......geesh should i or shouldn't i.....what to do....what to do.....

will get back to you once my head quits spinning......http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Dec-2003/3748-tornado100100WHT.gif

:evil: :D

painterbear
12-03-2003, 04:43 PM
Alex,

I'll be very happy to be part of another Robin Round, but can't sign on to lead it at this time.

Should be fun to do again.

Sylvia

Uschi
12-03-2003, 04:58 PM
Depends on what we are painting Alex, for instance I am genuinly NOT much good at landscape. Also hate to say it, but can't be the leader either since I'll be with Fookie in Phoenix and won't have my own computer.
Uschi

M.A.
12-03-2003, 05:09 PM
I think this sounds like a GREAT IDEA!!! I especially like your idea of sending one completed piece to each other as the painting makes its rounds, a little something for everyone that way!

I'm too busy to take part right now but wish you all the best of luck in your new round robin project! :)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

laudesan
12-03-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by tigre255
Thinking, thinking......geesh should i or shouldn't i.....what to do....what to do.....

will get back to you once my head quits spinning......http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Dec-2003/3748-tornado100100WHT.gif

:evil: :D
Go for it Barb......You and Alex make such a GOOD team!!!!!!!!!

Woooooo-hooooooooooo count me in PLEASE..

Woo-hoooooooo RobinRound !! :clap:

JJ

vestalqueen
12-04-2003, 10:59 AM
Alex, I would like to participate. I lived vicariously through the last roundrobin. :D

Erin

Jijo
12-04-2003, 12:04 PM
Hi all,
few responses up to here.. is this going to fail? I'll push a bit more before.

I am glad to announce that Erin ( Vestalqueen) is going to co lead this project, Thanks Erin.

So now we need to transform this discussion in a real project to allow all project features. don't know how to do that.

Tahnk for all the responses, I wish we can create a nice and fun project

Alex

painterbear
12-04-2003, 01:11 PM
Alex and Erin,

I think once you actually get this started as a project and announce it in a thread of its own plus the Daily Wash, you will get more people who are interested in signing on.

Good going!!!

MALARKEY
12-05-2003, 08:49 PM
Alex, I will get Rod to weigh in about the new project since he was involved with the last and I just watched from the sidelines. I'll message him now. Good Luck, sandy

vestalqueen
12-06-2003, 06:11 AM
Thanks, Sandy!

Erin

Bubba's Mama
12-06-2003, 09:36 AM
Hey, Alex, you might get more response if you wait until after the Holidays to post the project. So many folks are extremely busy until the First of the year, that they might not sign up, thinking that they won't be able to do it justice.

Just a thought, and what do I know!!!:D

Susan

laudesan
12-06-2003, 09:55 AM
That could be true Susan ;).........but I for one am signing up as soon as the project is posted :D:D

JJ

Jijo
12-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Thanks Sandy, we'll be waiting rod's answer.
Thanks for the interest to actual ad future participants.
Sure we'll put this on befor Xtmas

Alex

laudesan
12-06-2003, 07:11 PM
:D:D THANK YOU ...........

Rod
12-07-2003, 05:13 AM
Alex ,
Your project has been approved and I have merged threads as you requested,

Rod

Gudrun
12-07-2003, 09:57 AM
Can anyone explain me what that is about?????I looked a little and think the idea is that everybody paints a pieve of a large painting, right?
I'm from germany , never heard about Robin round
Gudrun

Jijo
12-07-2003, 07:20 PM
Thanks Rod, well done!!!
Is it possible to put a ref or a link on the first post so people gets to the detail project page??

Gudrun, welcome to our project, you can pay a visit to the original Round Robin Project to see how it worked. As many did'n participate on that one and some of the original crew wants to continue now it is finished, we create this 2004 version to allow more participants.

Now is time to join the project, create teams and start giving ideas or preferences to begin before holydays.

Alex

laudesan
12-07-2003, 07:38 PM
Where do we sign up :) ;)???????????

vestalqueen
12-07-2003, 09:32 PM
Hi, Judy-Joy! I see you found the signup! I'm looking forward to this - I've spent too much time away from the brushes of late.

Oh, Aaaallllllleeeexxxx......

Erin:D

Rod
12-07-2003, 09:35 PM
Link has been added to first post in this thread as below which will take you to the project for signing up :)

Rod.

Additional Information:

For more information on the project: Click here! (http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/browse_details.php?proj_id=598)

laudesan
12-07-2003, 09:48 PM
:D:D Definately don't want to miss this one ;)

JJ

Felica Keech-Smith
12-07-2003, 10:21 PM
What do you think Alex... would I qualify? I would really like to know that I could contribute something nice to such a great project. I do have one question though.... on the last one each person who painting paid the shipping to the next person... right? I'm just making sure I understand.. (and.. will need to put money aside every paycheck to do this) but am more than willing if you think my level of painting skills would do.

I was quiet for the most part while lurking in the last project but enjoyed it very much. (I even had your auction saved in my favorites to see how you fared. ---couldn't afford it myself.. but.. rooted for you just the same)

I keep a watch out for your updates.

Oh... I really loved the idea of sending something extra to the next person... truly makes it personal. Only problem I don't understand is the team thing. But, I'm sure that will become more clear as it moves along.

Felica

jaytee
12-07-2003, 11:10 PM
Dangerous to commit myself to anything at 4.00am but was so sad I didnt have the courage to join the last I cant possibly miss out on this;)

Never painted even a 1/4 sheet.........but first time for everything.......... Alex , can you explain a bit more about the idea behind this............ our interpretation of what?

Does the original team want to stay together? If not, I have a mad idea.......... how about a Kington 2004 Fest team forming. the we could have a REAL photo taken of participants with th efinished product :D

Who do you envisage starting the 'big' sheets? Do you have a similar townscape in mind or what?

painterbear
12-08-2003, 05:46 AM
Gudrun, In the original Round Robin, 20 artists signed on to each paint a section of a watercolor painting that was an imaginary city with a harbor and mountains in the background. It was sent from one artist to the next as it traveled all around the world. A lot of great fun was had by all who participated and the painting sold on eBay last week for $760 (which is going to be given to Wet Canvas as the artists' contribution to keeping this fabulous site going. Do check out the original Round Robin Project thread to see the painting.

Felica, Each artist paid to send the painting along to the next artist. The painting was loose so it was easy to roll it up and put it in a shipping tube to send on its way. We just kept using the same tube, putting address labels over one another. I sent it on to Al in Arizona so it wasn't that expensive.

JayTee, Glad you feel brave enough to join in. I think you'll enjoy it. I was full of trepidation on the first one, but finally jumped in at the last minute. I'm so glad I did, it was a wonderful, heart-warming experience which actually is still on-going.

To those who think they aren't good enough to join in—balderdash, I say! You only have to paint a small portion of the painting, not the whole thing! I think everyone who comes to Wet Canvas can handle one small part—the sky, a building, a tree or shrubs, people—whatever you feel most comfortable with you can do.

I think Alex's idea of painting a second version to send on to the next person to keep is a nice touch too. Hopefully, it can be a smaller size than the original full sheet though.

imahappy
12-08-2003, 09:23 AM
Sylvia - you sure are up early!

I read the entire thread, but still don't know what the subject of this RR will be. Can someone enlighten me? Would be thrilled to be a part if I can paint the subject you are going for.

leverettfinn
12-08-2003, 10:12 AM
I signed up...loved watching the last one....love the 2nd version idea!

Lauren

pampe
12-08-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by jaytee
Dangerous to commit myself to anything at 4.00am but was so sad I didnt have the courage to join the last I cant possibly miss out on this;)

Never painted even a 1/4 sheet.........but first time for everything.......... Alex , can you explain a bit more about the idea behind this............ our interpretation of what?

Does the original team want to stay together? If not, I have a mad idea.......... how about a Kington 2004 Fest team forming. the we could have a REAL photo taken of participants with th efinished product :D

Who do you envisage starting the 'big' sheets? Do you have a similar townscape in mind or what?

Janet

I think your idea for a KINGTON project is excellent and should be a separate idea

Let's ponder this and come up with something.....

Pam

Jijo
12-08-2003, 12:12 PM
Hi and welcome to the participant inscribed
Thanks Janet, JJ, Lauren, KK, Sylvia and Erin,
I have to look for some guys also so team are mixed.

Don't know what a Kington project is but do whatever you can to join IRL, we, whom live far just car imagine this kind of virtual meetings.

Come on all, dont want to hear about fear to personal skills or that stuff, this is just for fun, and you'll learn a lot from others, and lots of support and friendly will be given to you,

Ursula, no subjects decided, the idea is to make comfortable all, or at least take it as a challenge to your skills.

the teams point can also helt to join the subject best fit to your skills, might be there are a big flowre bouquet for you, aZoo for the animal lovers and a cityscape for the techniciaans...

Please invite your friends to be part of this.
Alex

Yorky
12-08-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by pampe

Janet

I think your idea for a KINGTON project is excellent and should be a separate idea

Let's ponder this and come up with something.....

Pam

I agree - see the UK get-together thread

Doug

Edit: BTW Alex, I'll pass on this one - let's give someone else a chance to participate.

Doug

Gudrun
12-08-2003, 02:44 PM
Shall I join????Did only a few watercolors..and what the hell is a kington???Tell that a german woman without englsih knowledge!!!!
Gosh...I join...
Gudrun

seedy
12-08-2003, 03:06 PM
So, sounds like this is getting to be a team contest...all over the world? I'd rather see it passed from country to country just because we will eliminate the "contest" thing.
Being new to the site, I'm assuming this gets passed along to the next nearest artist.
What happened to the first RR. Get raffled off and money to a 'good cause"?
Brian

vestalqueen
12-08-2003, 03:37 PM
Hi, Brian. Alex wanted to have some discussion up front about the way this robin should work. I believe some teams will be formed in order to let more people participate. I'd say any and all ideas are open for consideration at this point.

The Global Village roundrobin was auctioned on eBay for $760.00 which will be donated to WetCanvas. There are prints available (both paper and canvas giclees) as well as posters. If you look here (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=146861&s=) you'll be able to read all the details.

Erin

seedy
12-08-2003, 04:18 PM
Thanks Erin...
The artists and all those connected must be very proud of their accomplishment. Brian

Uschi
12-08-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Gudrun
Shall I join????Did only a few watercolors..and what the hell is a kington???Tell that a german woman without englsih knowledge!!!!
Gosh...I join...
Gudrun

Hi Gudrun!!! I am originally from Austria, but my German is about as good as your English HA! I left Austria when I was 19 and I am almost 65 now.

Anyway, I saw that you have alredy joined - good for you!!!!! Kingston is a place in England where a group of people from WetCanvas are planning to meet in 2004.

If you go to the General Forum here
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=106

and then look for UK Get-together in 2004, you can read all about it. A lot of people have become very friendly here on WetCanvas. You might also want to check in in the Daily wash, also in the General Forum.

Uschi

jaytee
12-08-2003, 06:09 PM
thanks for explaining Uschi :)

Gudrun.......... only a hop over the channel for you ;)

DUH!!!!! Ive only just this minute realised what Alex was talking about...........realised its a ROBIN ROUND rather than a round robin :D :D :D :D

Jijo
12-08-2003, 06:10 PM
Welcome Brian Gudrun and Felica,
Oh Doug, what a pity not counting you in... think it twice???
Pam? we'll love youur participation not only as advisor...
ursula, I understand your limitations (LOL) we'll wait for you and Fookie too. BTW... nice trip, three months WOW.

Ideas: we'll like to hear yours, for the newbies... think of an entire sheet, divided in lets say twelve sections, not necessary equal in shape and a sector at bottom for signatures.
Any subject allowed, in my mind... some kind of landscape or cityscape, but many other subjects might fit, a big still life plenty of fruits, big flower bouquet, a zoo for the animalist, or a footbal team for portrait lovers, come on, press your brains.

want to lead your own team? just say, name it and invite your partners.

Alex

Strawberry Wine
12-08-2003, 07:18 PM
Hi Jijo: I am balancing on the top of the fence and wondering which way i will fall .. Yes or No to signing on for the project.

First of all, I am not quite understanding the "team thing"

In the round -robin 2003, was not an initial sketch made and then everyone painted their section????? Will this be continued.?

Not quite understanding the 1/4 or half sheet that also goes to the next person.

Will this Round Robin also be auctioned off on EBay and the proceeds going to Wet Canvas? If so, I would like to see a continuation of the same process of the first one and perhaps it could become an annual event.

I am not usually so easily confused but ........... must be the season :) :) :)

Looking forward to hearing from you

Gail

EDIT: What the heck, I've jumped in and will work out all the details later. Hope I am not in over my head:D

This is very scary :eek:

laudesan
12-08-2003, 07:31 PM
Good for you Gail......But I would also like to know more about what is on Alex's mind...I have the same questions running around my mind ??

JJ

Strawberry Wine
12-08-2003, 08:18 PM
Thanks for your confidence Judy. I still say very scary indeed. :eek:

Gail

laudesan
12-08-2003, 08:38 PM
I want to know how you are going to get this "team" to work on one of the 12 sections...A full sheet isn't that big really if you divide it into 12......and you want several people to work on one of those 12 sections, seems to me we will be putting in a brush stroke each.......:(

JJ

Jijo
12-08-2003, 09:35 PM
Explanation about team:
The original RR left some people ouside due to a number of participants limitation ( otherwise each section would have been very little), as many wants to continue that fabulous experience and we dont want to limitate I've tought about forming teams.
I think 12 members will work fine for each team.
Each team has a leader to coordinate and followtrogh the work.
Each team will have their own full sheet.
Each team will have their own subject. Not the same as others team, or yes.
Each team (leader or starter) buys the full sheet and draw the general sketch (as RR I)
Each member paints his 1/12 section on the full sheet.
and each member paints his own entire version on a half sheet.
Package both together and send to the next one of his team, paying the postal cost.
Next one recives the package, surprise!!! the half sheet is for him, he can frame and hang it.
Paints his own 1/12 of the full , another entire personal version on half sheet, package, pays, post.
and so on,.

At the end we will have so many full sheet paints as teams inscribed. And each participant owns his present from a friend framed and hanging..

Auction at Ebuy worked fantastic on the original one (buahhhh... not for me....)
I dont know if having several (one for each team) will work the same.
Proceeds going to WetCanvas! is of course a nice idea, My personal feeling is that they deserve that cause they made possible us to join, or else we can give it to any charity pourpose. Bassically I dont want this as a members profit paint.
Copyright belong to the team participants.

Uffff, big effort for a spaniard talking guy.
Alex

vestalqueen
12-08-2003, 10:28 PM
But a good reply! Alex, you did well!

Erin

laudesan
12-09-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Jijo
Explanation about team:
The original RR left some people ouside due to a number of participants limitation ( otherwise each section would have been very little), as many wants to continue that fabulous experience and we dont want to limitate I've tought about forming teams.
Each team (leader or starter) buys the full sheet and draw the general sketch (as RR I)
Package both together and send to the next one of his team, paying the postal cost.
Next one recives the package, surprise!!! the half sheet is for him, he can frame and hang it.
Paints his own 1/12 of the full , another entire personal version on half sheet, package, pays, post.
and so on,.

At the end we will have so many full sheet paints as teams inscribed. And each participant owns his present from a friend framed and hanging..

Auction at Ebuy worked fantastic on the original one (buahhhh... not for me....)
Proceeds going to WetCanvas! is of course a nice idea, My personal feeling is that they deserve that cause they made possible us to join, or else we can give it to any charity pourpose. Bassically I dont want this as a members profit paint.

Alex

I STILL don't get it :D:D:D DUH!!

painterbear
12-09-2003, 04:04 AM
JJ,

Alex is trying to allow more people to participate by basically having more than one painting being done and teams of 12 working on each one. Depending on the number who sign up, you might have 1, 2, or even 3 teams. (The original Round Robin consisted of 20 artists.)

The team leader would purchase a full sheet of watercolor paper and draw an outline of whatever subject the team decided to do—not too detailed to leave room for each artist to add his or her interpretation. After painting one section, it would be sent on to the next artist. In the Round Robin we decided to do a cityscape with harbor and mountains. Each artist decided on the style of building or landscape section he or she wanted to paint within the outline.

In order to have more than one artist wind up with a finished painting at the end of the Robin Round, Alex has come up with a new idea. In addition to painting a section of the large picture, each artist would paint an interpretation of the theme in a smaller version (1/4 — 1/2 sheet). Both would be sent on to the next artist; however, that artist would keep the smaller version as his or her own copy and add one for the next artist in line to keep. Naturally, these would all be different from the master sheet since we would be finishing them, not just doing a section.

I hope I've gotten it right. Alex, tell me if I have botched up the idea, please.

;) :p

laudesan
12-09-2003, 04:09 AM
O.K. Got that.....so there will be more than one painting finished..

That was the part that unstuck me :p So depending on how many teams, is how many complete paintings :)

JJ

jaytee
12-09-2003, 06:02 AM
A great idea in principle.................... in practice I wonder if....

1)enough 'leaders' will appear brave enough to draft a drawing on the first sheet

2) how each group will agree on a theme............. personally I think Id back out of a 'Bouquet' group :D Wouldnt be wild about animals either...........:eek:

I did have an idea about a garden with buildings and structures and ornaments and plants and flowers and water features even pets and people for the UK meet up which might be a bit ambitious for that but might work for this? It would give a wide range of talents a bit more scope perhaps than a bouquet..............

Though Im sure we have enough Floral artists to make a magnificent bouquet of macro blooms :)

Strawberry Wine
12-09-2003, 08:24 AM
Thank you Jajo and Sylvia for answering my questions.

Jaytee: Your idea for one of the themes sounds like a good one.

Perhaps once all the participants have signed up we could have a few ideas or little sketches drawn up and we could as individual artists sign up under a particular drawing that fits within our comfort zone. Just thinking out loud ......

Gail

vestalqueen
12-09-2003, 08:27 AM
Gail, I think that sounds like a good idea. I was having some difficulty grasping the team concept as well. I think I get it now.:D

Not a contest, but an opportunity for more to participate.

Erin

jaytee
12-09-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Strawberry Wine
Thank you Jajo and Sylvia for answering my questions.

Jaytee: Your idea for one of the themes sounds like a good one.

Perhaps once all the participants have signed up we could have a few ideas or little sketches drawn up and we could as individual artists sign up under a particular drawing that fits within our comfort zone. Just thinking out loud ......

Gail

Your outloud thinking sounds good to me :D

vestalqueen
12-09-2003, 11:32 AM
That's sort of what Alex has in mind for the teams. Not a competition, but an opportunity for more people to participate and have a little more room to paint.

Erin

Jijo
12-09-2003, 11:57 AM
Thanks Silvia for the english translation. Neither Erin my partner understands me... LOL

Yep Gail. that is the idea.

Jaytree, your idea sound good for a sketch, why dont you post one?

ALex

seedy
12-09-2003, 02:48 PM
Sounds like its coming togeather...but I'm damn sure I ain't painting no ladder on a wall:)
Oops, thats another subject...;-D
Just curious....Sign up part of a painting...first come first serve?
Will do a small sketch and you guys can approve it before doing a big one?
Brian

vestalqueen
12-09-2003, 03:18 PM
The last robin was divided into sections with an overall theme (global village) determined beforehand. I think that's what we were aiming for this time as well. People chose the areas they painted (of course, the further down the line you are, the less there are to choose from). I'm glad Jaytee mentioned the floral idea, for example (my interests lie there as well). Alex, I'm certain, is thinking of something more landscape or architecture oriented. The bottom line is that any and all ideas are welcome to be discussed at this point. Whoever the lucky participants are who start the robin will get to supply paper and initial layout.

Erin:D

painterbear
12-09-2003, 03:56 PM
Jaytee and Brian, would love to see your ideas sketched out…and anyone else's for that matter.

We went through quite a few ideas before settling on the one we finally did when RR I was getting started.

jaytee
12-09-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by painterbear
Jaytee and Brian, would love to see your ideas sketched out…and anyone else's for that matter.

We went through quite a few ideas before settling on the one we finally did when RR I was getting started.

THAT will have to wait a few weeks :D

vestalqueen
12-09-2003, 07:02 PM
I think that's actually the intent, Jaytee. I know Alex has plans for the holidays - and I've got to recover from final-exam-brain-death.:D

I know many people are too, too busy at present. I would like to set a potential deadline for signing up - Say sometime like January 10 or so - then we can form teams and go to town with the new project.

In the interim, we can discuss potential subject matter, iron out the wrinkles, (lord knows I have a few that could go), etc.

Erin

jaytee
12-09-2003, 07:30 PM
Erin.......... I suspect some wont sign up till they know what the subject matter is to be...............;) Jan 10th seems a tad early for me to wake from hibernation :D

Strawberry Wine
12-09-2003, 08:08 PM
Hi All:

I just went back to check on the project description and I do think there should be a cut off date for signing up and /or a maximum participant level. Right now both are open ended. If you are thinking of teams of 12, then perhaps it should be 36 or 48 participants. ( 3 or 4 paintings) A cut off date for signing up say mid to end of January. Thinking aloud again and my opinion only

Gail

laudesan
12-09-2003, 08:18 PM
I agree Gail, I did mention this to Alex as well earlier ;)

JJ

vestalqueen
12-09-2003, 09:06 PM
So, do we have concensus on a mid-January cut-off point? Does anyone violently disagree?

I was also thinking that we might handle the subject matter similarly to how they did the reference photos for the Challenge project. Folks could work up a prototype of their ideas for the group review and we could vote on the candidates. What are your feelings on that approach? We could perhaps set a deadline for submissions around the end of January. Maybe.

Erin

Jijo
12-09-2003, 09:46 PM
I agree there might be a time limit to join due to start some day...
But dislike the number of participants limit just to allow everybody join the project,

I`ll be out from Dec 20th up to Jan 5th, without Internet connection ( thanks GOD, that is part of vacation..) But Erin is doing a great job, so I leave very "tranquilo"

Alex

Bubba's Mama
12-10-2003, 09:32 AM
OK, I give up. This does sound too good to pass up. I chickened out on the original Elephant, and have decided that I don't want to miss this. May be the last one!! So, with apologies in advance to my team members, I AM IN!!

Susan

Bubba's Mama
12-10-2003, 09:33 AM
Well, I'll be dipped! That was my 1000th post, and now I am a Minion!

WOOT!!

So, does this mean I can paint better now?????:evil:

Susan

vestalqueen
12-10-2003, 09:34 AM
Yay, Susan! No apologies necessary. And Minionhood means you don't have to apologize for anything.:D

Erin

Jijo
12-10-2003, 10:04 AM
congrats Susan for the Minionstuff and welcome aboard.. this is for fun we are sure youll fit perfect here
ALex

Gudrun
12-10-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Bubba's Mama
Well, I'll be dipped! That was my 1000th post, and now I am a Minion!

WOOT!!

So, does this mean I can paint better now?????:evil:

Susan

Susan...you are fun....you are interested in here..thats really ok...I think it doesn't matter how good one can paint..everybody is an artist..important is the idea to be together..
....by the way Susan...today Larry Whitler from WOCA recived 50 christmas cards from me....to sell...
Today I thought about the fact that I met so much people here since I know wetcanvas...Do you know..sometimes I think I'm not a german....there is no comparable thing in Germany like wetcanvas...I love to be there because you all are uncomplicated...I never found that at german pages
Gudrun

vestalqueen
12-10-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Gudrun

...I love to be there because you all are uncomplicated...I never found that at german pages
Gudrun

Gudrun - that's us! Simple-minded!

:D :D :D

Erin

painterbear
12-10-2003, 05:30 PM
:D :cat: :clap:

That's us all right! LOL!

Bubba's Mama
12-10-2003, 06:34 PM
Gudrun - you should think of yourself as a woman of the world!! Sort of a cross between Marlene Deitrich and Lauren Bacall! I imagine a husky voice, lilting accent (tough to do in German!) long trenchcoat, and leading 2 Borzoi on a common leash!!

No wonder I get in trouble!!!:D

Thanks the warm welcome and encouragement, all.

Susan

CharM
12-10-2003, 07:33 PM
Alex and Erin, I've been lurking in this thread ever since you proposed the idea (and Erin accepted co-leader)... I've been tossing it back and forth... I can't stand it anymore and I'm going to sign up... joining the simple minded!!! :D :D :D

Susan... you are already a good painter!

vestalqueen
12-10-2003, 07:46 PM
Yay, Char! We're in the process of writing up the project description where it's a little more clear. I think everyone is pretty much slammed for the holiday period - and I know it's "oh, gosh! another commitment!" for folks now (okay, I lied - it's like that for me), but what the hey! Let's all be overextended together! AND simple minded! Remember that song, "It's a gift to be simple"?

Erin:D :D :D

Strawberry Wine
12-10-2003, 08:26 PM
Yeah Susan and Char have joined the ranks of the simple minded. congrats on minion hood Susan .

Of course it means you can paint better Susan

:D one smidge better than yesterday and a smidge less than tomorrow. and so on and so on.........

Gail

Jijo
12-10-2003, 08:52 PM
Hi Char, welcome!!! glad to see you join us for this new comunity project, hope to see your ideas for this second edition

Alex
13 little indians now, time to complete a second team.

Jijo
12-10-2003, 08:57 PM
Welcome Nina , now there are 14 little simple mind indians, enogh for a seven aside rugby competition, need some more for a world wide global.
Alex

laudesan
12-10-2003, 09:29 PM
Alex :D

Susan I nearly missed minionship :eek: ;)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Dec-2003/22284-dancing_smarties_and_balloon.gif

CONGRATULATIONS

leojacko
12-10-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Jijo
Welcome Nina , now there are 14 little simple mind indians, enogh for a seven aside rugby competition, need some more for a world wide global.
Alex

Thanks for the welcome Alex,

Rugby.... hmmmm ...

Think we've heard a lot about that here in the UK just lately .

:D :D :D

Leo [Nina]
:cat:

Bubba's Mama
12-11-2003, 06:22 AM
Thanks Char & Gail - everyday a little better is all I ask for!!

JJ - couldn't keep up with you in a month of Sundays! Girlfriend, you can TALK!!!:evil:

And we love every minute of it!!

Susan

laudesan
12-11-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Bubba's Mama
Thanks Char & Gail - everyday a little better is all I ask for!!

JJ - couldn't keep up with you in a month of Sundays! Girlfriend, you can TALK!!!:evil:

And we love every minute of it!!

Susan

Not when I am sleeping ;) :D

pinkbubelz
12-16-2003, 05:18 PM
I hope that you will accept relative newbies to water colors as well... I'm more of an oils and acrylics person, but I'm sure I can muster up something in water colors as well!

WC gets me so inspired... I can see myself getting overloaded very easily!

And, I think this is an awesome idea for a project--I have a community group I'm currently working with to do some ideas for a community center. I really like the "round robin" idea as a way to raise funds for the community.... :-)

I may have to adapt it and try it out with some local artists!

--Iris

vestalqueen
12-16-2003, 06:33 PM
Welcome aboard, Iris! And welcome to the watercolor forum, as well. I think you'll find us to be a friendly group - it's sort of a little (well, not so little) family here. All with that errant "got to paint" gene. :D

Erin

h20color
12-17-2003, 01:21 AM
I would love to be a part of this exciting project. Sign me up and let me know what I need to do and when.

Do you have a theme yet? This is so exciting!

Marilyn

Jijo
12-17-2003, 10:23 AM
welcome Iris and Marilyn, thanks for joining the project.
As a collaborative project we will be glad to hear your ideas about it,
Alex

Jijo
01-07-2004, 06:31 PM
Hi partners, back from part of my summer vacation, I'll be home up to Jan 15. My apologizes for this absences but I enjoy family vacation times. As I see we are 16 up to now, welcome the new ones!!!!! but I wish we can join 4 more fellows so we can complete two 10 members teams, or more to have more fun.
Time to start discussing subjects, seems to be two proposals: a cityscape (in the RR I style) and a flower bouquet for the more sensitive ones...
Also it is important to know each one location to plan the trips.
and hope to have your collaboration to make this work and have a friendly project.

ALex
Buenos Aires, Argentina, yes, far away

laudesan
01-07-2004, 11:16 PM
Alex, this is getting really exciting.. I like the idea of something similar to the first RR..

So we have..

Flowers

Villiage

What about?

seaside scene..

or a rural scene..

predominantly city scene..

leverettfinn
01-08-2004, 06:57 AM
Hi and Happy New Year!
I like to paint buildings and flowers or whatever you come up with so ....I will paint whatever you put me in! I'm just happy to be part of the project.:) (You could call me easy going, or wishy washy, or the one who hates to decide or lead)

Lauren
Oxford Michigan,USA

ArcticRose
01-09-2004, 12:45 AM
I'm feeling really tempted by this, but have that horrible fear of messing up. I'm still not quite sure. :(

pinkbubelz
01-09-2004, 02:12 AM
Hi and Happy New Year!
I like to paint buildings and flowers or whatever you come up with so ....I will paint whatever you put me in! I'm just happy to be part of the project.:) (You could call me easy going, or wishy washy, or the one who hates to decide or lead)

Lauren
Oxford Michigan,USA

Hey Lauren!
I'm in the Detroit Area as well!

Maybe we can do a "live" hand-off of the round robin painting?

Perhaps we can add a little bit of the Great Lakes State into the painting?

I know this is supposed to be a water color project, but would there be any possibility of doing a bit of mixed media? Perhaps add some acrylics or goauche (sp?) or watercolor pencils or other medium in among the water color (maybe a touch of a collage)? Just wondering....

Also, is there any kind of specific color theme? or just whatever color "comes to mind" or blends in with the others?

i.e. maybe 1 painting can be a bright colored one and the other with muted colors? (I'm a bright color person, myself... :-) )

:-)

--Iris

painterbear
01-09-2004, 04:31 AM
I'm feeling really tempted by this, but have that horrible fear of messing up. I'm still not quite sure. :(

Anita,

I hope you will get over that fear and join in, I've seen your work and you'll do just great.

I felt like you when the original Round Robin was proposed and I hesitated and hesitated as the slots filled up. Finally, I decided to take the plunge and joined in. I was so glad I did, it turned into one of my best experiences for 2003!

Be brave and sign up. I know you'll enjoy the experience.

leverettfinn
01-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Come on Anita....do what I do....leap .....THEN look!

Iris! hi fellow Michigander! where are you...downtown?

Lauren

Felica Keech-Smith
01-09-2004, 01:35 PM

yes 'em... you're gonna leap! :D (You REALLY will do great Anita!)... and... I have the fear on every painting I do... so.. I do understand!

Felica

ArcticRose
01-09-2004, 01:36 PM
Thanks Sylvia and Lauren. :) You're right...I shouldn't let fear get in the way. I'll give it a go! Thanks for the push.

ArcticRose
01-09-2004, 01:44 PM
Thanks Felica! :) You must have snuck in while I was typing.

Yeah, failing with your own piece is alot easier than considering failure on a piece for someone else.
My only other question is about the quarter sheet painting. I'm not sure I understand that part completely. :confused:

Jijo
01-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Hi Anita, welcome abroad, We are sure you're going to have a good time here.

About the quarter sheet... The idea is that each one has to paint not only his part in the big painting but also a quarter sheet with his own version of the whole painting, send them togheter to the next one, the quarter is e present. So at the end all will have another´s original version of the project.
If someone can put that in english ... welcomed... LOL... where is Erin?

17 up to now...we need more participants, invite your WC's friends, the more we are, the funniest.

ArcticRose
01-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Thank you Alex. Now I do understand! That makes sense. We have to paint a quarter sheet of our own version of the entire painting. I'm in trouble if there's alot of water involved. :eek:
Thanks for clarifying that for me.

How many more people are needed?

taghera
01-10-2004, 12:49 AM
Thank you Alex. Now I do understand! That makes sense. We have to paint a quarter sheet of our own version of the entire painting. I'm in trouble if there's alot of water involved. :eek:
Thanks for clarifying that for me.

How many more people are needed?

If Anita's in this...I am as well..... :D

ArcticRose
01-10-2004, 12:58 AM

:D

:clap: :clap:

Welcome aboard Hugh!

maryrose
01-10-2004, 01:56 PM
Hi Alex....I'd like to join..... if you are accepting enthusiastic beginners :D ..

Starsprite
01-10-2004, 02:02 PM

:clap: :clap:

Welcome aboard Hugh!

Hey if Hugh is in........... I may probably hopefully join too... :)

I got my poster of the previous Round Robin a week or so ago and it's great!! What a great bunch of artists that participated!! Which is why.... I am a little afraid to sign up for the new Round Robin as I'm not sure I am of the same caliber artist as the previous round robin artists were/are. LOL!! I think it sounds like a lot of fun though!! And I am giving some thought about joining this one. How long do we have to make a decision about joining and is there a limit to the number of participants? Looks like it's filling up pretty fast to me.

Starsprite
01-10-2004, 02:07 PM
Hi Alex....I'd like to join..... if you are accepting enthusiastic beginners :D ..

Hey Mary...if you join I will too!! :)

ArcticRose
01-10-2004, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=Starsprite]Hey if Hugh is in........... I may probably hopefully join too... :)

I may
probably
hopefully... join in too.

Don't be so pushy about joining Patty. :D :p lol

Gudrun
01-10-2004, 02:14 PM
Where can I get a poster from the first Round Robin????? I'd like to have one...so badly!!!
Gudrun

maryrose
01-10-2004, 02:14 PM
So it's settled....hopefully we're probably ALL IN!! :D

Starsprite
01-10-2004, 02:21 PM
So it's settled....hopefully we're probably ALL IN!! :D

It's probably settled Mary...we'll see hopefully! LOL :) :clap:

ArcticRose
01-10-2004, 02:23 PM
Here's the site for ordering the posters...

http://ec-securehost.com/ArtistPrintshop/Global_Village.html

Welcome Mary and hopefully, maybe Patty! :clap: :clap:

Jijo
01-10-2004, 03:34 PM
welcome Hugh, I love your humor sense at the challenges, hope you add not only your artistic skills but also a lot of fun to our project.
Welcome Mary (RS) and Patty, great project adquisitions too.
My screes says there are still 17 members when it is suposeed now we have to be 20? or you have not join yet????

Now we are 20 little simple mind indians we can start a two team challenge, but as we see a lot of new interest lets wait up to Jan 15th as announced to close the inscription, there is no limit to number of participants cause we are going to make as much teams as necessary.

Erin?? whre is the co leader... I need some help!!!!

I started sending PM to each one asking for complete name. email and postal adress to coordinate the best trip, but as that way seems to be a bit slow lets use this thread way, if you dont wan to make that public just mail or PM me. Thanks

Alex

Starsprite
01-10-2004, 03:43 PM
Ohhh okay....I haven't actually joined yet Jijo...but I will as soon as Mary and Hugh join. :D :evil:

NgKK
01-10-2004, 07:35 PM
Hi ! Everybody. I just got back from my US vacation. Lost touch with what is happening here. Will try to catch up as much as I can.

Alex, I will PM you my details.

Thanks.

laudesan
01-10-2004, 07:50 PM
Hi KK where did you go?????? have you got pics' :D

NgKK
01-10-2004, 08:09 PM
Hi JJ,
I just got back from San Francisco, Houston and LV.
Yes! I have got pix, but my great hubby is busy at work ever since our return, will have to wait for him to down load all digi pix for me. (Am bad at computer)
I will be posting them soooon ! Hopefully they can be used in this RR II ! :p

taghera
01-10-2004, 08:14 PM
Hey if Hugh is in........... I may probably hopefully join too... :)

Oh come on Patty...It'll be fun!!!!!!....I take it the "Mary" your speaking off is Mary Smith???? :clap: :clap: :clap: if so....I'll see what I can do...LOL...

Starsprite
01-10-2004, 08:19 PM
Well..well....I guess I have no excuse now. :eek:

Noooooo...I wasn't referring to your "wife" Mary, I was talking about
Mary RS. BUT.....it would be very nice to have Mary Smith in this also...so go and bug her. :angel: :) You are very good at that! :evil: :angel: :)

ArcticRose
01-10-2004, 10:07 PM
lol...I see Mary Smith signed up too! Welcome Mary!! :D

tigre255
01-11-2004, 09:16 AM
Yeah Hugh is good at bugging people.......he bugged me to join in.....so guess i'm in too.......so there wee irishman....... :evil: :evil:

Jijo
01-11-2004, 10:06 AM
WOW, it is moving fast now... thanks to Hugh? if that 's the case... thank you very much, not only atristic experience and humoe but also a magnetic power!!!!
Also like to see Barb here to colaborate with the animations team.
Thanks the Marys for joining, a pitty MaryAnn is`nt here ( yet)
and all the others of course ( sorry I dont get their names at hand..)
Hi KK nice to see you again, you have to push Marvin to join this...
And Doug, we count you in for sure, some dandelions must be added to the sketch...

Alex

maryrose
01-11-2004, 10:26 AM
lol...I see Mary Smith signed up too! Welcome Mary!! :D

COOL!! The more the Marier :D :D

Sue Galos
01-11-2004, 01:59 PM
"I'm in, I'm in!" she yells , elbowing her way through the crowd!
I just found this again and read the whole thread - this sounds like fun, and it will be good for my "sense of humour" development ( I'm a bit slow sometimes)as well as my painting growth ... I'm really glad I wasn't too late to join!! Thanks Alex.

Sue

Mary Smith
01-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Yes it is true, I am in for this one. Waving hello to Patty, Anita and Mary RS!
Hugh has a magnetic power?????? LOL! Let the games begin..... :D

tigre255
01-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Yes it is true, I am in for this one. Waving hello to Patty, Anita and Mary RS!
Hugh has a magnetic power?????? LOL! Let the games begin..... :D

Hello Mary Smith.......lol I'm playing too....... :eek:

Mary Smith
01-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Oh Howdy Barb! Missed you in this crowd, where is the bar?? LOL!

tigre255
01-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Oh Howdy Barb! Missed you in this crowd, where is the bar?? LOL!
LOL thats oh right.......I blend in with the crowds easy.......until i want noticed........ :D

Glad to have you aboard.......

tigre255
01-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Alex;.......I'll be glad to head a team.....now who would like to be on my team.......... :D :D

taghera
01-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Alex;.......I'll be glad to head a team.....now who would like to be on my team.......... :D :D

I'll be there Barb.....and also I would like to have Mary Smith in the same group if I could do that on her behalf.......(hope thats ok with you Mary)

Jijo
01-11-2004, 11:21 PM
25 simpleminded little indians and growing....
welcome to all new ones.

Barb ( tigre) is leading a new team, now we have 3:
mine ( ExtraBrut) abuilding cityscape subject.
Erin and her flower bouquet lovers...no named yet
Barb ( named BET???) no subject decided yet.
5 new members have to be captured ( 4 assuming Doug will be in if necessary)

it is moving fast now, erin where are you???
Alex

tigre255
01-11-2004, 11:23 PM
Alex.....we'll be doing a landscape i'm sure...... :rolleyes:

laudesan
01-11-2004, 11:47 PM
I will be in Barbs team PLEASE!!! :D

Do I have to sign anywhere special for this???

tigre255
01-11-2004, 11:52 PM
I will be in Barbs team PLEASE!!! :D

Do I have to sign anywhere special for this???
welcome aboard JJ....glad to have you........ :clap: :clap:

laudesan
01-11-2004, 11:55 PM
Thanks Barb :) .......Thanks Tag ;)

Felica Keech-Smith
01-12-2004, 12:08 AM
Barb... I'm surprised you didn't think of an animal menagerie or something...lol.. it could SORT of be like a Noah's ark type thing with the animals typical of a person's area of you wanted. (I mean, you ARE one of (if not THE) premier animal portrait painter around here! :D

Felica

ArcticRose
01-12-2004, 12:58 AM
Barb... I'm surprised you didn't think of an animal menagerie or something...lol.. it could SORT of be like a Noah's ark type thing with the animals typical of a person's area of you wanted. (I mean, you ARE one of (if not THE) premier animal portrait painter around here! :D

Felica

That's a clever suggestion Felica. It would open up a third catagory for those who don't prefer landscapes or flowers. Or maybe a compromise of a landscape with animals instead of buildings? Oh well, we'll see.

tigre255
01-12-2004, 07:42 AM

Felica

Well there's nothing to say that there wont be animals in the painting........ :D for those that can paint them.......maybe a dear or a horse in a pasture......the list can go on and on......we'll see what happens....... :evil:

maryrose
01-12-2004, 07:57 AM
Hmmm....I really loved JT's idea of a garden scene...with fountains, statuary, peoples, pets, etcetc....anybody pursuing that idea???

vestalqueen
01-12-2004, 09:45 AM
Hi, Gang! I'm right here! Sorry for that little absence - I had to get some work-related projects out of the way while school was out. Classes started back today, and my life is back in order (well, sort of).

I haven't been getting any notification for updates to this thread. Must be a feature of the new software.

So many new painters! Wow!

Erin

ArcticRose
01-12-2004, 11:21 AM
Animals do sound like fun. After just seeing Gaka's animal portrait I'm even more tempted.

A garden scene sounds great too MaryRS..so many things you can put in a garden. :)

ArcticRose
01-12-2004, 11:29 AM
Welcome Marvin! :)

Felica Keech-Smith
01-12-2004, 11:34 AM
Well, I'm already a part of Alex's team doing buildings as I'm really new to animals, flowers, & landscapes. But, it was just strange how I could see this picture in my head of all these great animals. This really is going to get "interesting" as we start discussing all of the different teams efforts...lol

Felica

Starsprite
01-12-2004, 12:01 PM
Hey, Welcome Marvin and Sue Galos! This is going to be fun with the different groups. Well, I would like to be in the group that does a landscape...as I'm not very good at all with animals but I do like flowers, so maybe a landscape that could have some flowers in it? :)

maryrose
01-12-2004, 12:17 PM
:clap: YAY :clap: Marvin and Sue are painting, too!! Are we 3 teams??
Are these the themes we're considering?

cityscape
landscape w/animals
bouquet
Garden w/ statuary, flora, fauna
animal composition

Lulu
01-12-2004, 01:38 PM

Me! please? :D

Lulu
01-12-2004, 01:45 PM

So are you out now I'm in???? :D :evil: :p

Starsprite
01-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Hey Lulu's in! Cool!! I would like to join your team too Barb..... since it is a landscape and may possibly have flowers and or animals. We can each pick what part of the drawing we want to paint right? Do you do the main drawing then? If so...I would not want to be you!! LOL...I'll be happy just to paint a part.. :)

Gudrun
01-12-2004, 02:06 PM
I would like to do something with flowers, a bouquet...landscape is also ok, not matter who will lead the team
Gudrun

Jijo
01-12-2004, 02:39 PM
welcome Lulu, welcome Sue, welcome Marvin!!!!!!
27, nice number, three 9 members teams and growing.
1) Barbs team is for landscapers has 4 members ( tag, Mary Smith, JJ and Barb)

2) Jijo's for builders two members( Felica and me)
3) Erin´s flower bouquet

Time to make your choice, try to think on the trip so each team has people from America (a lot) Europe and Asia/ Oceania

Alex
remember to send me your detailed info, those who had not yet...

tigre255
01-12-2004, 02:43 PM
Hey Lulu's in! Cool!! I would like to join your team too Barb..... since it is a landscape and may possibly have flowers and or animals. We can each pick what part of the drawing we want to paint right? Do you do the main drawing then? If so...I would not want to be you!! LOL...I'll be happy just to paint a part.. :)

LOL yeah i do the main drawing........ :eek: :rolleyes: sweating that...... :rolleyes:

Ok that makes : me, taghera, lulu, starsprite, mary smith (of course i haven't hear from her yet) and JJ. Still need four........ :music: :music:

Lulu
01-12-2004, 04:11 PM
Ok that makes : me, taghera, lulu, starsprite, mary smith (of course i haven't hear from her yet) and JJ. Still need four........ :music: :music:

What a team.................... lol do you think we'll get any painting done???? hehehe

tigre255
01-12-2004, 04:16 PM
What a team.................... lol do you think we'll get any painting done???? hehehe

Only if we can keep wee tagster in line........ :D :evil: :evil: :D :music:

vestalqueen
01-12-2004, 04:24 PM
welcome Lulu, welcome Sue, welcome Marvin!!!!!!
27, nice number, three 9 members teams and growing.
1) Barbs team is for landscapers has 4 members ( tag, Mary Smith, JJ and Barb)

2) Jijo's for builders two members( Felica and me)
3) Erin´s flower bouquet

Time to make your choice, try to think on the trip so each team has people from America (a lot) Europe and Asia/ Oceania

Alex
remember to send me your detailed info, those who had not yet...

And I would like to remind everyone that this is the time for discussion to finalize the ideas - I'm not totally married to the bouquet - if there are other ideas, please share!

Erin :D

Jijo
01-12-2004, 04:47 PM
And I would like to remind everyone that this is the time for discussion to finalize the ideas - I'm not totally married to the bouquet - if there are other ideas, please share!

Hi Erin, feel free to join the best team for you, but as there were so many pushing for a flower bouquet or whatever.. I thought you can lead that, it is up to you,
Alex

painterbear
01-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Well, all three subject areas sound interesting, but I think I'd like to be on Jijo's team along with he and Felica.

Maybe we could include a park with a setting like JayTee mentioned with a pond and statues? Little kids sailing sailboats in the water? Dogs romping on the grass? Fookie with Shimmie and Uschi?

Are there any others who like architectural subjects?

vestalqueen
01-12-2004, 04:57 PM
Hi Erin, feel free to join the best team for you, but as there were so many pushing for a flower bouquet or whatever.. I thought you can lead that, it is up to you,
Alex

I'm fine with a bouquet - I just wanted folks to know that I'm open to doing another subject if there aren't enough who want to do a bouquet. Did that make sense? It's a Monday. I'm probably not making sense. :p

Erin

ArcticRose
01-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Well I figure since I asked Patty and Tag to join, I'm on their team. Should be lots of fun! :)

tigre255
01-12-2004, 05:21 PM
Yeah Anita.......lol

maryrose
01-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Architectural features appeal to me too. :cool: I'm in with Alex, Felica & Sylvia...if I may :D Towns and cities need a little green space ;)

leverettfinn
01-12-2004, 05:48 PM
It doesn't matter to me which one...but if we need to pick...I like architectural with Sylvia, Felica, Mary and Alex!

Lauren

andylavallee
01-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Sorry hadn't realised that you had started! .. I think I can safely say I would be safer in a building than in a field and in a bunch of flowers I would be lost... Alex team please with Mary ,Sylvia and Felica

Mary Smith
01-12-2004, 06:09 PM
I am in, yes Barb, I will be on your team, with the others! How about adding Marvin, did I see him come in here??

Jijo
01-12-2004, 06:19 PM
I am in, yes Barb, I will be on your team, with the others! How about adding Marvin, did I see him come in here??

As you have already two NewZelanders I think Marvin and KK must join the others teams to ensure a worldwide coverage for all, of course they are free to make a choice but it is my opinion.
Alex

tigre255
01-12-2004, 06:48 PM

It will be up to them mary.....as Alex said.......their choice.......
and welcome aboard......

NgKK
01-12-2004, 07:22 PM
It will be up to them mary.....as Alex said.......their choice.......
and welcome aboard......

Thanks ! Marvin is very busy at his new job, as I persuaded him to join, I promised him that I will keep him inform of the "whats going on" here, he may not be as active for the time beings, it will be better that we both in the same team. I will discuss with him tonight after his work and get back to you guys as to which theme we are in! ;)

Sue Galos
01-12-2004, 07:34 PM
Okay I'm a bit lost - I think I would be okay with any subject ( or equally inept with all.... LOL ) so which ever team needs members??? and if you want cross-global reps for each team .. how do they stack up at the moment? ( did I make sense??)

Sue

laudesan
01-12-2004, 07:57 PM
Woot.......this is really moving now.......I am getting excited :)

vestalqueen
01-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Okay I'm a bit lost - I think I would be okay with any subject ( or equally inept with all.... LOL ) so which ever team needs members??? and if you want cross-global reps for each team .. how do they stack up at the moment? ( did I make sense??)

Sue

Sue, I think we're on the same page! LOL!

Erin

taghera
01-12-2004, 09:42 PM
So are you out now I'm in???? :D :evil: :p

Well I do think that a colour painting with a bit of black and white in it would look stupid.....just like you.....LOL.... :D :D :D

CharM
01-12-2004, 09:43 PM
Erin and Sue... better include me in the land of the lost... It's been awhile since I've visited this thread and I'm totally befuddled... I'll happily join any one of the teams (no particular expertise from my quarter)...

Mary Smith
01-12-2004, 09:51 PM
OK with me Alex, I did not realize we had 2 New Zealanders, lol.

Lulu
01-12-2004, 10:05 PM
As you have already two NewZelanders I think Marvin and KK must join the others teams to ensure a worldwide coverage for all, of course they are free to make a choice but it is my opinion.
Alex

Haven't read all the posts but who is the other NZ'er Alex?

laudesan
01-12-2004, 10:09 PM
Are you thinking of me Alex.....I live in Australia ;)

taghera
01-12-2004, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE=tigre255]LOL thats oh right.......I blend in with the crowds easy.......until i want noticed........ :D

QUOTE]

Yeah!!!....we couldn't fail to notice the ugly one.....its a toss up between you and Lulu who wins..... :D :D :D :D

Lulu
01-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Well I do think that a black and white painting with a bit of colour in it would look stupid.....just like me.....LOL.... :D :D :D

Agreed wee Tagster :evil: :D :p

taghera
01-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Haven't read all the posts but who is the other NZ'er Alex?

YOU CAN'T READ....END OF STORY!!!!!!.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D

taghera
01-12-2004, 10:14 PM
Agreed wee Tagster :evil: :D :p

Spericals to you as well...... :D :D :D :D

leojacko
01-13-2004, 03:05 AM
Signed up ages ago [& 3 weeks of 'flu] :crying:

Been lurking tho'

I'm happy to join in any of the teams

Leo
UK

mchew
01-13-2004, 07:22 AM
Thanks ! Marvin is very busy at his new job, as I persuaded him to join, I promised him that I will keep him inform of the "whats going on" here, he may not be as active for the time beings, it will be better that we both in the same team. I will discuss with him tonight after his work and get back to you guys as to which theme we are in! ;)

Thought I could sneaked in here without making too much noise but guess I got caught... yeah, I'm pretty busy with work during weekdays, but I guess I still have weekends for painting.... I'm ok with whatever theme, team... still not sure how this works though...

NgKK
01-13-2004, 07:35 AM
Thought I could sneaked in here without making too much noise but guess I got caught... yeah, I'm pretty busy with work during weekdays, but I guess I still have weekends for painting.... I'm ok with whatever theme, team... still not sure how this works though...

Yup ! Am fine with anthing also, flower, cityscape. landscape etc etc etc, just keep us posted.

Alex, just in case I missed some of the threads as I will be on business trip till next Monday, kindly PM me if reply is needed from me. Thanks. ;)

laudesan
01-13-2004, 07:36 AM
Good one Marvin.....are you going to pair up with KK or are you going to be on different teams.....

There are 3 teams, of around 9 people..

Team leaders are

Barb..... Landscapes.....Barb draws out the initial drawing..

Alex...... Buildings......... and Alex draws out his painting..

Erin..... Floral........ Erin draws out her teams painting..

We have to paint our section AND a 1/4 sheet of whatever we put in our section as a gift for the next person we send it to..

Does that make sense..

3 Teams.....

3 Paintings.......

3 Subjects.........

Soooooo all you have to do is pick your team :D

Starsprite
01-13-2004, 07:54 AM
We have to paint our section AND a 1/4 sheet of whatever we put in our section as a gift for the next person we send it to..

Does that make sense..

I must be confused too........I was thinking we had to paint our interpretation of the WHOLE painting on the quarter sheet to give to the next person, not just our piece of the painting. Which is it commanders? LOL :)

I think people should decide for themselves which team they want to be on, I think Barb's team needs 4 more...not sure about the other ones. So people should decide and get on a team, let the team leaders know and lets get going. Not to be pushy or anything...lol :D :evil: :angel:

CharM
01-13-2004, 09:17 AM
Patty, when Alex inintially posted his recommendations for the project, he also mentioned the 1/2 sheet painting...

Of course there will be a challenge, in terms of quality (voting) distance, and speed.
Same as the original it will travel from one to another, but each has to paint not only his part at the big sheet, but also his own interpretation on half sheet and send both to next, that way all of us will have the honour of participate and a friend's original,

Erin... I love doing florals best... so please include me in your team!

vestalqueen
01-13-2004, 09:30 AM
Patty, when Alex inintially posted his recommendations for the project, he also mentioned the 1/2 sheet painting...

Erin... I love doing florals best... so please include me in your team!

Welcome aboard the posy painters team, Char!

Starsprite
01-13-2004, 10:10 AM
Explanation about team:
and so on,.

Alex

Ok... I understand better now. So it is a half sheet that we paint our version on. Version of what though? The whole painting or the section we chose in the full sheet to paint? I have never painted on anything larger than 10" x 14" before...will be hard for me! :eek: I was afraid with a quarter of a sheet, let alone half a sheet. See I told you I probably maybe should not have signed up....... I'm scared. LOL Anita told me it was a quarter of a sheet... ANITA!!

vestalqueen
01-13-2004, 10:28 AM
Ok... I understand better now. So it is a half sheet that we paint our version on. Version of what though? The whole painting or the section we chose in the full sheet to paint? I have never painted on anything larger than 10" x 14" before...will be hard for me! :eek: I was afraid with a quarter of a sheet, let alone half a sheet. See I told you I probably maybe should not have signed up....... I'm scared. LOL Anita told me it was a quarter of a sheet... ANITA!!

Patty, no need to be scared. The painting you do is your interpretation of the subject matter. You may feel free to take some artistic license here. I think Alex's idea of doing a painting for the next in line is delightful - we each end up with original art from one of the members and have the added opportunity and satisfaction of getting to create our own version of the chosen subject.

Alex, correct me if I'm wrong, but for example (and this is just for example) I would complete my part of the full sheet, do a half-sheet floral (my interpretation), send the package to the next in line. Alex, did you intend for the half sheets to use the same layout as the full sheet? Or is that open to personal interpretation as well?

Erin

BobH
01-13-2004, 11:20 AM
Am I too late? I have to admit that I am very, very nervous. My ability is just not up to your levels. But if I'm not too late I think I would like to join. Just place me on a team, I don't think I have a preference.

(Jiminy Cricket!! Now I'm having conniptions!! :rolleyes: )

Bob

Jijo
01-13-2004, 11:27 AM
The added own interpretation of the subject is just a present for the next one as Erin clearly described, in that sense, the size, style and technicque is free, just do your best as the friendly character of the project demand.

Alex

Jijo
01-13-2004, 11:36 AM
Welcome Marquisina and Bob, thanks for joining.
now we are 29... and still growing... WOW.

please join the team of your preferance and PM me your personal info to coordinate.

Alex

maryrose
01-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Am I too late? I have to admit that I am very, very nervous. My ability is just not up to your levels. But if I'm not too late I think I would like to join. Just place me on a team, I don't think I have a preference.

Bob

Hey, Bob..... :D I'm joining you in your conniptions...my enthusiasm FAR outpaces my skill!!! I'm counting on the kind folks here to step me thru :D ....Don't think they'll let us 'go under'.....i hopeihopeihope :eek: ....Look forward to seeing you...

vestalqueen
01-13-2004, 11:43 AM

Bob

Now, Bob. We'll have no conniptions today. Also, no nerves. I'm getting excited! Twenty-nine and growing :music: :music: :D

Erin

Felica Keech-Smith
01-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Hey, Bob..... :D I'm joining you in your conniptions...my enthusiasm FAR outpaces my skill!!! I'm counting on the kind folks here to step me thru :D ....Don't think they'll let us 'go under'.....i hopeihopeihope :eek: ....Look forward to seeing you...

You will do JUST fine Miss Mary... great in fact! (And, to stay the nerves I simply refuse to think about it..lol)

Felica (Fort Worth, Texas, USA)

Mary Smith
01-13-2004, 03:55 PM
I am with you as well Bob! I am scared to death at this point, but I am sure when things get rolling we will have a great time, so let's focus on you deciding which team you want to be on and then we will all start discussing what we are actually going to attempt to paint. :clap: :clap:

Jijo
01-13-2004, 04:02 PM
As part of the fun of this kind of project is making the painting travel as much as possible,
And as up to now we have only 4 far east members,
And as two of them joined Barb´s team,
We have two choices
a) split the NgKK/Marvin tandem one on each team
b) get join another Australian/Asian member, if you know one please invite him cause the new software does not show the flags.

Alex
My team is for now (correct me if wrong)
1 Felica USA
2 Paintbear USA
3 Mary RS USA
4 Leverettfin USA
5 AndyLavelle ENG
6 JIJO SouthAmerica

Sue Galos
01-13-2004, 06:15 PM
Erin ... So can I be on your team? Might as well be dazed together! ;)

Sue

KansasLady
01-13-2004, 06:27 PM
Okay, Starsprite talked me into signing up, if there's still room. I like to paint animals and children...so what team would that put me on? I could try painting something else, have done some landscapes, some flowers, some buildings. I'll pm Jijo and see what team I should be on.

KansasLady
01-13-2004, 06:34 PM
IS there a list somewhere of who is on what team? Did I miss it in this thread?

Starsprite
01-13-2004, 06:35 PM
Hey!!!!!!! Good for you KansasLady!!!! Now we're in this together...heheheheeeee!! Barb might put some animals in the landscape one she is the head of...we don't know for sure yet. It's an idea though!! Why don't you join Barb's team!!! :clap: :) :)

Of course the choice is yours! Just glad to have you in on this project! :D

Starsprite
01-13-2004, 06:39 PM
WEll Jijo made a list a few posts up.... Barb made a list awhile back..I believe its:

Tigre 255
Taghera
Mary Smith
Starsprite
Lulu
ArcticRose

so far....

Vestalqueen is getting some takers too, but I'm not sure exactly who they all are.

tigre255
01-13-2004, 06:41 PM
Thats the list so far Patty......... :D

Starsprite
01-13-2004, 06:51 PM
Ohhh I forgot JJ...Laudesan.......sorry JJ!!! She is on Barb's team also. :)

tigre255
01-13-2004, 06:54 PM
Ohhh I forgot JJ...Laudesan.......sorry JJ!!! She is on Barb's team also. :)

OMG so did i........so sorry JJ...... :rolleyes: just call is a senior moment......... :eek:

laudesan
01-13-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Starsprite
Ohhh I forgot JJ...Laudesan.......sorry JJ!!! She is on Barb's team also.
OMG so did i........so sorry JJ...... :rolleyes: just call is a senior moment......... :eek:

Bawaaahhhhh :crying: snif snif..

tigre255
01-13-2004, 07:19 PM
Here's a hanky JJ.......running to get hanky and some chocs for our wee JJ.......

laudesan
01-13-2004, 07:33 PM
sniff...thank..... snivel.....you.....sniff......hic.......:D

ArcticRose
01-13-2004, 07:36 PM
Here JJ...a couple of shots of vodka to wash down those chocolates...that'll make you feel better. ;)

laudesan
01-13-2004, 07:39 PM
Ahhh now you are talking ;)

but

How COULD you forget me :(

And I am the noisy one :D

Strawberry Wine
01-13-2004, 07:42 PM
Hi Alex and Erin:

This project is starting to really take off.

Alex, for the Christmas card exchange I was project leader for, I created a P.M. Buddy List of the participating members. You are allowed to PM up to 10 people on the list. It saved a lot of time to private message the same message to 10 people at a time.

Do you want us to PM you with our address to you now, if so can do. In the Christmas Card exchange I also started a file in Word Perfect for everyones address, so I could add to it very easily and PM everyone with an updated list.

I thought this info might help and please PM me if there is anything else I can do.

I am really getting excited about the RR # 2

Gail

laudesan
01-13-2004, 07:50 PM
Hi Alex and Erin:

This project is starting to really take off.

I am really getting excited about the RR # 2

Gail

Oooh Yes me tooooooo :D

vestalqueen
01-13-2004, 07:54 PM
Sue, I'm delighted! I started a list of who's with whom...then I see where Barb and Alex have posted theirs! Here's where things stand:
Barb - Tag, Mary Smith, JJ, Barb, ArcticRose, Starsprite
Jijo - Felica, Painterbear, MaryRS, Leverittfin, Andy
Erin - CharM, Sue Galos, ???

So, where are all you floral folk? Come on, now, out from under the bed...

Erin

tigre255
01-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Erin.....i also forgot to add Lulu and KansaLady (which just pm'd me that she wanted on my team.....) sorry senior moment again :rolleyes: guess i got to start taking my memory pills again :o ......lol

vestalqueen
01-13-2004, 08:10 PM
Okay - here are the corrected lists thus far...
Barb - Tag, Mary Smith, JJ, Barb, ArcticRose, Starsprite, Lulu, KansasLady
Jijo - Felica, Painterbear, MaryRS, Leverittfin, Andy
Erin - CharM, Sue Galos, ???

Here are the yet to be decided folk:

BobH, Bubba's Mama, Gudrun, h20color, Jaytee, Marquisina, mchew, NgKK, pinkbubelz, seedy, Strawberry Wine, and wilddash1.

Speak now or be forever thrust into floral hell!

Alex, are you taking this all down? :D :D :D

Erin

BobH
01-13-2004, 09:16 PM
Hello fellow Robin Rounders! hehe couldn't resist that!

I see there are three groups but which one has which subject? Is Barb the landscape, Erin the floral and Jijo the architectural? Have the actual subjects been decided on yet?

Just for the heck of it, what would you suggest I do about this "problem"? My "studio" is on a small porch (I posted a picture in the 'show me yours' studio thread a couple weeks ago). Anyway, for the past week and continuing through this next weekend, the weather has been bitterly cold. With outdoor temps in the single digits, my poor "studio" has been in the mid-thirties! I'm afraid to look at my palette for fear the paints are ice chunks! :eek: I need it to warm up fast so I can practice!

Bob

Starsprite
01-13-2004, 09:40 PM
Good one Bob.... Robin Rounders!!! I like that! :D

I do believe you got the subjects correct with the groups. I don't know if they are etched in stone yet though. I think there is still time for discussion on the particulars ...but for the most part yes, Jijo's is architecture, Vestalqueen's is flowers, and Tigre255's is landscape. Each painting though might contain other elements...such as a landscape could have flowers and animals in it too..... the architecture could have landscape and animals, the flowers could have some architecture or landscape too...who knows? I think that's for each group to discuss their likes and then make the decision.

As far as your studio goes...hey I don't have a studio! I just work by putting my board on my bed with a t.v. tray off to the side to hold the water containers and stuff or sometimes dining room table...just bring your stuff inside and set it up wherever. No one will mind!! Nahhhhh!!!!! :D

Jijo
01-13-2004, 10:16 PM
Thanks gail for your advices, I'll try that buddy stuff to see how it works.
30 little simplemind indian robinrounders, and growing more???
welcome kansas city!!
yeah, please PM me your personal info, I've made a text doc with the ones I already have.

ughhhh... a bit nervous on coordinating 30 simpleminders...
Barb, I've read that gudrun is on your team sometime ago.
Thanks for the revised list, i think Barb is written twice.
Alex

I created a P.M. Buddy List of the participating members. You are allowed to PM up to 10 people on the list. It saved a lot of time to private message the same message to 10 people at a time.

Do you want us to PM you with our address to you now, if so can do. In the Christmas Card exchange I also started a file in Word Perfect for everyones address, so I could add to it very easily and PM everyone with an updated list.
Gail

Gudrun
01-13-2004, 11:00 PM
Ok folks :) :) ...I wake up in the early german morning and have so much to read, my time sin't that much so I tell you again, I want to do florals, thatas all...just put me somewhere....the people don't matter, I think everybody is fine here....
Gudrun

pinkbubelz
01-13-2004, 11:10 PM
Come on Anita....do what I do....leap .....THEN look!

Iris! hi fellow Michigander! where are you...downtown?

Lauren

Hey Lauren!
I work in Detroit, but live in the 'burbs" (North West Side)

How about you?

pinkbubelz
01-13-2004, 11:27 PM
Um, I was looking at the posts about the subject matter-- My strength is in painting figures.... I am also a "newbie" when it comes to water colors-- Earlier I was asking if we were including any other water media, but I'm not sure my question was answered... (the flurry of responses is overwhelming to read!) :(

And, do water color pencils used with water colors count as part of "watercolor" media?

What category should I put myself in? Most of my experience in Figures (and mostly drawing and oils), but I have painted a little bit of landscapes before...

Help! :confused:

I hope I will be able to "fit in" among the "pros" in here! :-)

leojacko
01-14-2004, 01:29 AM
Good one Bob.... Robin Rounders!!! I like that! :D

I don't have a studio! I just work by putting my board on my bed with a t.v. tray off to the side to hold the water containers and stuff :D

Hey Patty - does this mean that you can start painting without even getting out of bed in the morning? :evil:

Leo {Nina}

leojacko
01-14-2004, 01:32 AM
I know I joined this project ages ago & have PM'd my details to Alex already, but I couldn't decide which team.

I think that I'd like to join Erin's team if that's OK :D

Leo [Nina]
UK

NgKK
01-14-2004, 03:05 AM
This reminds me of one song...

:crying: I'm nobody's child... :crying: I'm nobody's child... Nobody wants me, I'm nobody's child.......

Kidding.... I would like to give "flower" a try ! :p

Starsprite
01-14-2004, 07:12 AM
Hey Patty - does this mean that you can start painting without even getting out of bed in the morning? :evil:

Leo {Nina}

LOL Leojacko, (Nina eh?), I thought you were a man.. :D Hey I didn't think of that, but I guess I could do that!!! Except I have to get up and change my water all the time, cant stand dirty water. hmmm...thats an idea. :)

Wow, it sounds like the floral group is getting bigger...thats great! :clap: :clap: :clap:

painterbear
01-14-2004, 07:41 AM
Um, I was looking at the posts about the subject matter-- My strength is in painting figures.... I am also a "newbie" when it comes to water colors-- Earlier I was asking if we were including any other water media, but I'm not sure my question was answered... (the flurry of responses is overwhelming to read!) :(

And, do water color pencils used with water colors count as part of "watercolor" media?

What category should I put myself in? Most of my experience in Figures (and mostly drawing and oils), but I have painted a little bit of landscapes before...

Help! :confused:

I hope I will be able to "fit in" among the "pros" in here! :-)

If this group of "elephants," aka Round Robin, paintings works as the original one did, the person who starts the painting off (Barb, Erin, Alex) will do a basic outline of the theme without any details. Then he or she will paint one section with a finished subject fitting the theme (in the original there were buildings, water, sky, bushes, roads, people, a boat, busses added by individuals as the painting progressed. So even though it was a cityscape (architectural) painting, there was lots of opportunity to add different subjects).

So, Barb's landscape could have flowers, trees, people, animals, etc., as the different artists finish their parts.

Watercolor pencils would fit the watercolor materials because they are transparent when wet, but I'm not sure what other types of water media you are thinking of. If you use acrylics in a watercolor fashion are they opaque or transparent? Gouche is a water media that is also opaque. Would an opaque section blend in with the mostly transparent media of the rest of the painting? I don't know because I don't have experience with these media, someone else would have to answer that.

You should decide which theme appeals most to you. I'm sure you'll have fun coming up with a section that you can finish in your own style. Believe me, plenty of us are far from "pros"—it does help to have gone through this once already though. Hope you've joined in, it is a wonderful project. LOL! :angel:

Sylvia

seedy
01-14-2004, 09:35 AM
No floral hell for this guy....
Jijo...can I be on your team....can I, can I, can I? :)
Brian...

tigre255
01-14-2004, 09:55 AM
Brian...
Brian.......I'm hurt...(only kidding).... :evil: I thought you liked landscapes...... :rolleyes:

vestalqueen
01-14-2004, 10:40 AM
Brian, that which does not kill us serves to make us stronger. :D :D :D

Erin

vestalqueen
01-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Okay - here's a revision of the revised list (with Barb's duplicate name removed - thanks, Alex!)

Barb - Tag, Mary Smith, JJ, ArcticRose, Starsprite, Lulu, Kansaslady
Jijo - Felica, Painterbear, MaryRS, Leverittfin, Andy, Seedy
Erin - CharM, Sue Galos, Gudrun, leojacko, NgKK

So, that leaves two openings on Barb's, three on Alex's and four on mine (if we split the groups evenly).

painterbear
01-14-2004, 11:01 AM
Brian...

Woo-ee, Brian, we're on the same team, now we can root for each other! :angel:

Don't let those other team captains entice you away from Jijo's team. :evil:

Sylvia

Starsprite
01-14-2004, 11:06 AM
Don't let those other team captains entice you away from Jijo's team. :evil:

Sylvia

Come on Brian!!!! Wouldn't you rather be on Barb's team?! :evil: :evil: :angel: :angel:

Hey Marvin.... where are you? You are great with landscapes! :) :clap: :clap: :angel:

tigre255
01-14-2004, 11:12 AM
Oh Marvin......where are you......... :rolleyes:

seedy
01-14-2004, 11:27 AM
Geez....if only I had known that I could have been swayed :)
Jojo....don't tell them!

Jijo
01-14-2004, 01:10 PM
Iris (Pinkbubelz) time to practice washers, no acrilycs allowed just for a transparency matter, not sure about the pencils, I use them often an sometimes results as good as Watercolor, but you have time to practice and sure you'll do fine.

great choice Brian, the best one.
Now we are after Marvin to ensure a worldwide trip. MARVIN!!!! please. please, please!!!!!

the NO-Team list:
BubbleMamma
H2OColor
Pinkbubelz
Strawberrywine
Marvin (?)
Wildash
BobH
Marquisina

Alex

vestalqueen
01-14-2004, 01:40 PM
Iris (Pinkbubelz) time to practice washers, no acrilycs allowed just for a transparency matter, not sure about the pencils, I use them often an sometimes results as good as Watercolor, but you have time to practice and sure you'll do fine.

great choice Brian, the best one.
Now we are after Marvin to ensure a worldwide trip. MARVIN!!!! please. please, please!!!!!

the NO-Team list:
BubbleMamma
H2OColor
Pinkbubelz
Strawberrywine
Marvin (?)
Wildash
BobH
Marquisina

Alex

But, wait! BobH has decided to join the peaceful (yet somewhat pedantic) posy painters.

Woohoo!

Erin

Starsprite
01-14-2004, 02:10 PM
Marvin over here! LOL! :D

Lets play Marvin Tug-O-War!!! :) :clap: :clap:

Jijo
01-14-2004, 03:21 PM
Marvin over here! LOL! :D

Lets play Marvin Tug-O-War!!! :) :clap: :clap:

If you want Marvin on your team... you have to pay us with a Kiwi.
Alex

vestalqueen
01-14-2004, 03:24 PM
What if Marvin decides he would like to paint flowers? :) :evil: :angel:

Erin

tigre255
01-14-2004, 03:26 PM
If you want Marvin on your team... you have to pay us with a Kiwi.
Alex
:p wait let me find a Kiwi.....pessst what a Kiwi

Mary Smith
01-14-2004, 03:28 PM
Here is your fruit Barb. To us Americans a kiwi is a little green fuzzy fruit, very sweet on the inside. Actually is brown, not green. I will find you a photo when I get back from carpool.

tigre255
01-14-2004, 03:31 PM
Thanks Mary ......but i also found it to be a bird....strange looking bird but a bird

Here Alex got both........ :D :D :evil:

vestalqueen
01-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Hey, don't forget this!

Jijo
01-14-2004, 03:42 PM
not. not that ones...
Alex

tigre255
01-14-2004, 03:43 PM
Hey, don't forget this!

Hehehehee....ok Alex which will it be: fruit, bird, or paste........ :evil:

painterbear
01-14-2004, 03:47 PM
Now, THAT'S funny, Jijo, a little wicked but funny nonetheless. :evil: :D

leverettfinn
01-14-2004, 03:52 PM
Ha! I wonder how many vegetarians you have just put off Kiwi's Alex!

Lauren

tigre255
01-14-2004, 04:04 PM
Hey Alex.......here is you a line of Kiwis

pinkbubelz
01-14-2004, 04:04 PM
not. not that ones...
Alex

That is Toooo funny!!

--Iris

pinkbubelz
01-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Hey, maybe the "on the fence" group can do an abstracted figure or something like that? have a general figure and each paint a portion of it?

Would that be a bit bizarre? or maybe something a little andy warholish only, repeated faces that are unique styles? or is that too crazy?

Just thinking of other ideas, that's all...

Maybe an "Alice in Wonderland" type of theme or something along those lines which gives us lots of opportunity to put in funky people and critters... :D (mushrooms, cards, etc....)

--Iris

pinkbubelz
01-14-2004, 04:11 PM
Oh, and I was wondering about gouache-- I can see where acrylics wouldn't work because they tend to get "glossy" (even when "matte") but maybe a tiny bit of goauche could work? I'm going to have to play with the watercolors... I am usually an oil painter, and tend to get impatient with water colors (I love to blend, but I will have to force myself to wait until the watercolors dry!)

--Iris

ArcticRose
01-14-2004, 04:18 PM
That's very creative thinking Iris. I like the "Alice In Wonderland" theme..or something similar... or maybe something mythological.

I saw an artisit who combined different parts of her painting between gouache and watercolor. It was very effective because she wanted a certain part to look matte and the rest to look more luminous. It's a little tricky though. :)

pinkbubelz
01-14-2004, 05:12 PM
That's very creative thinking Iris. I like the "Alice In Wonderland" theme..or something similar... or maybe something mythological.

I saw an artisit who combined different parts of her painting between gouache and watercolor. It was very effective because she wanted a certain part to look matte and the rest to look more luminous. It's a little tricky though. :)

Thanks, I was thinking of maybe some other mythological themes as well.

I love Arthurian novels and stories of King Arthur!

Other ideas that came to me--
Nursery Rhymes (Mother Goose, Brothers Grimm, etc.-- something whimsical)
Cinderella
The Wizard of Oz...

I don't know.. trying to think of things that would be "globally" appealing and yet up for creative interpretation... :-)

Or, am I mixing the pot up too much at this late date?

--Iris

ArcticRose
01-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Thanks, I was thinking of maybe some other mythological themes as well.

I love Arthurian novels and stories of King Arthur!

Other ideas that came to me--
Nursery Rhymes (Mother Goose, Brothers Grimm, etc.-- something whimsical)
Cinderella
The Wizard of Oz...

I don't know.. trying to think of things that would be "globally" appealing and yet up for creative interpretation... :-)

Or, am I mixing the pot up too much at this late date?

--Iris

I think they're all good suggestions, but I think it's ultimately up to the person who's planning the drawing and their limits. Fun food for thought! :)

Mary Smith
01-14-2004, 05:19 PM
I agree with Anita, these are great ideas. Maybe I will give them a try in my own private works. I am sure our group is going to stick with a landscape, but who knows maybe another group will be up for something like this? Any one with an opinion or is it too late?

jaytee
01-14-2004, 06:01 PM
HI Alex et Al. ( and Tagster, thats not Al 22 thats latino Al:D)

Alex's pm awoke me from my flu ridden torpor so here I am checking in....... will send my details by pm.........

As for team............... definitely NOT close up flower/bouquet............ not wild about green landscapy things ( except IRL when mad about them:D) though OK on architectural bits within landscape ( or possibly after Madmums WDE last saturday Prizewinning sheep :D) so that leaves Loose Architecture and even looser people :D. Painting just getting looser and looser!!!

Does that put me in Alex's team then?

PS should have said not animals ( except prizewinning sheep :D)