PDA

View Full Version : Fun new thing...what do you thinK/

SDavy
07-24-2001, 03:47 PM
This poor pear in bondage! I prefer to think of him as a gift. Wondering what you all think.
it's watercolor and pen& ink- 11x14

henrik
07-24-2001, 07:46 PM
Cool!
Is the leaf the Dominatrix :D

Fagan
07-24-2001, 07:51 PM
*LOL* I do like this pear bondage....where is the leather? hmmmm kind of strange the Henrik knows Dominatirx *smile* but I wont go there....

TeAnne
07-24-2001, 08:59 PM
Sure is different :) Cool, the leaf has great rusty colours. :D

SDavy
07-24-2001, 11:45 PM
I appreciate all your resonses! I guess the leaf IS the dominatrix!

ZOTMA
07-25-2001, 06:09 PM
Well done
interesting subject and I'm dig'in on the implications

jerryW
07-25-2001, 07:11 PM
as a gift the recipient will be honoured or kick him in the shins.

The piece aims to be simple the binidings oddly hold everything to gether, and would even if the strings were broken.

In fact if you are open to change I would break some of them.

Javier
07-25-2001, 09:20 PM
SDavy, don't get me wrong -- your painting is fine -- good colors, good confirmation to subjects, but (ah, you knew this was coming) why is the 'Pear' masculine? I always thought of pears as being feminine. Yep, my mother was pear shaped.

It is your painting and you can define it anyway you want and I will respect your decision.

Always The Best,

SDavy
07-25-2001, 11:47 PM
Nah-it's not masculine- and yes the lines of pears are very feminine. That was because someone early on asked whether the leaf was the dominatrix...and of course, were I to give them gender(which I wouldn't...it's in the eye of the beholder) they could both be ,ale or both female- you DO realize I am talking about a piece of fruit and a leaf here, right? I didn't give them any human traits at first, but I happen to really like this painting- I'm fond of them...so maybe I am anthropomorphisizing them (whew!)
Interesting idea- breaking some of the ties- I am thinking of doing a series-
I 've started some sketches- eggplants are especially appealing to me ( I am a vegetarian- that might have something to do with this...)
And I like the idea of rocks gathered, stacked, and tied up with ribbon-
especially some of the rocks on the shoreline here. So expect more...
I have loved all these comments!

Ladysue
07-26-2001, 09:28 AM
YES, YES! More is good!:clap: :clap:
Can't wait!

bluesage
07-26-2001, 12:35 PM
Well I like it too, but if you must attach "human " atributes, then I suggest that since the leaf is not from a pear tree...The pear must be from a broken family. Perhaps the pear just thinks itself in bondage.;)