PDA

View Full Version : Another scam email

Lady Rando
12-06-2003, 08:05 AM
My dad got this in his email and since I do the ebay thing he asked me to look at it. I told him it's a scam and to delete it immediately.

Dear eBay User,

It has become noticeable that another party has been trying to corrupt your eBay account and has violated our User Agreement policy listed:

4. Bidding and Buying

You are obligated to complete the transaction with the seller if you purchase an item through one of our fixed price formats or are the highest bidder as described below. If you are the highest bidder at the end of an auction (meeting the applicable minimum bid or reserve requirements) and your bid is accepted by the seller, you are obligated to complete the transaction with the seller, or the transaction is prohibited by law or by this Agreement.

You received this notice from eBay because an item was bought fraudulently and it has come to our attention that your account may cause interruptions with other eBay members and eBay requires immediate verification for your account. Please verify your account or the account may become disabled. please //beam.to/ebaybilling"Click here to verify

Sincerely,
Sandra Jones
Ebay Fraud Department
<b>Case Number</b> : LG8GNI

I deleted the http part of the address so no one here would inadvertently click it.

sandge
12-06-2003, 09:03 AM
Thanks for sharing.

Antoine
12-06-2003, 09:50 AM
Oh my.. all this scams really makes me sad, where is it going to stop. :(

beam.to/ebaybilling

I’ve read warnings by both ebay and paypal that if you deal with them the URL must always be the start with their name (www.ebay.com/……anything before that like in this scam is fake.

Thank you very much for letting us know, it is really good to know all the ways these scammers tries.

surreal
12-06-2003, 11:39 AM
My husband received a scam email from our bank!

It was horrifying!:mad: