PDA

View Full Version : Just had to share!

kjsspot
12-06-2003, 12:09 AM
Hey y'all! I just had to share this with y'all! Tickled me pink. :D

Last year we lost our Basset to an infection they couldn't contain. :crying: Well, we waited till summer when I had a bit more time before finding another. Anyway, we brought home Nelson from the pound. I'm telling you, this Basset sure made us love him fast! He is just the greatest dog! He's sooo much fun and has such a vivid personality.

Anyway, I snapped this photo of him.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Dec-2003/5480-nelson0630031WEB.jpg

I sent it to another Basset loving friend of mine who also does the greatest Basset parody art. I suggested to her that it would make a great Christmas theme if she subsituted the roll with wrapping paper. Anyhoo, check it out!!

#3643645100 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10825&item=3643645100)

It think it's totally GREAT!!! My Nelly is gonna be famous, I just know it! :D I really, really love this! (She's gonna send me one of the cards too. WOOHOO!! :D )

arlene
12-06-2003, 12:45 AM
very cute...now you do some portraits of that guy.

surreal
12-06-2003, 12:52 AM
Nelson looks very precious!!!
What a sweetheart!
:D

kjsspot
12-06-2003, 01:15 AM
I will. ;) I started a postmortem one of our last one but it'll have to wait a bit before I can finish it.

Thanks Nina! He is such a riot. He always makes me smile even when I'm down.

Alan Cross
12-06-2003, 01:42 AM
Very cute looks like you run him all day long lol
Alan :)

TeAnne
12-06-2003, 02:28 AM
lolol On my watch list :D Poor thing, he's an over worked Santa's Helper.

arteitaliana
12-06-2003, 02:53 AM
All the best to Nelson from my two faithful friends: Bogart( the fearsome Dobermann) and Chicco ( the lively LabradorxShepardxwho knowsl)!

ARF!ARF!ARF!

imaginethat
12-06-2003, 08:21 AM
AWWWW...he's adorable....looks so worn out! The artwork inspired by the photo is darling!

blondheim12
12-06-2003, 08:44 AM
Too Cute!!!!
Bow wow!!!!
Love,
Linda

Jennie Rose
12-06-2003, 10:33 AM
He is Sooo cute! I wish I can just pick him up and hug him.

I plan on doing a miniature sculpture of a Basset Hound after the holidays.
If you take any more photos of him I hope you would post them for reference. It would help so much.

Enjoy the Holidays and give that Sweetheart Nelson I Hug and kiss for me!
Sincerely, Josie

pero lane
12-06-2003, 10:43 AM
Looks like he's made himself right at home already!! Congratulations on the new addition to your family!:)

kjsspot
12-06-2003, 01:26 PM
Pat, he's really been a blessing. So much fun.

Josie, I do hug him a lot. Then he either washes my face or thinks I wanna play and starts nipping me and wrestling. LoL I've got graduation on the 19th. I'll see if I can post some ref photos after that.

THANKS Linda! LoL

Susan, I so love Dot's art from this photo! I've watched her grow as an artist and it's fun, not only seeing the wonderful job she did on this, but also to see her improve with each painting. I think the compostion is lovely on this and it's so much fun!

Rita, Nelson says BARRROOOOO BARRRROOOOOO back to your doggies! And he says it very loudly too! hee I've recently discovered that Bassets were bred to have increased lung capacity for greater endurance on hunting runs. Uhh.. not sure i my neighbors appreciate that! LoL

TeAnne, hee hee Isn't it adorable??? This will be Nelson's first Christmas with us. It should be fun. :D

Alan, Bassets play hard and sleep hard. LoL He can be very energetic.

ElizaLeahy
12-06-2003, 06:37 PM
He is adorable! I wanna doggie! Somehow I don't think that kitty would appreciate it though.

He looks like a great big baby. Please do post more photos of him in the future, he looks like such a character!

eelfish1
12-07-2003, 01:12 AM
thanks KJ. You made me blush!

Nelson is so cute, it is hard for him not to turn out. A card? I think you shall get a whole pack! After all, it was your photo!

Dot