PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Angel Bead

Refined with Fire
12-06-2003, 12:41 AM
Hello Everyone--

Last month I took a class from Beth Olson of OlsonGlass.
It was awesome! Beth and her husband are both awesome!
Beth taught us how to make mermaids and fairies.

They even gave my husband the chance to design their new postcards! (Which turned out very nice, even if I do say so myself!)

This is my 6th figure/sculpture thing. It is an angel. I hope you can tell! i actually am quite proud of it, for the most part. She cracked before she got into the kiln, but I like her anyway!

http://www.refinedwithfire.com/Angel.jpg

This is the first picture I have ever posted, so I hope it worKs!

--Teresa Marie
Refined with Fire

Shawn T.
12-06-2003, 01:35 AM
I just love her. So pretty and elegant. You should be very proud! Her wings are so beautiful. She looks like she could fly away and land on your shoulder to protect you. I especially like how you did the bottom of her.

Lovely!

Shawn

Donni
12-06-2003, 03:01 AM
Shawn

That is just the cutest! She looks more like a fairy to me tho.... ;)

The wings look great, the texture of them and I really like how you did her base.

Donni

Shawn T.
12-06-2003, 01:29 PM
Donni,

I wish she WAS mine but it was Teresa who made her. I just posted how lovely she was.

Teresa you did inspire me to make an angle last night. You bad girl you, you had me up untill 1:30 she took an hour and a half! If she doesn't crack when I get her off the mandrel I will post a pic of her. My Mom has been asking me if I can make one for 2 years now. I just disn't know how to go ablout doing it until I saw yours. Hope you don't mind.

Shawn

Gayle Harthcock
12-07-2003, 03:00 AM
Wow Teresa - that is gorgeous! Keep on glass woman!