PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried selling on Bidz.com?

tmcclary
12-05-2003, 05:21 PM
I admit to having a jewelry addiction fueled mainly by Bidz.com :p They do have an art and a self-rep section. You need to have whatever business licenses and resale numbers are required by your locale (in other words be a "real" business) to sell there. I have all that stuff so I have put in an application to become a seller. I am a bit weary since all sales must start at $1 with no reserve. I figured I would try some small fast watercolors, or art photos and see how they did. Anyone else tried selling their?

I don't have any serious issues with ebay. I have fun even when I don't sell much. I am just trying to diversify and experiment with other online sales options.

arlene
12-05-2003, 09:41 PM
nope wouldn't...especially since i don't like them insisting every second i install macromedia flash..which was a pop up

they don't seem to have the people, and i see no advantage of putting my workup at $1 no reserve...

tmcclary
12-05-2003, 10:51 PM
I don't get any pop-ups from them, but, yes, that would be annoying. I just figured it was another outlet to try. Lots of people complain about ebay being the only choice. The only way other options are going to become viable is by giving alternatives a try. It has been 48 hours since I put in my seller application and I haven't heard from them yet, so the question may be mute anyway. I would never put up a painting that I wanted a decent amount of money for until I tested the waters with something that had a minimum potential for loss, like photos.

There must be someone there. I was being outbid left and right tonight...lol.