PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Orders

soap
12-05-2003, 11:22 AM
Dawn told me to post this.......immediately........so here it is....
Meant for xmas cards.....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Dec-2003/15421-SANTA_CROPPED.JPG

Pastel, around 9x10 or so.

;)
Merry Christmas!

Dark_Shades
12-05-2003, 11:26 AM
WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO SOAP, IM SO EXCITED BY THIS IM SHOUTING :D .......... I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE IT....... LOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEE IT I TELL YA

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

this is well for me.... YOUR BEST EVER ....... and PLEASSSSSSEEEEE put me on your Christmas Card list...... lol ha ha ha Ive even had the cheek to pm you my addy

hee hee

BLOODY FANTASTIC!!!! :clap:

gRRRRRR...... lol got an error message..... to many clappies lol

soap
12-05-2003, 11:28 AM
hee hee.....:D :D......Thanks Dawn. So many clappies....you'll certainly get a card now!!

Dark_Shades
12-05-2003, 11:36 AM
Ohhhhhh Im such a HAPPY CHAPPIE now...... :D

Thank you Soap

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Stoy Jones
12-05-2003, 11:37 AM
I knew it would show here eventually. Ditto on all those clappies! Lol! I think the round nose works just as well, too. I have to agree, of the pieces I have seen of your work since I started here, I'd have to say this is one of your best and it seems you were really inspired to do this... and it shows!

Stoy

Smudger
12-05-2003, 11:41 AM
Wow Soap...i love it:clap: :clap: merry xmas everyone i'm off to roast some chestnuts

soap
12-05-2003, 11:48 AM
LOL! Everybody's getting into xmas mood now......LOL.....will be getting a tree this weekend hopefully.
If you all say this is my best, then I hope that it might lead to commissions.....:D :D...will be sending it to aaalll my friends...

Smudger
12-05-2003, 11:51 AM
Did Santa send you photo's to work form or did you go to the North Pole and do it from life?:D

soap
12-05-2003, 11:54 AM
oh it was so special. I got a letter from the chief-Elf because he wanted to suprise Mrs Santa with a portrait for on the chimney breast. So I went over there - it's [email protected]@dy cold up there!! and painted from life. Was not allowed to take photos as they were afraid people might find out how to get to their house!

Dark_Shades
12-05-2003, 12:04 PM
ahhhh shucks Soap..... you coudda told us, we wouldnt of spilled da beans :)
..... would love to have played in the snow..... not sure Im happy with the favoritism shown :D

..... its about time this forum got Christmasy ......... putting my deccies up at the weekend...... hey, if its ok with you..... can I put him on as my wall paper :)

....... Did you meet Rudolph...... have mince pies? ....... so what am I getting for Christmas then

Dark_Shades
12-05-2003, 12:14 PM
all YOUR Fault Soap......... Ive just realised I had my kettle boiling...... about half an hour ago........ erm, ...... Ive burnt water!!!! lolol ...... my kettle is all burnt on the stove :eek: :mad: :D

wahhhhhh I wanna cuppa tea

soap
12-05-2003, 12:18 PM
LOL! I am having a cup of tea as we speak......we have those modern electric kettles these days you know.....they switch off once the water has boilt....:D :D.....

Dark_Shades
12-05-2003, 12:26 PM
bah ... Humbug!!!! ..... new fandangled modern technology lol ..... mine has one of those whistles on it so can hear it....... unfortunately...... I didnt put it on ..... :( :D

soap
12-05-2003, 12:28 PM
LOL...you ! ha ha, even the gadgets with old fashioned kettles you don't use! :D :D
I'll whisper in Santa's ear that you need a kettle for xmas......

bnoonan
12-05-2003, 12:29 PM
Oh me too, me too!!! I've been a good girl this year - please tell Santa so he'll remember me and send me a card too.

Sophie - you've arrived!!! This piece is brilliant and I'm sure it's taking a great place of prominence in the house - if not, it should. Lovely job and I'm so glad he stayed still for you in that position for so long. He makes a lovely model with those glowing cheeks. Mrs. Claus is going to love it.

Keep going - those acrylics and pastels are both singing for you right now!!!

Barb

Dark_Shades
12-05-2003, 02:15 PM
Hubbie loves your pic too Soap........ lol, he put me up to this

:D

not the same though lol.......

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Dec-2003/12116-6.jpg

soap
12-05-2003, 02:22 PM
WHOAA! ROFL!!!

must be Santa's nasty brother!
:p :p :D :evil:

bnoonan
12-05-2003, 02:35 PM
Great photoshop Dawn - I'm still chuckling to myself about it.

That hubbie of yours is a kick.

Barb

Dark_Shades
12-05-2003, 02:36 PM
lol Soap...... yeah the evil twin..... Saint Nick....... otherwise known as Old Nick hee hee

Dark_Shades
12-05-2003, 02:43 PM
Lol Barb..... not alot of people know this..... but they actually have a younger brother....... he will step in when they retire..... but cant Until he is of age...... and that will be when he turns snowy white........ but it doesnt stop him from trying on their clothes!!

:eek:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Dec-2003/12116-7.jpg

soap
12-05-2003, 02:45 PM
ROFL.....LOL!!

she's gone mad......:(

:D :D

Dyin
12-05-2003, 02:57 PM
Sophie, wondered why you didn't post here...like the round nose better...you sure did ring Dawn's teakettle, er, bell!!!! :D :evil: :D

Kathryn Wilson
12-05-2003, 04:31 PM
This thread put a great big Christmas smile on my face - love the old-fashioned look of that Santa - not at all commercial looking.

Dawn - you're gonna burn yer house down playin' on the computer. I love your versions of Santa - had me rolling on the floor.

Bubba's Mama
12-05-2003, 04:32 PM
Oh my. Oh wow. Boy, does this bring on the Christmas spirit.
Just amazing.

Being a dedicated lurker, can I have one too???

Susan

Anna Marie
12-05-2003, 07:29 PM
WOW Soap.........Stunned Silence follows.

I really appreciate the way you have captured the light in this piece. Its so special that the Happy Clappy Smilie isnt good enough for it.

Its really good to see a white beard lit up!

Excellent go to the top of the class.

Mo.
12-05-2003, 09:28 PM
WowEEE!! :clap::clap::clap: Sophie, Darn this is is
GOBSMACKING FANTASMORGORICAL!! It's outa this world girly!:)

Now do you want to exchange Santa's?
I have one for you that I did a while ago for Christmas, Deal?

Mo.:)

soap
12-06-2003, 04:32 AM
:D :D Thanks Mo!!

Dark_Shades
12-06-2003, 06:30 AM
Get ya Mince Pies offa him Mo...... lol...... I want him

Got him as my Wall Paper....... sending him to myself at work lol...... I love this guy :D

doe
12-06-2003, 08:58 AM
Sophie, that's the best Santa ever! I love him too!

and Dawn, your Santa's are hysterical!

Dark_Shades
12-06-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by doe
Sophie, that's the best Santa ever! I love him too!

and Dawn, your Santa's are hysterical!

:crying: wahhhhhh lololol ......

Keeping this up in the top 10 for December lol ..... gonna come in and comment on it everyday :D

nougat
12-06-2003, 04:27 PM
Gorgeous Santa Sophie!!!

(I like Dawn's too :D )

nadine

E-J
12-06-2003, 04:36 PM
Sophie, you're really on a roll ... your Santa is superb ... I'd say he's thinking about that glass of brandy he's hoping to find left out for him on Christmas Eve :)

blissfullyunaware
12-06-2003, 04:45 PM
MY FACE HURTS... You guys have me laughing so hard .... :D

Sophie ... this is absolutely fantastic :clap: :clap: He is beautiful! LOVE IT! This is a classic! I've run out of superlatives so I'm just going to have quote Mo.

"GOBSMACKING FANTASMORGORICAL!! It's outa this world girly!"

(in case you're wondering, haven't figured out how to do the quote in the blue box thingy... hehehe...)

thanks so much for sharing him with us :D

Sharon

doe
12-07-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Dark_Shades

:crying: wahhhhhh lololol ......

Keeping this up in the top 10 for December lol ..... gonna come in and comment on it everyday :D

Sorry... didn't mean it in a bad way, just thought the santa hat on those guys looked funny and really thought/hoped Elvis would be next.

soap
12-07-2003, 10:23 AM
oaaah.....Dawn.....so attached to Santa......did you add a new kettle to your wishlist yet?

Thank you all, for your great and funny replies......Glad my Santa is causing so much entertainment!!

Talking about Santa's twin brother..........

This is the Real twin brother:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Dec-2003/15421-sintportret.jpg

I don't know much about Santa, but I do know much about his Dutch brother, Sinterklaas!! We celebrate his birhtday on the 5 December and he brings loads of presents for the kids. Every present is wrapped into something else (a 'surpise') and comes with a poem in which the kid's good or bad behaviour is discussed. Our St. Nick lives in Spain and has loads of black (moorish - yes, not very politically correct) helpers, called Black Peters.
See this history if you're interested:
http://www.thehollandring.com/sinterklaas.htm

The seventeenth century Dutch master Jan Steen painted the celebration famously. You can see the kids with the traditional Sinterklaas' candy and goodies (gingerbread).

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Dec-2003/15421-union-choc-wmaster.jpg

Ok, end of lesson, just thought might be interesting to meet Santa's brother! :D :D

Dark_Shades
12-07-2003, 10:51 AM
No Doe..... I thought it funny too lol ...... Want Soap's Santa listed up top... he's so brilliant..... #

hey lol ...... the guy in the Big Hat..... must be the "'Daddy"' of them all lol

Our Father Christmas must be a relation :D but he lives in the North Pole lol ..... Knew Santa Claus was Dutch... remember the story of him...... supposedly he was known by sight because of he's Red Coat

Putting up my Deccies at the Moment.... Soap ..... can we make this into a Christmas thread?... show Photo's, exchange Christmas Stories etc or anything on the subject .... just a thought :)

Dark_Shades
12-07-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by soap
Dawn told me to post this.......immediately........so here it is....
Meant for xmas cards.....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Dec-2003/15421-SANTA_CROPPED.JPG

Pastel, around 9x10 or so.

;)
Merry Christmas!

.... lol , just wanted to see him on each and every page :)

Dark_Shades
12-07-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by doe

Sorry... didn't mean it in a bad way, just thought the santa hat on those guys looked funny and really thought/hoped Elvis would be next.

ha ha ha Doe...... just saw the bit about Elvis LOLOLOL

soap
12-07-2003, 11:52 AM
yeah Shades, that's what I thought......why not everybody post their christmas paintings as well? Anything at all.....santa's, elfs, trees, candles etc....xmas in pastel!

PegR
12-07-2003, 07:14 PM
Ohmigosh--Sophie, what can I say--everybody's said it already (darn job, interferes with hanging out at WC).

I agree that we need a Christmas thread. I haven't gotten my "deccies" as Dawn put it, so I may be delayed in posting anything. I think we all need some Christmas cheer.

Dawn, we must be related. My sister has also been known to burn water . . .

Peg--Sitting in the middle of the aftermath of a snowstorm that ought to qualify for the "White Project."

Rosic
12-08-2003, 12:41 AM
Soap... I don't think I have ever seen Santa rendered so well. What kindness in those eyes! Thank you!
Rosic

soap
12-08-2003, 04:10 AM
Thanks Peg!
aaah.....thanks Rosic......(nice tiny head btw!) it helps when one knows what characteristics a portrait is suppose to portray......:D :D....did not feel like I had to paint a total stranger :D!
(although he is a bit strange to me.....did not know he drank brandy!....know more about his Dutch brother. :D )

Thanks!

Meisie
12-08-2003, 05:00 AM
Vind ik hartstikke mooi. Een leuke leuke Sinterklaas, en toch geen Santa Claus!
Kreeg je noch een 'S' in je schoentje? Ik vond ze altijd zo lekker!
;)
Meisie

soap
12-08-2003, 05:04 AM
ooh...Meissie......ik heb heimwee naar de Nederlandse Sint!!
Thanks girl!! Still an 'S' in my shoe.........my mum always sends me a parcel....

Meisie
12-08-2003, 05:12 AM
I was talking to a friend in Gelderland recently and her kids were all 'bouncing of the walls'....a few days before Sinterklaas! :D
I used to get my 'C' sent all the way from Amsteram to Pretoria (South Africa)
:rolleyes:
No wonder I still appreciate them ;) (don't get them anymore now though :( )
Meisie

soap
12-08-2003, 05:38 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Dec-2003/15421-overzichtsfotosint.jpg
(could not find a 'C')

Meisie
12-08-2003, 05:46 AM
You are sooooooooooo funny!!!!
(((GROOOOTTTEEEE KNUFFEL!))))))
That reminds me of the Libelle computer wallpaper ( a few years ago) full of speculaas!
My mouth is watering! YIKES!! :D:D:D
Meisie

soap
12-08-2003, 06:05 AM
my mouth too!

:D;)

Dark_Shades
12-15-2003, 06:37 PM
I got my Christmas Order too today....... :D

I ordered a wonderful set of Soap's Santa Christmas Cards........ they are wonderful........ many thanks Soap

Merry Christmas........ ..... Check out the link........ tis luvverly

http://holidays.blastcomm.com/

Dark_Shades
12-15-2003, 06:38 PM
Oops....... that went twice though it said 'Timed Out' :confused:

cjkelly
12-15-2003, 07:06 PM
Sophie - your Santa is superb! Everyone else has taken all the words right out of my mouth....except one....CRIKEY!

:clap:

cj

I like the idea of a dedicated Christmas thread.....who's gonna start - or shall we hijack this one :D :evil:

cj :angel:

soap
12-16-2003, 04:20 AM
Am glad you like them Dawn!!
Go on, CJ, and hijack this thread!!
Anybody painted any Santa's recently? Any good stories to tell?

I've got the best christmas pressie coming next Saturday.........our new pup!! Cannot wait. Am new frantically looking for a name for her......and reading up on how to train puppy's.......

Merry Christmas everyone!!

(oh, and thanks for liking my Santa, CJ!)

Dark_Shades
12-16-2003, 08:29 AM
just wish I had time to paint... wahhhhh

Ohhhhhhhh what type of puppy you getting...... awwwww love doggies :)

soap
12-16-2003, 08:31 AM
Go paint Dawn! Make time.......
although I am not painting much these days either.......just thinking and talking about my new pup.......! It's a Springer Spaniel bitch. Can't wait!! I need a name.......anybody ideas? :D

doe
12-16-2003, 08:45 AM
Oh Sophie, I love Springers. My best dog ever was a female Springer and we didn't name her very well - Missy, however for some odd reason we called her Mona alot, or Miss Mona. She liked that name.:) Good luck with her, you'll love her immensely!

Maryeve
12-16-2003, 08:47 AM
This Is WONDERFUL!!

soap
12-16-2003, 08:58 AM
Thanks Mary!
Hiya Doe -I am sure I'll love her to bits, I already do! lol.....I can already imagine my dog keeping me company while I paint......although pastel dust cannot be good for her.......might have to use more acrylics then......:D

elf
12-16-2003, 01:16 PM
Wow, this is just gorgeous. Good for you! And thanks for posting it. I meant to do great Christmas cards and ended up with a semi-pathetic poinsettia. But I'm inspired to try harder next year!

Dark_Shades
12-16-2003, 01:25 PM
yikes...... lol NOT another Spaniel........... ***Quakes :)

... ohhhhhh lovely Soap..... what sort of colouring.....
what about something festive........ Holly :)
... ohhhhhh ya gotta show pics of her

angeline
12-16-2003, 01:46 PM
Hi Sophie...........your santa is gorgeous! I've just been checking out your web site too......it's wonderful! You look like you have been really busy! It's looking so proffesional! Well done to you........:clap:

soap
12-16-2003, 01:47 PM
Hi Girl, long time no see! Thanks for stopping by! Glad you like my Santa. Good to have you back.

meowmeow
12-16-2003, 04:12 PM
What an absolutely fantasmagorical Santa, Sophie! I love it!!!

Sandy

soap
12-19-2003, 07:45 AM
LOL....fantasmagorical....??.....great word again.......Thanks Sandy!!

Dark_Shades
12-28-2003, 08:19 AM
Just bought two of these for my New Years Eve dinner Party .......
nice huh? :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Dec-2003/12116-Candlearberra.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Dec-2003/12116-RoomLeft.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Dec-2003/12116-11.JPG

doe
12-28-2003, 08:35 AM
Very nice, looks so warm, cozy and Christmassy!:)

nougat
12-28-2003, 10:20 AM
ooooH!!! sooo lovely and xmassy!! just like in the magazines!!!

Happy new year all

nadine