PDA

View Full Version : Finally, but not necessarily on a roll.

djstar
07-23-2001, 10:09 PM
I am a monomanual artist these days, with a burned hand and a bad attitude. Finally I got to ONE open studio so I am posting EVERYWHERE.
Fill up my mailbox with critiques. I feel lonely!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Jul-2001/Glenna.jpg
Underpainting was a lot of blue (Prussian) and crimson. Not sure about that red drape in the back. It comes up very flat. How do you suggest I make the chair seem more of the wingback that it is?
Does the depth at the hand work. It is too unfinished?
I am not sure of how the expression, which I tried very hard to keep loose, looks odd.
Thanks a lot for ALL comments.
dj (sizzle) *

Bobbie
07-24-2001, 11:37 AM
I think she is so very beautiful. I love the colors and the variation of strokes. I am sorry I cannot speak to your questions as I think she is wonderful - wouldn't change a thing.:clap:

Bobbie
07-24-2001, 11:44 AM
Dear D.J.,
Sorry, but I just looked at her again and noticed something I might consider changing - her arm on the left side appears to be outlined somewhat. What would you think about making that a soft edge instead?

Ohju
07-26-2001, 08:51 PM
I think that her expression is just fine....looks like she's relaxing, sleeping...maybe. Hope she doesn't sleep too long, those puppy's will get burned like her face! :p LOL!:D I like the layed back feeling. I think a backrest on the chair would be ok with the drape or red blanket?
Love your loose style! ~Julie