PDA

View Full Version : So you like big beads?

Molten Mike
12-04-2003, 02:20 PM
This bead is almost a weapon of mass destruction. It's 1 1/4" wide x 1 1/16" high. A little bigger than I wanted but that's why they call it experimenting right. It's a horrible pic but I got no sun and no time to make it better.

It must have been the roses.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Dec-2003/21613-must_of_been_the_roses.jpg

AlexM
12-04-2003, 02:26 PM
It's breath taking! It's the most beautiful bead I've ever seen! What do I have to do to get it? :evil:

Laura Brito
12-04-2003, 03:02 PM
The roses are really nice, I have tried for a long time to do roses without alot of sucess. But my skills are as a beadmaker, and I need to learn more about in and out and other skills that are different than what I am used to. It would be great if one of you guys would do a tutorial about something like this in the article publisher here on the site!

Thanks for sharing
Laura

GinnyHampton
12-04-2003, 03:19 PM
<Sir Mix-a-lot> I like BIG BEADS and I cannot lie!

Looks great :)

craftylady
12-04-2003, 04:00 PM
All the other lampworkers cant deny that beads got back.

suzanneMI
12-04-2003, 04:02 PM
Lovely, lovely bead, Mike. I'd love to see another pic if ya got it. :D I want to ogle the roses some more . . .

suzanne the glutton :evil:

Originally posted by GinnyHampton
<Sir Mix-a-lot> I like BIG BEADS and I cannot lie!
Ginny! You're a hoot!

(Reminds me of a comment made by someone who was appreciating a goddess bead (I think by Jacinthe) with "realistic features": "Ooh, baby got back!" HAHAHAHA! One of the funniest things I read in context.)

craftylady, you and I were thinking about the same think at the same time! ;)

Lara
12-04-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by AlexM
It's breath taking! It's the most beautiful bead I've ever seen! What do I have to do to get it? :evil:

DITTO, lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blyneth
12-04-2003, 07:31 PM
Hey Mike! That is gorgeous! As far as too big? No way man. I have lots of beads that big and bigger (not that I made, but that I bought) -- all florals. AND . . . . I have NEVER seen roses this well done! You rule.

I agree with Alex . . . make it available somehow. A raffle?

b

Also . . . put me on the list for your rose-making class. Please. ;)

Booger
12-04-2003, 09:43 PM
Mr. Molten -

That is one drop-dead-gorgeous-beautiful-jaw-dropping bead! WOW WOW WOW! Never seen such realistic looking roses in glass before and as to the size?

Why, that's spacer sized in my eyes! In my opinion, if a bead doesn't make your neck sore from the weight, one should always add more beads.

Doubled-Over Booger:D

DonnaBee
12-04-2003, 10:37 PM
This bead is almost a weapon of mass destruction

That bead is a weapon of mass *delirium*!

*thud*

Shirley C.
12-05-2003, 12:07 AM
mike, it's beautimous!!! your roses are fabulous!

i made 4 beads about a year ago - i was just "experimenting" - and they turned out about the same size as this bead. i've only got 1 left, and i just went to measure it - same dimensions! 1 1/4 x 1 1/16. i had a heck of a time getting those things centered and into a "round" shape. it was after that experience that i decided to get a marble mold with grooves in it for mandrels. and dang, i haven't made one since. you've inspired me! tomorrow is a torch day for me - maybe i'll give one a try.

gorgeous bead!

Molten Mike
12-05-2003, 02:44 AM
you've inspired me!- Shirley C.

That's the best compliment you could give.

Thank you all very much, I feel like I've been breaking some new ground here lately and I've been flooded with ideas so fast I can't keep up with myself.

For those of you who expressed interest in obtaining one of these, this weekend is my last show of the year and I will put all my beads and everything else on my site Monday and some stuff on ebay maybe. I've only put a few things on ebay and didn't do any good but that was a year ago and I had only been working glass for 5 or 6 months, so I may give it another shot.

nursekatie
12-06-2003, 06:53 AM
*sigh*.....wow....that is truly beautiful!!!

(Wouldn't that look wonderful on display at a Glass Art Exhibit?????....hee hee)

StefaniBeads
12-06-2003, 12:06 PM
Wow! Really beautiful, and the best roses I've ever seen!