PDA

View Full Version : Desert

kimpusity
12-04-2003, 01:28 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-04-2003/32186_pinturas_2_semestre_001.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-04-2003/32186_pinturas_2_semestre_002_2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-04-2003/32186_pinturas_2_semestre_003.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Desert
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 30x25 cm. aprox.
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
this is a series of fast oil sketches i did for art school, it took about 15 minutes each (that was a requirement) and i used cardboard with viridian acrylic as the base for the oils.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
any type of critique is welcome.

mfoxmelanson
12-04-2003, 01:41 PM
Welcome! All three are very nice! The second is my favorite-fifteen minutes or fifteen hours- It's just GOOD, in my opinion. There are some wonderful shapes in the third, also. The first seems a little divided- With five more minutes, I'm sure you could take care of that! :)

M.

Phranque
12-04-2003, 01:55 PM
Welcome to WetCanvas. I like your work very much. The second is my favourite. I think the top one would be better without the tree in the centre or a two in addition to the right of it. Good work.

Dana Design
12-04-2003, 02:03 PM
Your second painting in the order is wonderful. Good color balance and rhythm. Can't quite get my eyes around the third, perhaps a shaky digiphoto. The white of the river in the distance is perhaps too white. It could better reflect the color of the sky peeking through.

Good work overall and welcome!
Dana

xavier
12-04-2003, 02:15 PM
Nice work! Reminds me a lot of Cezanne~Welcome! Frank

kimpusity
12-04-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Dana Design
Your second painting in the order is wonderful. Good color balance and rhythm. Can't quite get my eyes around the third, perhaps a shaky digiphoto. The white of the river in the distance is perhaps too white. It could better reflect the color of the sky peeking through.

Good work overall and welcome!
Dana

thank you very much! well, actualy the picture was a little shaky, and it isn't a river, it's a ¿cement? road, in a park called "parque metropolitano", but i agree that it is a little too white, will work on it. White is a very difficult color to master i think.

Gilberte
12-04-2003, 03:17 PM
The second one rocks ............ the two other ones could use some more definition as to value I think.

jerryW
12-04-2003, 03:22 PM
so fauvistical
#3 has a bunch of munch too
great work
always like what comes quickly
the freshness is important.

pero lane
12-04-2003, 05:01 PM
Love the 2nd one...great use of color!:)

dornberg
12-04-2003, 07:22 PM
i like the earthy strata layers

kimpusity
12-05-2003, 01:18 AM
thanks to all of you, your comments have been very encouraging! about the cezanne thing, it's been weird because many people has told me that it looked like cezanne, for one part i like that, but i also want to develop my own style, and it's very difficult i think. The most you study things the more "restrained" you get about composition... from impressionists i try to get their sense of color but in that respect i like fauvists better. I dont know, it's weird with all this stuff about conceptual art in my school, to develop as a "traditional" painter, i mean at least try to develop the ability to paint... well, those were some "open thaughts", a little messy but i'ts a way to thank you all.