PDA

View Full Version : eBay's Real Estate

bowdog
12-04-2003, 11:06 AM
http://art.ebay.com/?expand=1&refid=550

Take a look at the front end dashboard to get into ebay's Art Category. Go ahead, I'll wait.

OK.

See there's a whole third column with nothing in it. They could do us all a favorite and break down the paintings from the 9000 or more in the Sel-Rep Category and the gazillion in the Paintings Area.

They even have a section exclusively for BULK SELLING your art. Sign me up Chester - Ebay selling is so good why I can make money selling them off 10 at a time...

Wholesale Art Paintings, sha, right.

bowdog
12-07-2003, 06:22 AM
Well Heck I guess I wouldn't reply to that one either.
O wait - I just did. Dang.

TeAnne
12-07-2003, 08:30 AM
Popular Searches
1. poster
2. thomas
3. van
4. thomas kinkade
5. horse

timelady
12-07-2003, 06:05 PM
?I'm confused... there are several categories in the 3rd column: Sculpture, Other Art, Self Rep, Wholesale (and then the wholesale breakdown). Nothing wrong with wholesale - I've run a company that sold art wholesale (including some of my own). Just means they're selling to the retail outlets. Same as selling at your artist price basically, the gallery usually doubles it. No different than the gallery taking 50% commission except that you actually get paid for the sale now because ethey're buying outright and not on sale or return. :) Unfortunately the repros (including giclees) and posters made us unable to compete. :(

How woudl you recommend they break down Self- Rep? the same as the other art categories? I'm not so sure that even more division of categories would help. Still convinced that most people use search words anyway rather than just browse categories (even though that's what I do).

Another dumb question -how did you even find this page? Do buyers actually see these 3 columns? I've never seen this page before even when browsing the art categories to buy (starting from the ebay.com main page).

Tina.