PDA

View Full Version : Pen/Ink Let's post - part 3

mclaughlin
07-22-2001, 01:56 PM
Hi,

we took a possible reference Photo for an INK-Project today.
What do you think ?

mclaughlin
07-22-2001, 01:59 PM
We often go to old cemetaries to sketch and take photos.
This I did today with Sepia Ink-Pen:

NorahT
07-22-2001, 04:29 PM
Looks interesting. Would participants be limited to drawing from this one photo or would there be a general heading (such as "Prayer" or "Supplication" or
Cemetary Statuary") with this photo being just one reference source? We would need a title for the project and guidelines as to preferable materials (pen and ink only, or colour and/or brush work to be included). I would be interested in participating, so keep us posted :)

mclaughlin
07-23-2001, 04:10 AM
Hi NorahT,

"Cemetary Statuary/Ink Project" would be a great title. We should invite other mediums too. I posted that idea in the Cafe Guerbois-Forum and a few people would be interested.
Of course, I don't know if a handful of people is enough.

Ink is definetly not mainstream..and never was.

Have a nice day

TeAnne
07-23-2001, 09:31 PM
ummmmmm you want us to draw that?????????? *arghhhhhhhhhhhhh*
luv ya sketch too

Giambologna
07-24-2001, 11:06 PM
i'd definatly be interested and participate in something like this and i'm sure there's more out there that would too --- ??? Kate

mclaughlin
07-25-2001, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by TeAnne
ummmmmm you want us to draw that?????????? *arghhhhhhhhhhhhh*
luv ya sketch too

Hi TeAnne,

if you can't do it, who can ? The fact is: I didn't receive much response from the "Inkers" till now. I guess, Ink is a medium which is done "on the side" (pity) and a project like this will distract the artistst from their main work.

Thanks for your comment. Did I miss some new work of you lately?

Cheerio
ML

mclaughlin
07-25-2001, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Giambologna
i'd definatly be interested and participate in something like this and i'm sure there's more out there that would too --- ??? Kate

I'm afraid, not all that much...
Thanks for your encouragement.

RuthT
07-25-2001, 05:25 AM
Hi mclaughlin - Don't be downhearted about the ink project, there are a lot of inkers out there. I think if you broadened the parameters there would be a better response. I would suggest doing away with the reference and letting people draw what they want. As it is the project is limited by both medium and subject. The subject may not suit everyone's style. I was dubious about the subject , but if you wish to keep it in the guidelines I am willing to give it a try :)

Have just wiped the programming off my scanner and it does not work - accidentally of course. Cannot find the disc to re-instal it and will be away for a couple of days. So I may not be "seen" for a while, but will keep commenting when I can.

Hope you persevere with the INK project - I will support it.

artdude
07-25-2001, 07:42 AM
Hi mclaughlin. I think you have a good idea for an ink project. Sorry it took me this long to respond. I haven't had a lot of time for my art or the internet lately. My job is keeping me very busy, I have been working 12 hour days. The picture you posted would make a GREAT ink drawing using the stippling technique. Thanks for taking the first step in suggesting an ink project :D Once work slows down for me I hope to have more time.

mclaughlin
07-25-2001, 08:10 AM
Thanks a lot for your encouragement. Good ideas. I agree:
No reference, just ink. Maybe mixed with color ?

I just don't get that project running in the project area. I tried and tried....will try again. Maybe one of you could put it on the WC Server ? It's not important for me to see my name somewhere. All I want to see is Ink-Art.

Have a nice day

NorahT
07-25-2001, 08:12 AM
Hi mclaughlin - please go ahead with the ink project - whatever subject you choose I will support it and I know there are others out there who would post.

The "inkers on the side" need a focal point and maybe some of us need a distraction from our main work now and then. Ink drawing has helped me to become more aware of the lights and darks in my work.

I am going away this weekend, but will be back in a week or ten days - full of enthusiasm for a new project :) :)

RuthT
07-25-2001, 08:30 AM
Hi again mclaughlin - definitely with color, or ink mixed with any other medium.

On thinking it over, perhaps we could keep the reference for those who would like to do it, but say that any other subject could be used if prefered. Inkers might like to submit a reference work, and one of their choice.

Hmm - I think discussion works :D

mclaughlin
07-25-2001, 04:28 PM
Hi Ruth and NorahT,

I tried again to create a project. I followed the instructions, still
the "invalid username" - message appears. I'm tired of it.
Have a nice trip Norah.

Bye

artdude
07-25-2001, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by mclaughlin
I followed the instructions, still
the "invalid username" - message appears. I'm tired of it.
Have a nice trip Norah.

Hi mclaughlin. Well I thought I would try to start the ink project for you and guess what?.....I got the same message
"invalid username" Maybe Scott should help out here? Sorry but I tried :(

Christie
07-25-2001, 07:52 PM
If you are willing to include graphite, count me in. Probably, I would make an attempt if it is ink, but it not be my best work...:p

Hopefully, you are able to set this up soon.

bobcue
05-29-2004, 07:08 PM
Ok heres mine ..done with a rotring pen :cool:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-May-2004/34494-2nest.jpg
not sure if I have shown this one before or one slightly different :confused:
forgot used watercolour pencils on this for a bit of colour :p

Allen Carter
06-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Hi mclaughlin,

I just wanted to let you know that your photo and idea did not fall on “deaf eyes” at this end. I thought it was interesting enough to put it in my sketchbook. Some of the graveyards in Germany are very interesting places and quite lovely.

When I was looking for the resting place of Heinrich Kley, in Polling De., I noticed a lot of photographs on the headstones of young soldiers from WWI and WWII. As a veteran of Viet Nam, I felt a comradeship with these young men even though they were at odds with us when they died. Now we commemorate our fallen heroes and all the sacrifices that were made. I think it was all a horrible, tragic loss of too many good souls on all sides.

Allen