PDA

View Full Version : My Christmas Gift to my CEO

nursekatie
11-30-2003, 04:11 PM
My CEO is an incredible humanitarian and a true treasure that we have him at our hospital. He is very supportive of me in my job and also of my art. I wanted to do something special for him to give to his wife, what better than a treasure bracelet?? I had a great time with Jenny and Paul yesterday and Jenny taught me how to make them. The thing about treasure bracelets is that it truly is a labor of love, as you sit there putting it together, thinking of the person that you are making it for and how thankful you are for them.......something beautiful comes out of it!!

Without further ado..............

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Nov-2003/12264-0ceo.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Nov-2003/12264-0ceo2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Nov-2003/12264-0ceo3.jpg

Of course I made beads to use in the bracelet including the small lentil floral that is the clasp.....

Ok...Now I have to finish cleaning the house...hee hee....Thanks for looking!!!

mardi
11-30-2003, 04:46 PM
Lovely Katie! Is that braided wire? That takes patience in abundance...

Mardi

nursekatie
11-30-2003, 05:09 PM
Thank you Mardi for taking a moment to comment!! It is uplostery thread, woven. I guess the pics just don't show how pretty it is.......very difficult to gets pics of it!! It is very time consuming but really rewarding !!! I don't think it is something I would do to just sell.......I don't think you could ever get the true worth out of it.......just something I would do as a labor of love for someone...of course I can think of so many people who I would love to make one for! But then...I love to give gifts!!

Linnea
11-30-2003, 05:12 PM
what a wonderful and beautiful gift.
:D

Shawn T.
11-30-2003, 06:18 PM
Your CEO's wife is a lucky woman. You can see all your time in effort, and love you put into it. Beautiful!

Shawn

nursekatie
11-30-2003, 07:36 PM
Thank you :)

wmo
11-30-2003, 08:34 PM
your beads just get better and better! I've been watching!

Great braclet! It is a labor of love.

JavaGirlBT
11-30-2003, 08:49 PM
It really is very pretty and very thoughtful of you. I like how you "meditated" on the person to whom it's going. That puts lots of love into it.

debkauz
11-30-2003, 10:17 PM
Katie, that's beautiful.
Debbie

Beads-Me!
11-30-2003, 11:54 PM
It's wonderful Katie - she'll love it!!

:cool: Nancy

Tink
12-01-2003, 01:24 AM
It's breathtaking, Katie!!!!

SonyaHusko
12-01-2003, 03:10 AM
Beautiful work! I love all of the flowers, and the color combination is great. I hope MY boss's wife doesn't see this. I mean, I like the guy okay, but that's a LOT of work! I hope your boss's wife LOVES it!!!!!

koregon
12-01-2003, 03:28 AM
Katie!
that is one gorgeous bracelet and what a gift...wow! a treasure for sure...a lot of work......when did you find the time? you busy woman you!

kbeads
12-01-2003, 04:13 AM
Wow!!
I love this bracelet. What a super gift. I work at a hospital also and, can I borrow your CEO. Ours isn't worth a hill of beans :eek:

nursekatie
12-01-2003, 06:43 AM
You guys are the best!! Thank you :)

Kbeads......It is very typical for CEO's of hospitals to have short runs.....maybe yours will leave soon!!! LOL.....I keep praying ours will stay for a while.....he has stayed longer than most and is actually working on projects that should keep him longer......plus he likes it here, so......I just keep praying!!!

Kaye.....shhhh don't tell......I made this bracelet instead of doing reports that I should have been doing ...hee hee.....its ok...the reports will get completed....and all will be right with the world :)

Gayle Harthcock
12-01-2003, 12:28 PM
Wow Katie - I love your bracelet and beads! If you worked for me, you would be definitely due for a HUGE raise!!!

nursekatie
12-01-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Gayle Harthcock
Wow Katie - I love your bracelet and beads! If you worked for me, you would be definitely due for a HUGE raise!!!

LOL..if that was all it took!!!

You all are so sweet...thank you for your comments!!!

GinnyHampton
12-01-2003, 04:41 PM
BEEEEEEAUTIFUL! What a fabulous gift. Your flower lentils rock!!

Zonnestraaltje
12-01-2003, 06:14 PM
Katie,

I think everybody already said everything I wanted to...so this is just a hug from me to say that I think you are a wonderful person who makes wonderful art! Thanks for sharing the story and pic. :D

3SistersBeads
12-01-2003, 07:48 PM
OMG Katie! That is so awesome!

So, now I wanna know how you made it!:D How did you do the thread part? It's just so cool and I love the whole idea of it.

What a special personal this CEO must be. I hope his wife appreciates it!

Blessings,
Leslie

redhotbeads
12-01-2003, 07:54 PM
Gorgeous, Katie - your CEO's wife will love it. It's truly beautiful.
Kelly

kctori
12-01-2003, 09:16 PM
Katie, that's a wonderful bracelet! I love the fact that it's so different than what we've been seeing... perhaps you'll share the technique *(after you're done with your reports!)* *(and after you're done with the house...)*... what's most admirable is that you're being very proactive! Here it is only the first of December - and you've got that gift all finished! You, m'dear are just too cool!

StefaniBeads
12-02-2003, 08:27 AM
Wow!

I could never have the patience to sit down and make something like that! If I did, it would take a year, lol! :D

Katie, this is really special! I love it!! I know the one receiving it will too! :)

nursekatie
12-02-2003, 08:35 AM
You all are so good for my spirit right now....thank you :)

Nokomis
12-27-2003, 12:55 PM
:clap: Yeah Katie!:clap: Your bracelet is gorgeous! I wish that I could have seen it in person! I love the idea of the flower lentil for a closure bead. How beautiful is that!!!!! I am sure that your boss loved it! It will be a long lasting reminder of friendship - which is one reason why I love this art form so much! Your weaving is exceptional! Even and rhythmic - you are a natural! Bravo!!!!!! It is a true work of beautiful art!!!!

Nokomis

Jamn!
12-27-2003, 08:36 PM
Katie, that is really beautiful! He is a lucky CEO to have someone who appreciates him!!! and his wife if a lucky duck too!

I like the funkiness and the freedom I see in the bracelet. Plus the beads are pretty too!

Heidi

Peg
12-27-2003, 10:14 PM
Sitting here recuperating after showing some new beaders how to make a round bead and now everyone has gone. I turned the computer on to re-lax and saw your wonderful bead and it up lifted me. I can tell you put so much time and effort in such a lovely piece. Loved the clasp, great idea. So nice to hear your appreciation of a great boss and I bet his wife is great, also and will appreciate such a special gift. How could one not. Peg M