PDA

View Full Version : glass sculpture

burb72
11-30-2003, 03:33 PM
the second successful glass sculpture I have made, it is about 15 inches high. Just wondering what people thought. Have a good one, mike
ps web site is http://home.everestkc.net/mparker789/

Foofaraw
11-30-2003, 03:40 PM
Is it a bush with flowers and leaves? I like it, buy I'm not sure what it is!

Isrin
11-30-2003, 04:57 PM
That is really cool. I can not even begin to imagine the amount of time it took to do that. Keep up the great work.

Erin

Molten Mike
11-30-2003, 04:57 PM
That's pretty cool, sort of Chihuly like. Is it blown or solid?

gwacie
11-30-2003, 05:04 PM
Nice. I thought the same thing - Chihuly like component structure. Great second effort!!! Way better than anything I've tried that tall (ok, I haven't tried ANYTHING that tall lol).

froggee501
11-30-2003, 08:54 PM
Lol... you must be on the right track, 'cause I thought the same thing: very Chihuly like. Looks cool! :)

Emma

Tink
12-01-2003, 01:25 AM
Fabulous!!!! What a breath of fresh air to the forum! Welcome, and please tell us more about your setup and process...

Sometimes art is a feeling and isn't representative of anything concrete...

midniteburner
12-01-2003, 01:49 AM
Way too cool!!!!!!!!!

Could it be the back of a woman's head?

Tell us more... please.

Sara

swamperfolk
12-01-2003, 09:10 AM
I like it and it doesn't HAVE to be anything. It does remind me of bubble wrap. Don't ya just want to squeeze those little buggers?

burb72
12-01-2003, 10:12 AM
Each ball is blown glass, first I made a substructure then attached the blown balls, the top is slightly modular so you can insert hooks into the structure so that you can move it. It did take forever but most of my stuff does. The cool pics are the detailed ones. The thing is pretty cool because when you change your position it changes because each ball is distorted which bends the view of the substructure. anyway, thanks for the comments,
mike
ps web site is :http://home.everestkc.net/mparker789/

Judy in MN
12-01-2003, 10:21 AM
Amazing. There is so much visual interest there. I'm imagining it with different light sources around it and at different angles. You'd never get bored with it, that's for sure. I could see it near a sunny window in my house with the first rays of sunshine striking it in the morning.

On second thought, that would just expose all the dust cuz I'd rather make beads than do housekeeping. :rolleyes: Guess I'd better keep admiring from afar. :)

Judy in MN

burb72
12-01-2003, 02:06 PM
Dont have to worry about dust, currently making base, that has a glass enclosure, will post when done.

burb72
12-02-2003, 09:56 AM
First take tubing, then wrap it with cane a couple of times to create air pockets, then blow the bubble, then add glass to the bubble to make thin and thick sections to distort the structure behind it. Thanks for all the cool comments.
mike

Jayglass
12-02-2003, 10:56 PM
really cool ... My first thought was it is Chihuly -esque also... i think it would light up very nice with different colored lights !

NICE WORK !!!!!!!!!!

Jay

jayglass.com (http://www.jayglass.com)

Alene
12-03-2003, 02:32 AM
Now that is SERIOUSLY cool!! I love the close-ups! Nice work on the website - are you going to cast some of those sculptures in glass?

burb72
12-03-2003, 10:27 AM
Cool idea to cast, it is boro, it would have to be about 17-18 inches high and 12 inches wide in boro. I dont even have the tools at this time to do something like that. The current plan is to put in in a glass dome and then i am making a base about 14-15 inches high out of hydrocal. I have alot of projects in mind though that casting it in solid boro would be a cool idea just from the standpoint of not having to dust it all the time. Thanks for the ideas and kind comments,
mike