PDA

View Full Version : Ranch

Sandi
07-22-2001, 03:42 AM
Hi! All comments welcome.
Pastels on wc paper.

TeAnne
07-22-2001, 05:59 AM
Sorry Sandi, I can hardly see this one, is very dark, could be this laptop, I will have a look later at home.

jerryW
07-22-2001, 10:19 AM
a strong moody eminence is engendered in this painting.
dark colors mix comfortably almost narcotically dreamy.

Sandi
07-22-2001, 06:02 PM
Thank you Jerry. I tried to capture the long deep shadows of the late afternoon with the top of the hill still bathed in light. A very dreamy time of day for me, I'm tickled pink that it 'shows'. Thanks! :)

TeAnne, Here's another attachment. I lighted and brightened it in photoshop. Hopefully it'll show up better for you. Let me know if this works for ya or not.

dornberg
07-22-2001, 06:54 PM
i think the colors are quite complete and work

TeAnne
07-22-2001, 11:52 PM
OMG, this place moves so quick. I found you on the 2nd page. :(
This IS lovely. :) Well done gf. :cat:

bluesage
07-23-2001, 06:35 AM
Sandi, I really like the overall feeling in this, but wonder if a little highlight or slight definition to the animal closest would help. I cannot seem to make out what kind of animal it is.
Love your color choices.:)

4vincent
07-23-2001, 09:58 AM
Sandi,

I'm glad you lightened the image, my monitor here really bytes! :)

I like it too, with it colors and textures enhancing its moody quality. I agree that the animals are vague, but I interpret them only as spots of colors and shapes, secondary to what you're trying to convey. Ken

Sandi
07-23-2001, 03:36 PM
Thanks (((all)))) I really appreciate your input. :)

The first cow, in real life, is REALLY good. I was stoked at myself, in fact. lol. But, in the jpg it lacks terribly. I think I'll add a bigger cow and turn the first into a calf. Then I'll play a bit more with the further ones... making them subdued yet recognizabler. Sounds good on paper?

Here's Mom & Dad's ranch scene that I've taken from. Fire away! :)

arourapope
07-23-2001, 06:23 PM
Sandi,
I can tell they are cows. NO problem. And I'll tell you something else: I lived on a ranch for ten years. Awesome. I could hear the cows chew. This painting really captures a feel, a mood, a time of day. The fields stretching on............you got it. *Don't Mess with it No More!!!!* :D
Aurora/who misses the cows terribly :crying:

Sandi
07-24-2001, 04:12 PM
Aurora, you're welcome to come to our ranch any time. :)

Thanks for your comments all. I'll leave as is, like Ken and Aurora suggest, and I'll begin a new one with larger cows for the greenhorns. :)
:::kicking off my shoes cuz I hate getting my shoes dirty and heading for the hills:::

ftb
07-24-2001, 04:35 PM
This is nice the light beam shining on the cows only, I like this type of work nicely done...

Sandi
07-25-2001, 08:39 PM
Thank you FTB. :)
Hey! Are you from Southern or Northern Cal?

ftb
07-26-2001, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by ftb
This is nice the light beam shining on the cows only, I like this type of work nicely done...

Centrial Cal. Modesto

Sandi
07-26-2001, 02:28 PM
Modesto! Oh my gosh. I was raised mostly in Ceres with a year or two in Gilroy at IOOF, before moving to nor cal. :) My Aunt and Uncle had a horse ranch in Turlock all their life. My Dad's family had a horse ranch in Modesto/ceres/turlock somewhere. (they disowned me when I was 2. Guess I was too terrible in my 2's, lol. It's their loss, let me tell ya.). Remember the movie American Graffiti? I swear that one car fanatic guy was taken from my oldest brother. He spent every night cruising Modesto in his 'baby'.
Hmmm, I seem to be spilling my life story. lol. Well, there's more, but I'll save it for a rainy day.
Maybe we know some of the same families? Email me sometime.

animal
07-26-2001, 06:07 PM
This is Awesome,Sandi! I especially like how you have done the sky and the way you have done the grasses and the colours you have used. :) :cool: :angel: :angel: :clap: