PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Violent content

everetto
07-22-2001, 01:15 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Jul-2001/pick.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Jul-2001/pick_copy.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not much mystery in this one. It was really a joy to paint though.

ZOTMA
07-22-2001, 01:30 AM
A joy to paint:D
inside your head the carnivorous demons gently tonguing the cheek, lapping the victims sweets, defiantly still gnawing when discovered by the light. Like it but it gives me a touch of heartburn.

everetto
07-22-2001, 02:24 AM
ZOTMA darling, you give me a touch of heart - burn.;)

bbbilly1326
07-22-2001, 05:17 AM
Joyfully gruesome ! :evil:

The technical skill is amazing, also as evidenced in your tinyhead, which BTW I admire each time I see it. The mood of darkness you manage to convey in a sensitively rich and skillful way is enviable.

Bill

ArtyHelen
07-22-2001, 08:30 AM
ick.

But very well done as always, everetto!

(Scott - we still need that icon?! Would be nice, when people aren't as considerate as everetto with their subject lines!)

Helen

mame
07-22-2001, 09:34 AM
Give me imagination and skillfull use of complimentaries and...I'm in love.

SDavy
07-22-2001, 10:04 AM
I think it's fantastic.The blood on the teeth in the detail shot is so well done. The eate and the eaten have similar eyes- a bit like Saturn eating his children. And the stones in the background, the lair of the dark soul...? really puts you there. I have some very dark horror stories that need this sort of painting!
I'd love to know what gave you this idea? - Makes me think of a quote
my great aunt said when she saw Jaws-"good to the last bite!" (she was a bit odd)
Stephanie

Gavinart
07-22-2001, 10:15 AM
DAMN! Clive Barker look out! There's a new guy in town. You really convey a sense of horror and mystery/darkness in your work. The way you warp this poor victims body perfectly in his own purgatory is unique and very well done. Not to mention the rnedering, masterful! A hint of Goya's dream world, evolved into the 21st century.

www.toddmarrone.com
07-22-2001, 11:29 AM
Michaelangelo did a very similar composition titled "Jupiter eating his Young", I think.

Help me if I'm worng.

Victor
07-22-2001, 11:36 AM
I came in and looked because of the warning. You don't scare me none...lol Brilliantly done though...:)

everetto
07-22-2001, 04:30 PM
bbbilly- Thanks, and I like your tiny-head alot too!

ArtyHelen- Warning: you're contradicting yourself by being here.

mame- Thank you, I try to use both.

Sdavy- I'm getting away from book illustration, but I still have many contacts in the genre of horror fiction. If your stories are good, I could hook you up right. Here are a couple old covers of mine. "The Throne of Bones" is an extraordinary read by the way.

Gavin- I like Clive Barker's art too, I have often wondered if he, in particular, has seen my work. His status as a writer/artist is often used to promote the artwork of others in the form of favorable quotes, etc. I do have a rather flattering recommendation from Berni Wrightson (That was a very good day!) And yes, Goya is high on my list of influences.

todd- Are you sure you're not thinking of the previously mentioned work by Goya (or Rubens)? You might be right though, I'm not sure.

Victor- BOO! :)

Thank you all!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Jul-2001/throne.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Jul-2001/deadinn.JPG

ArtyHelen
07-22-2001, 04:38 PM
ArtyHelen- Warning: you're contradicting yourself by being here.

If you think that, it's very obvious you weren't hearing me. :)

Helen

www.toddmarrone.com
07-22-2001, 05:18 PM
You're right, it was Goya. Here's the image for those interested.

http://quizzart.free.fr/varo/goyasat.jpg

ronin
07-22-2001, 10:36 PM
Very cool. Nice use of color and contrast. Demonic. :)

Cabal
09-27-2001, 02:09 PM
man oh man oh man oh man...

the more i see your work the more envious i am of your work and the more i want to see more of it.

something that you do that my art professors always yell at me about is the way you use black to define the objects and figures. i personally prefer doing that... it doesn't have to always be about color.

in fact i've grown afraid in using black and white into my color paintings for fear of achieving the wretched "chalky" effect my professors hate. oh well.

also... i think the basis of your composition and the way you've abstracted the victim's body is very clive barkeresque. i'm assuming you've seen his paintings and know what i'm talking about... was this intentional? i have a graphic novel of rawhead rex... another similarity i'm seeing here.

i am in awe

Cap
09-27-2001, 03:09 PM
You are very good at it.
Scared me! My hubby is a fan of the macabre, I am fascinated by it.
I often wonder how people such as yourself come up with these images. I suppose you get most from what has been written?
Give me some insight if you can.

giniaad
09-27-2001, 07:36 PM
Everetto...what drew me to view your work originally was
your tiny head...or your little head...what ever you call those hallmark icon images we submit of ourselves...

this one is the nighmare I did not want to revisit...
but it's presence is not lacking in talent.
it definately speeks to humanity , though...like it or not.
fear...the unknown...the boogie man...what ever...
this imagry has it's place in the history of artist...as shown...

though I base myself in the possitive...
I am aware of the opposite...
and understand it's passions...

you express those passions well...
for better or worse...
who knows...
ginia

mame
09-29-2001, 09:23 AM
Hey Everetto. Did you get message? [email protected]