PDA

View Full Version : WEEKLY SCUMBLE (28 Nov - 4 Dec)

E-J
11-28-2003, 09:32 AM
Nobody seems to have taken the leap into a new week, so I thought I'd do the honours. Forgive me if I'm a little hyper but I've only got two and a half hours of work to endure before my NINE DAYS of holiday begin!!

A couple of days ago I awoke to find that not only had I reached the status of 'Lord of the Arts' (over 2000 posts! yikes! wherever do I find the time to paint?) but that also I'd earned a 'project participation ribbon' ... so thank you to the mysterious gods of WetCanvas for this recognition :)

Happy weekend to everyone in Pastels!

sundiver
11-28-2003, 10:21 AM
Good morning, scumblers!:)
Nine days, E-J: lots of artwork coming up I hope!
I have a little time and should be working but..... We had Parent-Teachers last night and will again this afternoon. I got 60 families last night and am exhausted. But the kids did their show-and-tells to their parents and everyone left beaming. I got lots of positive comments and no negatives, so that's good, but my voice is about gone.

I haven't lifted a pastel all week. I'll hopefully make it to the WDE which is Friday this weekend (check the WC Gallery for details) and that'll be it for the weekend. My DH invited a family of 8 new Canadians ,who speak only French and Swahili, for dinner tomorrow. Julie is in a volunteer program at the Y where a teen befriends a recent refugee teen, from a different culture, to help her adjust to her new life here. Fortunately our own kids are bilingual, but I'll be smiling and serving food!

Hope you Americans are recovering from turkey overload, and the rest of you, have a great weekend!
Wendy

Dark_Shades
11-28-2003, 01:13 PM
sounds..... erm .... interesting Wendy :)
...... well thankfully, month end has finished :) ...... been hard graft!!!.... so say the least... now can look forward to next months!!!! :p .... hopefully, can chill out somewhat, and hoping it will be more relaxed with Christmas coming.... well I did say hopefully ...... waiting for my hairdresser to turn up now.... looking at the clock, he's late..... (as normal) :) .... I have from 3 days off next week ...... and its my birthday week too ...... HINT!!! HINT!!!..... nothing I actually want... how sad is that.... well apart from a bigger house ........ more time......
Hubbie brought home the other commission pic on a floppy disc.... not even looking yet :( .......... Im starting to feel allllll Christamassie :D ....... gotta hit the shops tomorrow..... going out next Friday night on Firms office Christmas 'do ....... got the firms party on the erm, something or other lol .... all sounds a very grand affair.... they hold it in the building...... and you know how glorious that is .... when I went for the interview around this time last year........ a huge beautiful decorated Christmas tree was in the centre ........ booked the departments places in the Roof Top Restaurant for Christmas din dins on the 17th ...... Christmas dinner 'do with all my ex co-workers for the 19th...... Ha! ..... hubbie has just walked in with my tea :D ..... a McDonalds lolol ....... and the hairdresser is.... still late wahhhhh

nougat
11-29-2003, 01:38 AM
Hello all!!!

sorry not to have been posting for a while but I've been looking!!:)

Well done E-J for your WC! 'promotion' :clap:

We've finally replaced the old hand held scanner but I haven't yet got the hang of the new one... so little time so much to do....

nadine

Mary Robinson
11-29-2003, 05:58 PM
Hi All,

I've not gotten any painting done, have started the shipwreck but things got a bit rough this week. Both my daughters currently live in Los Angeles, they share an apt, there was a drive-by outside of their place, they are both ok, then their father came to visit for Thanksgiving and proceeded to set fire to the apt, once again, they are ok. But I am a nervous wreck ;). The good news is they are both moving out of LA, the oldest to Wash DC near her father (hopefully she can keep him out of the kitchen) and the youngest with me in the Great Pacific Northwest.

But I'm not sure I'm going to get the shipwreck finished, I've decided I don't like it :D.

Hopefully all that celebrate had a nice Thanksgiving. :)

Mary

nougat
11-30-2003, 11:54 AM
Thank goodness your daughters are fine, Mary! What frights you've had!! Hope fully you'll worry a bit less when they've settled into their new homes.

nadine

Dark_Shades
11-30-2003, 12:02 PM
Yikes!! Aka, yes glad they are all ok ..... 'drive by' .... is that one of those shootings? ..... glad to say, such an alien thing for us over this side of the water..... and is this the SECOND time he has set fire to the place? or once again they are safe lol ...... make sure where ever HE is.... Fire Alarms are fitted and tested EACH week lol

blissfullyunaware
11-30-2003, 04:19 PM
Hey everyone!! Busy Busy Busy... There are so many new pieces that it will take me the best part of a week to "catch up" on everyone!! Glad to see everyone checking in to let us know they had a safe and happy weekend (holiday for those of us in the states). Mary, must say there must be a guardian angel with your daughters... can see why you would be a nervous wreck! DS how do you have the time to do everything you do!?!?!? Just seen the portrait you finished of the 3 pups... beautiful and in just under a week? And E-J again thanks for taking the time to get us going here... Congrat's on the badge and ranking, well deserved recognition! I've been too busy myself, started doing volunteer work at the local Humane Society shelter and the co-op gallery I'm going to have some pieces in will be opening next weekend (it was supposed to open this weekend but "technical difficulties" lolol). Just finished another painting in hopes of getting it in there too, but will see, its a lot of out lay for framing and such to get them hung. Well for everyone who hasn't said anything... What's up? Take care all! :D

~~~Sharon

Mo.
12-01-2003, 08:35 PM
Hi folks, thanks E-J for starting this weeks Scumble, I personally still prefer the old daily mumble scrabble, scumble, scrumble, tumble, but there we go, maybe I'll resurrect it next week, this one seems to get buried.

Just wanted to draw your attention to this month's project ~~ your project leader is Kyle/Kat, and her subject is ~~ painting white..." When White isn't White"~~ quite a challenge for you, but fun too, I know it's a busy time of year, but if you have the time please support our monthly project.

Kyle has been planning this one for a few months I know, so I hope you will have time to enter.

Also check out Dawn's new challenge.

Mo.:)

CarlyHardy
12-01-2003, 09:00 PM
I am busy this week framing! and I have decided that I most definitely do not enjoy all this left brained activity. :) I'd much rather be painting and leave the cutting, matting, and making paper stick to wood to someone else! However, the difference in the costs of professional framing and my putting it together is too great to discount....so, it's framing time!

Of course, I have thought of switching back to oils to get out of all this, too! :D NOT!

My daughter is back in school, my husband is out-of-town...no cooking, no cleaning, no shopping! Don't pinch me! I don't want to wake up :)
carly

Mikki Petersen
12-02-2003, 02:13 PM
Hey E-J! Congrats on your recognitions! And have great fun with those 9 days whatever you do with them...they go by so fast!

Mary...gasp! Just hearing your daughters have been living in LA makes my grey hair go white, but then to hear of all that's been happening! Glad they are getting out of there.

Carly, your week sounds like the best one so far. Nothing like a little solitude to soothe the soul...not that we do not love our families to death...but absense (?) makes the heart grow fonder!

Wendy, I admire you for your courage being a teacher in this day and age. Between the attitudes of the young and the overprotective trend for parents, you are the real hero!

so far my week is quiet and I have done several paintings. After working with watercolors for a while, it was different switching back to the pastels. I also started a colored pencil work over Thanksgiving.

We took our travel trailer and parked it in our son's driveway. The only way to visit! It was wonderful to have my own little home to escape to when the festivities began to encroach (I'm a bit of a hermit;) ). Anyway, tomorrow, we head down to my daughter's place dragging our little home on wheels behind us. I've been doing decorative painting in the grandkid's bedrooms. This week, it's the Eiffel Tower for my granddaughter...

Have a lovely week wherever you are and whatever you do!

Mikki Petersen
12-02-2003, 06:56 PM
Oh, hey...lookit that! Patron Saint Mikki...has a certain ring to it, dontcha think, LOL. E-J, we'll have to pop the bubbly in each other's honour!

Actually, it probably means I spend to much time staring at this @##$#^%$ machine:evil:

nougat
12-03-2003, 06:28 AM
Congrats 1mpete on your newly bestowed 'patron sainthood'.

Well done - much deserved!!

nadine

Mikki Petersen
12-03-2003, 02:19 PM
Thanks Nadine! Hope you are having a great day!

sundiver
12-04-2003, 01:49 PM
Just wanted to invite you all to leaflin's Weekend Drawing Event. :)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Dec-2003/6393--wdeDec6leaflin.jpg

Mary Robinson
12-04-2003, 02:53 PM
Hi there :)

So far so good, oldest daughter is on her way to Wash DC to be near her father (long as she keeps him out of the kitchen, she should be fine) and the youngest is with me now, she made it safely. She's in the process of being spoiled rotten, her stepfather has promised her a kitty, has cooked her his famous spaghetti sauce and the dog has adopted her. Things looking much better at the end of this week than the beginning. Thanks for all the concerns and heartfelt support. :)

Mary