PDA

View Full Version : Music and Dancers

JamieWG
11-26-2003, 08:10 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-26-2003/13766_Still_Life_Dancers_Statue_112503_450.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Music and Dancers
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 12X16
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
I'll be darkening the base of the statue to bring it out a bit more from the tabletop. Painted from life.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Usually I spend 4-20 hours on a still life, so you can imagine how short on time I felt having only a couple of hours for this. I thought I'd just do it as a study and wipe it after the session, but now I'm kind of liking the 'unfinished' character of it. It's not my normal still life style, so I'm wondering.....Does it work?

Wayne Gaudon
11-26-2003, 08:36 AM
It works for me ..

but LOL ..
as a preference I would prefer to see the purple less intense in key and some of the muted purple in the shadows of the base and lighter values of it on the note page. Just thoughts .. :D

pero lane
11-26-2003, 11:22 AM
Looks great...Wayne's suggestion to bring some of the purple in to other areas sounds good. Also it could stand very well on it's own without the page.:)

artbabe21
11-26-2003, 12:36 PM
'The Three Graces' dancing up a storm! Nice job Jamie! It's such a gift to see what we can do/see with unfinished studies. I really like this! I am for Wayne's suggestion if you decide to do more...:)