PDA

View Full Version : Unison Pastels - 1.15/US$1-75 each

DavidF
07-20-2001, 03:01 PM
This is NOT an advertisement, and I have NO connection with any supplier or manufacturer! However, I notice that Unison pastels are getting quite a good vote in the 'favorit brand' pole, and I like them too; as a beginner I find them soft, but not so soft that they are difficult to control.

The normal price here in UK, where they are made, is about 1-50, (US$2-25?) and I've seen them on US sites at US$3-99.
http://www.jacksonsart.com based in UK supply for 1.15/US$1-75 each. They also supply sets of 18,36 and 72 at a slight discount. Postage within UK is free if over 30 spent. I presume they will supply to USA etc., as their terms state that overseas shipping is at cost and invite you to email for details.

If anyone finds this to be a good source for them, please let me know.

Regards DavidF

sandge
07-20-2001, 03:55 PM
:confused: I couldn't find any pastels - it seemed to be an artist's site.

DavidF
07-20-2001, 04:49 PM
Oops! Two things seem to be wrong.

Firstly I left out the seond 's' in Jacksonsart. I have edited my original post to correct this.

Secondly, when I click on to the (now modified) link, I seem to call upon a non-existent site called jacksonsart.com/a !! This is not my first failure to get the hyperlink in correctly. Sorry!:mad:

So, you may have to copy-and-paste the correct URL, which once again is:-

http://www.jacksonsart.com

Edit:- Yippee! This link works! :clap:
Good luck!!

DavidF

Roan
07-20-2001, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by DavidF
. . .Secondly, when I click on to the (now modified) link, I seem to call upon a non-existent site called jacksonsart.com/a !! This is not my first failure to get the hyperlink in correctly.

Fixed ;)

Bobbie
07-21-2001, 02:23 PM
Dear David,
Thanks so much for your post. :clap: I, too, love Unison pastels. I have just sent an inquiry to Jackson regarding price for shipment of an 18 pc. set. Will let you all know when I receive their response.

Bobbie
08-02-2001, 02:12 AM
:clap:
Hello, Pastellists,
I have a LOVELY story to tell about Jacksons. I placed my order with them on Friday, 7/27 and received my shipment TODAY, 8/1/01. That in itself is absolutely incredible. They are absolutely wonderful to deal with. Their service is truly remarkable - as is their pricing. The only hitch I had was on their website when I tried to place my order, I wound up in an endless loop trying to input USA instead of UK for shipment. Persons from USA do not pay the VAT (value added tax). I wound up printing out my order and faxing it to them. Because those of us from USA do not pay VAT, the price per each was approx. $1.42. The prices on set of 18 were about $24 and the "Special Set" which retails for about $72 here was $27. You also have to add in the cost of 1% conversion fee from either MC or Visa International. Check with your credit card companies to determine which ones add an additional 2% tacked on to that 1%. I only paid 1%. You must also add on cost of shipping - in my case it was approx. $14 as I ordered 2-18 pc. sets plus an additional 9 single pastels. Every pastel arrived in perfect condition. I would highly recommend them and will continue to order from them. Once again, their site is: http://www.jacksonsart.com.

DavidF
08-02-2001, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the feedback. It's good to know you have found them so rewarding. Darn it, without the VAT (= sales tax at 17%), you almost get them cheaper than I do even after paying shipping. I have drawn their attention to your posting and suggested they try and sort the "endless loop" problem.

Note, that like my earlier attempts, the link in Bobbie's post does not seem to work (for me at least). It is probably the lack of space after the "..is:". Perhaps Bobbie could edit it. Until then, use the one in my previous posting.

Regards, DavidF

MarshaSavage
08-02-2001, 09:44 AM
I read Bobbie's review (in an e-mail linked to a webring) regarding ordering Unison from this UK store and so went to their website. I tried to order online from Jackson's Art. Ended up in the same loop - said I had entered a different address than the UK that the first order form doesn't give you the opportunity to change.

I sent them an e-mail regarding the problem and for them to send me the correct instructions to order from them online. Can't wait to find out how - as I don't have fax capabilities.

Good to see this posted here also. Will let you all know what I hear from them!

Marsha --
Marsha Hamby Savage Art (http://marshasavage.artistnation.com)

DavidF
08-02-2001, 11:14 AM
Marsha,

I hope Jacksons sort out the ordering-on-line problem. They ought to.
However, if they can't do it straight away, how about checking your Word Processor software. I think most WP's since 1996-ish have included a faxing facility, linking with your modem. I know Word97 (and later) did. Also, modem software itself should provide some faxing capability.

Regards, DavidF

Bobbie
08-02-2001, 04:51 PM
Hi, Guys,
Marsha - here's another way to order - Just e-mail them with your order at:[email protected] (If this link doesn't work, just use David's and change words at beginning of link)

I was so engrossed in telling you my great story that I forgot to tell you about what I ordered: The Special set, which is composed of 18 very intense hues ranging from oranges to purples and blue-greens is gorgeous. They are the colors of a brilliant sunset! The set of Dark Jewel Tones is what we in USA call Dark 1 set. The colors are deep, rich and dark & lovely. I also ordered some of the Additional Greys which are delicate and moody. I'm so pleased with all the items I ordered.

David, please don't throw a pastel at me, but would you like me to order pastels for you & then ship to you? :angel: Oh no, I feel something hitting me. ;.) Actually, zillions of thanks for telling us about this terrific shop.