PDA

View Full Version : Dried Sunflowers for Sage, 1999

Gavinart
07-20-2001, 09:44 AM
This painting is Oil on Linen, 24"/28". I created this painting the day I found out my wife was pregnant with our daughter Sage. I remember the day vividly. I plan on handing it down to her when she is on her own. As for now, it sits above her crib. I 'completed' this painting in one sitting.

Please let me know what you think...

http://www.gavinart.com/pix/driedsunflowers.jpg

jerryW
07-20-2001, 10:07 AM
I like finding little storms of the major colors turq red and yellow green inside each of the majorly yellow sunflowers.

SDavy
07-20-2001, 11:17 AM
:cat:
I love the colors, especially the background turquoise. One thing troubles me, tho- maybe from too much advertising study, but the line of the vase, and the leaf on the right tend to lead the eye off the canvas a bit-
I always have liked a circular movement that keeps the eye coming back for more. Other than that, it's lovely. I especially like the fact that there are mostly the centers of the flowers- the petals are few- that makes it very interesting.

YLCIA
07-20-2001, 12:27 PM
Wonderful painting on my point of view! I love the colors: they are my favorites, I love the sunflowers , leaves , vase, background and ...:D :)

RuthT
07-20-2001, 12:57 PM
I like this painting Gavinart, it has such freshness and immediacy. I too love the colors. What a lovely idea to give it to your daughter when she sets out on her own.

dornberg
07-20-2001, 03:31 PM
reflect a little more of the yellow off the vase?
or perhaps into some of the background?
i like the shape of the flowers as a group

wendee
07-20-2001, 10:31 PM
Lovely..sunflowers are also my favorite flowers...love the idea of giving it to you daughter when she has grown..she can then hand it down ...If she wants...:clap: :clap: :clap:

JeanineJ
07-20-2001, 11:27 PM
Tender and strong... A great bunch! I'd like to see some lost edges...