PDA

View Full Version : New-Blue Horses

SDavy
07-19-2001, 07:41 PM
Well Here's another one...What do you think? Also something new for me, but much more time planning...

TeAnne
07-19-2001, 08:53 PM
Lovely, the blue is striking, :) Franz Marc comes to mind :D

SDavy
07-19-2001, 08:56 PM
Thanks TeAnne. I am very fond of them . I used a photo of some friends who are
horses that I met in Ohio (long story)
Anyway- Franz Marc? I am not familiar with him- where can I find his work?

TeAnne
07-20-2001, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by SDavy
Thanks TeAnne. I am very fond of them . I used a photo of some friends who are
horses that I met in Ohio (long story)
Anyway- Franz Marc? I am not familiar with him- where can I find his work? Here ya go SDavy, :D enjoy http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?search=Franz+Marc

everetto
07-20-2001, 02:07 AM
I have a problem here with the spacial relationship between the two horses. There is a certain tension caused by the particular way the horse in the background is placed behind the closer one (or vise-versa). Hopefully dornberg will show up in this post and either put into words what I cannot say or point out that I am full of crap.

Either way, the crispness and purity of color here is to be commended. However, I was much more excited by the previous post- Blake was brought to mind, but Moreau came to mind immediately, are you familiar with his work? Especially his loose renderings?

diphascon
07-20-2001, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by SDavy
[B]Well Here's another one...What do you think? /B]

Fabulous idea. I have a problem, though, with the arrangement of the horses. Their special colour makes them an ensemble rather than two separate entities. The blue "echo" in the upper right looks a bit lost to me in relation to the central blue aspect, as well as the background horse loses against the foreground (as it hasn't got a head it's lacking a bit of identity for me and is more like an appendage to the interesting head in the foreground. Thus you may have a well defined center of interest, but the background horse "kissing" it corrupts it a bit (for me), I would be glad if the foreground head was free and the second horse, a bit smaller, was somewhere an echo to the center of interest. - The diagonal lines add a dynamic aspect. - I do not think it's the best solution that the lower right corner is the brightest area. - just brainstorming ...

keep on

martin adler

jerryW
07-20-2001, 10:26 AM
I love how you lurch into the elements of this.
the colors are extreme and that's ok too.
with a more integrated palet these slightly extended forms that interlock perfectly will be even more excellent.

SDavy
07-20-2001, 10:53 AM
Thank you all so much- It's so great to have this place to think of what I haven't thought of (huh?) you know what I mean- Oddly enough, in the picture I took, the rear horse's head is
completely obscured-he was eating god knows what on the ground.
But I see what you mean- I am concerned about his hump- I may rename it Igor...
Love Franz Marc- and have to look at Moreau...Marc reminds me a bit of Chagall- who I love, I wanted a more eerie look here- hence the dead tree reaching for them in the left/
I will probably do a few more, and play with the elements you all have spoken abpout-
Thanks again for making me think!

dornberg
07-20-2001, 03:45 PM
i like the different composition
one horse lines up with the horizon
the other comes across that lane, from off the canvas

JeanineJ
07-23-2001, 01:03 PM
I like this composition as well, but would like to see distant horse "of a different color" or at least different value... If this is too classical a comment for contemporary feel of your work, disregard!:rolleyes: