PDA

View Full Version : This little Piggy....

lorna12
11-23-2003, 03:10 AM
Hi all,

It was suggested that I post this here by the people at the wildlife forum....they thought you might be interested. It was posted there because I really didn't know where else to put it. It was called "Bear Feet Scratch" over there, but this is the actual title of the piece.

Hope you like it! 5X7 on clayboard black

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Nov-2003/11613-Bear_feet.A.jpg

lisilk
11-23-2003, 03:53 AM
Is this scratchboard ? If so you are in the right place. The subtle shading is just stunning. :clap: :clap: :clap: Is this from a photograph ? It reminds me of one I saw on here somewhere....probably yours !

Would love to see a WIP sometime. There are several terrific scatchboard artists here and you're at the top of the list with this !

Thanks for showing it over here.

Li

Kalibabe
11-23-2003, 04:04 AM
I am in awe of scratchboarders.....

This is amazing

:clap:

Jakeally
11-23-2003, 07:23 AM
Lorna....thanks so much for posting here...welcome to the forum.
This is yet another absolutely stunning work of art. It's beyond belief how you get such subtle shading.
I watched your work on 'Joseph' avidly and with my chin on the floor.:D
Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us :clap: :clap: :clap:

edited to say.... I love the title:D

lorna12
11-23-2003, 04:10 PM
Hi,

lisilk, Thankyou and yes this is scratchboard.

And also, you're right, this is from a photo which you saw here(RIL) but not mine. It was by "maryeve" who I neglected to credit. Thankyou maryeve!!! I loved the photo so much I just had to do this.

I have done a wip you might be interested in and an article called "Joseph" in the portraiture forum.

Kalibabe, thankyou!

Jakealley, thankyou for the welcome...I now know where to come with my scratches that don't fit the other forums!! Thanks also for your kind words about "Joseph" and the title of this piece...I'm glad you enjoyed them!!

Leaflin
11-28-2003, 02:38 PM
Good to see you in here Lorna hope you continue to share your scratches with us.
Fantastic piece!!!!

Here's the link to Joseph (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/11613/396/)

Bertoni
12-01-2003, 03:43 PM
Lorna: That is one dynamite scratchboard drawing!!!
Makes me want to get out my scratchboard stuff again, But the results won't be near as good as what you can do with the medium!!!:clap:

myorca
12-02-2003, 02:21 AM
Hey Lorna,

We just had a grandbaby last December... This is just adorable!!!
Another fantastic job!!!

Bob :)

lorna12
12-02-2003, 03:46 AM
Thankyou Linda, (for putting in the link, too) Bertoni and Bob for your very nice comments! It was fun to do.

Just going to post another scratch piece.