PDA

View Full Version : flower bird

rsmak
07-19-2001, 03:02 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jul-2001/bird2.jpg

this is watercolor on digital background,please critique.thanks.
rosanna

marylin h
07-19-2001, 03:06 PM
I would like to see the edges smoothed out, blending into the background. Maybe on a marbled background.

rsmak
07-19-2001, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by mha56
I would like to see the edges smoothed out, blending into the background. Maybe on a marbled background.

thanks for reply.
rosanna

ArtyHelen
07-19-2001, 05:20 PM
I really like your watercolour work, but I can't bear that digital background! Would love to see it on white, I think.

Helen

Les
07-19-2001, 05:45 PM
Hi !

I Like the work on the bird and flowers but I think what might be going on is the color scheme if the digital background. Sometimes unless you find just the right digital match the digital and artists color scheme can collide.This might be the case. Getting the image you have painted to blend into the background where it looks like it is an extention of what you have painted is probably what is needed. I agree to make it relatively subtle because of the work in the focal point. So keeping the background primarely subtle might be a direction to take.

I think it might be the soild green background.The green is too brilliant and flat and overpowers your lovely work.

Maybe finding a soft pastel/watercolor background (there are some that are digital.) Where there are subtle colors and subtle abstract shapes will help. The color suggestions of the background maybe can be soft greens, soft yellows ,soft violets and a touch of soft reds to pick up what you have painted...

Hope I was of some help.

Les

rsmak
07-19-2001, 06:08 PM
thanks, helen
thanks,les.
how is the original?
rosanna

Fagan
07-19-2001, 06:44 PM
ooooh yeah!!! Thats it Rosanna! Beautiful flowers....fantastic! I like the lighter background so much more.

Les
07-19-2001, 06:57 PM
I agree much better ..Now we can see your lovely colors better

Les

rsmak
07-19-2001, 09:41 PM
thanks ,beverly.
thanks,les.
rosanna

Impulse
07-19-2001, 09:49 PM
Rosanna,

Excellent watercolour. Don't be discouraged about the digital background. The concept of mixing the concrete and digital media is brilliant. You should experiment with textures, shape and depth in the digital background. I think you will be running with the best of them. :)

rsmak
07-19-2001, 09:53 PM
Thanks,Impulse,I appreciate your encougagement.

rosanna

TeAnne
07-20-2001, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by rsmak
thanks, helen
thanks,les.
how is the original?
rosanna I agree with Helen, so glad you posted this with the white. :cat:

wendee
07-20-2001, 05:03 AM
I also like it much better with the white background...love you water colour..:D :D

rsmak
07-20-2001, 10:19 AM
thanks TeAnne.
Thanks,Wendee.
rosanna

ArtyHelen
07-24-2001, 10:14 AM
Oh yes! Now it's really beautiful, rosanna!!

Why did you do the digital version? Just out of curiosity, or were you not happy with having 'no' background?

There is sometimes a fear of deciding not to add a background, but sometimes it works soooo well, and your work is a prime example of that!

Helen

Ladysue
07-24-2001, 10:24 AM
Not to be the devil's advocate here but I liked the depth and richness the deep green background provided. It looked something like the embroidery you see on Japanese Kimonos. Granted the edges needed work so the white looks more natural. I liked the subject on a dark color. Maybee try a kind of a wash feel in the background, or a glossy rather then the deep mat opaque green you had....

Just ideas of course.

rsmak
07-24-2001, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by ArtyHelen
Oh yes! Now it's really beautiful, rosanna!!

Why did you do the digital version? Just out of curiosity, or were you not happy with having 'no' background?

There is sometimes a fear of deciding not to add a background, but sometimes it works soooo well, and your work is a prime example of that!

Helen

thanks,helen,personally I like the greeen version better, I think it is beautiful,though it is a bit flat.
I do the digital because I wnted to find out what people think about the combination of watercolor with digital,I am very cuious aboutt the high tech and the classic style.
thanks for coming back,you responds are always welcome.
rosanna

rsmak
07-24-2001, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Ladysue
Not to be the devil's advocate here but I liked the depth and richness the deep green background provided. It looked something like the embroidery you see on Japanese Kimonos. Granted the edges needed work so the white looks more natural. I liked the subject on a dark color. Maybee try a kind of a wash feel in the background, or a glossy rather then the deep mat opaque green you had....

Just ideas of course. thanks ladysue, I am glad that somebody have the same idea with me.I also agree should put a tranparent backgroud-some other color.I will try again.
rosanna