PDA

View Full Version : First Print!

rickyt
11-21-2003, 08:19 PM
This is my first screenprint design "Bayou Sunset, it is a A/P. It is six colors using TW water-based inks. I tried to keep it simple due to other issues I was working out with the printing process. The seperation is handcut and it was a learning experience! I have since learned some new techniques for seperations like hand-painting and using charcoal to get different effects for the shadows and water. I also learned some ink blending techniques that I will use in the sky/water. I'm taking the same theme, mainly keeping only the cypress trees and using these newly learned tricks to produce another print.

rickyt

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Nov-2003/27902-Mvc-009f.jpg

talkingbanana
11-21-2003, 09:49 PM
Whoa, six colors is keeping it simple? My definition of "simple" is one color.

Looks fantastic! If this is just the A/P, I can't wait to see the rest of your edition. :D :clap: :clap:

rickyt
11-22-2003, 10:23 AM
Thanks talkingbanana, What a name! Well, what I meant by simple was no tight registration and fine lines. For anyone starting in screenprinting or wanting to get away from solvent based inks water-base inks is the way to go. No toxic fumes! They do not dry up in the screen as people think and you can get some vibrant colors! There are techniques that you have to follow but well worth it!

rickyt

Alan Cross
11-23-2003, 09:54 PM
Looks good congrats on your first print...
Alan :)