PDA

View Full Version : Just took the big leap!

sassybird
09-14-2000, 02:12 AM
I have been talking about buying some Aqua Monolith woodless watercolor pencils for about 2 weeks now. Well, I took the step and ordered a 72 piece set. They were back ordered on the 36 piece set...lol Since I just spent $100.00 on this set any and all experience anyone may have with these would be greatly appreciated http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
sass

Lady Artist
09-14-2000, 08:13 AM
I'd be interested in comments about watercolor pencils too, as I have a set staring at me that I haven't tried on an actual painting yet. I've found the colors to be more brilliant after wetting them, than tube colors. Also, it's going to take me awhile to know what to mix with what to get the shades I want -- a whole new approach.
Thanks for bringing this up, Sassybird

learning to paint
09-16-2000, 01:00 PM
Watercolor pencils are wonderful-- what a great invention!

Mostly, I use them to draw lines for subsequent watercolors. But I also use them to lay in colors, and sometimes, I use them to paint a bit.

Very flexible, nicely portable, far better for field use than real paints. The trick is to select colors carefully-- some sets tend toward very bright colors. It's easy enough to supplement your set if you're lacking the more subtle colors. But with 100 colors, you're probably fixed for life!

sassybird
09-16-2000, 02:21 PM
I have been working with the Aqua Monolith for two days now, and they are wonderful. They lay down smoothly dry, and wet they are so creamy in texture it is almost like using a liner brush. I am working them to get texture in certain areas. This is the best investment I have made in a long time as far as supplies go.

------------------
sass