GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: At The Feet Of Greatness
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 10 x 30
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Greatness in the title refers to the mountain range .. because of the 500 width limit the picture doesn't quite grasp it so I added a link to the larger work.

Here is a large view of the piece (http://home.cogeco.ca/~wgaudon/deeppic.htm)

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
?

jerryW
11-20-2003, 05:39 PM
wow!
the right half brings in the immensity
the rest grounds it nicely

mfoxmelanson
11-20-2003, 06:29 PM
Big Wow! This is powerful- and beautiful.

M.

roberj
11-20-2003, 06:33 PM
I looked for a smiley that was bowing down, but they dont have one. I can relate to all of your work and like most of it. I wish I had your apparant comfort with the knife on the surface. This one surpasses. I dont remember one I have liked better.

Bob

Matt Sammekull
11-20-2003, 06:47 PM
I saw this over at oils... and it looks great! Was/is that lake actually this blue?

//matt

giniaad
11-20-2003, 06:48 PM
a magic wonderland

I wish I could physically watch you work and apply the paint
(along with some others here at WC)
I'm sure I would learn some valuable lessons.

cheers!

arourapope
11-20-2003, 06:59 PM
Gonna tripple the previously uttered wows and raise them a "holy cow!"

Wayne Gaudon
11-20-2003, 07:03 PM
thank you all very much ..

Matt .. I did this from a photo from our new member from Siberia .. Artbars .. It was blue (not as blue) but photos lie and so do I .. I accentuate things and add or subtract .. it's not about rendering history or fact for me .. it's about making a painting and making it the way my eye's think it looks good. I think that is what they call artistic liscense :D My reason for a tad more blue was that I wanted to see the lake and the mountain and all in one take before the color and brushstrokes took me to the distant snowbank .. that way, my mind would make me go back to look at the lake and hopefully I would have a good hook .. lake to snow to lake .. does it do it for you?

giniaad .. I would be embarassed .. I'm not one for facing guns .. pressure is not my thing but maybe one on one would be fun. Ive had a lot of querries on how I use the knife but it's almost unexplainable as it's just movements of the wrist and touch with a knowing what happens when you twist as compared to push. Just think, artist have workshops with many many students and I'd have to have one on ones.

later and again .. thanks all ..

Wayne Gaudon
11-20-2003, 07:05 PM
aurorapope
.. LOL .. I have to go to the washroom before I P my pants .. I can't stop laughing .. thank you. You posted while I was typing.

giniaad
11-20-2003, 07:28 PM
the only bang would be in your work...
no guns here (well, can't speak for my sons):D

I understand how you feel, though...
working while others watch can be intimidating
(just feeling their presence can be intrusive to painting
even if you don't feel negativity from them)
it's more of a consideration for their being there, really...
and not wanting to be singular
...without them...
it almost feels like it's an insult towards them...
and an ego trip that feels unwarranted
is that the way you feel?

and I totally understand about the subtle, physical workings.
they are unexplainable...only time and experience can do that.
But! in understanding that...I would watch that very thing...
no pressure at all...

:cool: :)

Wayne Gaudon
11-20-2003, 07:55 PM
sort of like that
I need to concentrate and if I talk to my guest (which I feel I must if they are in the room as that is the polite thing to do) then I lose the magic and I become a craftsman instead of a tool of my moment with the creator.

It's almost as if the moment of creation is a sacret moment and it can't be shared but I imagine it would be different with another artist as they are intune with the inner workings and as you say would not be felt as an outside presence because inside one would know that they truly understand and just don't say they understand.

So, if you ever get over to this neighborhood let me know and you are welcome to drop in and share some time.

Paintonbrush
11-20-2003, 09:25 PM
A winner for sure........wahooooooooo.....
:clap:

dornberg
11-20-2003, 09:28 PM
very lyrical

Bobbo
11-20-2003, 10:26 PM
Yes!!! this is special......

giniaad
11-20-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Wayne Gaudon
sort of like that
I need to concentrate and if I talk to my guest (which I feel I must if they are in the room as that is the polite thing to do) then I lose the magic and I become a craftsman instead of a tool of my moment with the creator.

you said it far better than I did...
(and thanks for the invite...)

woodguy
11-21-2003, 12:58 AM
Wayne.....I'm not a big commenter, but I look at everything you do! This one is the best work (in my eyes) that I have seen you do. That "kick it up blue" at the left of center is absolutely perfect! Save this one in "special reserve" and not let it go "over the counter" in E-Bay. Jim

Wayne Gaudon
11-21-2003, 07:09 AM
thank you all very much ..

Jim .. only small works go to eBay .. there is no justice there but it buys paint and supplies so I go there for now. :D

impressionist2
11-21-2003, 08:07 AM
Wayne, This is wonderul!

Those small trees really nailed the perpective.

Renee

pero lane
11-21-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by woodguy
Wayne.....I'm not a big commenter, but I look at everything you do! This one is the best work (in my eyes) that I have seen you do. That "kick it up blue" at the left of center is absolutely perfect! Save this one in "special reserve" and not let it go "over the counter" in E-Bay. Jim

Ditto Wayne....I also think one of your best!!:clap: :clap:

Dana Design
11-21-2003, 12:12 PM
Stunning! This is just so beautiful and well done. Just staring at it for a prolonged period of time and studying.

I dread going to class! It seems that I cannot concentrate with a roomful of people walking behind me and those few constant chatterers. I stand there with this alien brush in my hand not knowing what to do with it. While at home standing next to my windows with my beloved paints, brushes and easel, I'm in heaven...totally zeroed in and knowing exactly where I want to go and do and thinking...oooh, I can't wait to get to that part.

I'm not a teacher but I want to yell "This is not recess! Get back to your desks!"

Am I nutz? Perhaps, but it's comforting to know that others have felt the same way.
Dana

Helen Zapata
11-21-2003, 01:00 PM
This is VERY nice, Wayne! You grabbed that perspective right on! I looked around at your others.... hadn't known you redid your site! It looks great!

This 10x30.. nifty size!

Helen

mairrca
11-21-2003, 01:18 PM
I can't think of words to write that describe how this painting blows me out of the water. I didn't know one could do this with paint.
marion

Wayne Gaudon
11-21-2003, 08:23 PM
Wow .. thank you all .. for once I'm speechless ..

Dana :D